Advertisement

Author Topic: iPhone 5s Now or Wait for the iPhone 6?  (Read 6945 times)

zena

iPhone 5s Now or Wait for the iPhone 6?
« on: April 28, 2014, 03:00:45 PM »
If you had to choose between the two, what would you do?

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

enomena

Re: iPhone 5s Now or Wait for the iPhone 6?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 03:04:18 PM »
Wait. You're only a few months away from wwdc.

minorcharacter

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 03:06:16 PM »
Just wait for the 6.  It's only about a month and a week away.  Not too long of a wait.

Sifu

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 03:14:15 PM »
Wait.  It is a well known thing for all the competition to release or lower prices of their products.

Like this post: 0

zena

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 11:26:43 AM »
Wait. You're only a few months away from wwdc.

Just wait for the 6.  It's only about a month and a week away.  Not too long of a wait.

Wait.  It is a well known thing for all the competition to release or lower prices of their products.

I C.

A part of me doesn't care for the latest and greatest, yet I hear so much about this new iPhone 6 being the greatest thing in the world, and that if I don't wait for it, my world will completely corrupt.

I'm so confused.  :-\

Sifu

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 12:16:47 PM »
The latest and greatest for the tech sector has a lifespan of 2-3 months.  No reason to always be chasing the rabbit's tail.  You'll never have the best for ling.  Purchase what works for you and besides it drives competition which is good for consumers.

zena

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 01:37:27 PM »
I am the last person to care about having the greatest anything (I am quite old-fashioned, if you know me).  Yet, I feel like there's this push that I should wait for the iPhone 6.  What exactly am I waiting for?  What is so great about this new phone that I should wait?

On the other hand, if I get the current phone, and then realize that the iPhone 6 was the better deal, I'm going to feel lousy and wish I had waited.

Argh...choices .  Really, this shouldn't even be a thought.  A phone is just a phone.

zena

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 01:43:34 PM »
The latest and greatest for the tech sector has a lifespan of 2-3 months.  No reason to always be chasing the rabbit's tail.  You'll never have the best for ling.  Purchase what works for you and besides it drives competition which is good for consumers.

The bolded...I could live with a flip phone that could take 8 mpxl or higher photos and connect to Instagram and have texting.  I don't need all the other fancy stuff.  Is there such a phone?

Sifu

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 01:58:11 PM »
I've always been a proponent of buying what suits you best.  I started out with Motorola, Nokia, Samsung, Apple and back to Nokia.  I have certain brand loyalties but understand that those loyalties don't matter if they don't help me much.  I would like the newest stuff but with smartphones nowadays its a lost cause due to the industry churning out new tech every 6 months. 
Not that I'm trying to promote my purchase (but I'm going to) but I got my Nokia 1020 for the camera.  I wanted a decent point and shoot first and foremost and there's really no smartphone that can do what this camera can do.  If the new 6 is any good I may get that (and still have this great phone).

zena

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2014, 02:12:49 PM »
Same here.  I've never purchased the latest and greatest.

Recently though, I've grown to respect Steve Jobs more than anything (I've always respected him, mind you, just more now).  I am a loyal person to people (and products) who are good to me or who've shown that they stand up for what they believe in.  Thus, I want to switch to an iPhone.  I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S2 that works great...but I'm feeling like I want to follow Steve Jobs creation.  He pioneered the way for all other phones and I'm beyond proud of that.

Of course, I don't plan to keep switching phones.  I just want to pick an iPhone and stay with it.  But, if the iPhone 6 will have more than 8 mpxl for its camera, I think I might have wait for it.

N`Chync

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2014, 03:07:30 PM »
Wait for the 6. I skipped the 5S to get a HTC One since I already have the iPhone 5. Waiting on the 6.

enomena

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2014, 03:13:42 PM »
I'm waiting for the new Androids coming this winter with the 64 bit arm processor with qhd screen that's a 2k screen. :)

I'm also tempted by the rumor of the new Samsung Prime with the Snapdragon 805 and aluminum/metal chasis too.

zena

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2014, 09:09:13 PM »
Wait for the 6. I skipped the 5S to get a HTC One since I already have the iPhone 5. Waiting on the 6.

Yeah...I'm leaning toward waiting...but like I said earlier, I'm soooo old-schooled, old-fashioned, that I can have a simple phone and be happy...as long as it can take good photos and connect to Instagram AND be Apple.  ;D

I'm waiting for the new Androids coming this winter with the 64 bit arm processor with qhd screen that's a 2k screen. :)

I'm also tempted by the rumor of the new Samsung Prime with the Snapdragon 805 and aluminum/metal chasis too.

My husband might be interested in that.  The new iPhone will also have a 64 bit processor and a few other stuff that I really don't care for.

Missterious

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2014, 06:11:30 AM »
Is it going to really look like this? It kinda looks like an HTC one. Lol. But I like! So tempting!

N`Chync

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2014, 06:18:08 AM »
No one knows until they announce it next month.

Advertisements