Advertisement

Author Topic: iPhone 5s Now or Wait for the iPhone 6?  (Read 6942 times)

zena

Re: iPhone 5s Now or Wait for the iPhone 6?
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2014, 07:40:46 PM »
I'm having problems with my current phone.  Makes me want to switch now instead of wait.  >:(

Was at my first grader's Mother's Day Tea Party and asked another mom to take a photo of daughter and I and my phone was acting up.  She had an iPhone and had no problems at all.  It was embarrassing.  :-[

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Sifu

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2014, 11:30:30 PM »
Just wait.  They are announcing a 4.7in and probably a 5.5+in iPhone very soon.  The competitors will slash their prices and release theirs as well. 

Due to your importance of camera I would seriously consider the Nokia 1020.  Its not a dslr but its pretty close.  If it could take lenses it would be an awesome starter.  What other smart phone do you know shoots in RAW?

zena

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2014, 11:22:35 AM »
Sifu, I actually want the smallest screen iPhone.  My husband said the same thing about the price slash too...but when I think about it, will I always be waiting until new releases to get the prices lashed for the previous versions?  I'm not a follower of trend.

The Nokia sounds so tempting.  It looks nice and I like that it takes awesome photos.  I wish it was an iPhone though.  As far as technology goes, I'm leaning toward anything Apple makes because as mentioned, I have a lot of respect for the guy who created it.

zena

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2014, 09:44:42 AM »
I've used iPhone4, S4, iPhone 5, etc...  I'm loving my iPhone again.  The iPhone is a superior package in my opinion.  They spent more time perfecting their craft than Samsung.  If I had a working Phone I would wait for the new iPhone 6 for sure.

Why I switched back to Apple even thought I <3 <3 <3 the big screen on S4.
Case#1
Take Siri vs. Galaxy.  I <3 Siri and Galaxy is quirky when asking questions.  Sometimes Galaxy do not understand what I am saying and it's plan English.  I constantly have to focus on enunciation with Galaxy.  Whereas Siri's algorithm is more robust at the human language and determining what I am saying.  My rationale why this is the case is due to Siri AI Architecture (programmer) spent 5 years at Stanford AI laboratory investigating the technology, start his own company, spent another year or two before it was sold to Apple.  Galaxy is a me-too product and need more time perfecting.

Case#2
Apple UI is smoother compared to Samsung.  This is due to Apple choosing to stick with tried and true IPS LCD whereas Samsung went with the OLED.  It is said OLED is not as accurate but more vibrant.  So when you screen left to right, you'll notice that Apple is smoother and more accurate when scrolling. 

Case#3
Apple is a better finished design.  Kind of straight forward if you ask me.

Case#4
Battery heats up too much during the summer when using GSP.

I REALLY miss my big screen on the S4 and if Apple can come up with that screen then more power to Apple.  Currently using iPhone 5s after 6 months of S4.  Just too many small things that is annoying.  Did I say I REALLY miss the big screen from Samsung S4?  I really do...especiall y in GPS mode...Oh and S4 has Google Map built in.

I'm with T-Mobile and they just do a lot of jacked up thing with the Phone to prevent me from locating my phone as well unless I paid T-Mobile to track it.  So this is also another reason why I switched.  S4 bends over for T-Mobile whereas Apple won't.

I'm confused.  You switched to iPhone.  You love the iPhone but you switched to Galaxy S4 because they bend over backwards for T-Mobile?  Which phone do you really have?

If you live in a big metro area buy one off craigslist.  My brother got his iPhone 5s for under $400.  They guy didn't like the small screen so switched back.

I don't live in the city, if that's what you mean.  I'm out in the boonies.  But, I'm sure I cans till locate a refurbished.  Craigslist scares me.  Husband won't have it though.  He prefers me to have a store bought one and he'd rather pay the monthly for that.  We'd be paying about $27 extra per month if I switch to the iPhone.

I actually like the small screen and I don't use google maps often.  I like how the iPhone fits in my hand and when I go running, it'll fit nicely on my arm and not be too bulky.  But, those are just smaller things that aren't that important.  The iPhone also has lots more apps.  I get annoyed when I read something about a cool app and learn it's only for iPhone.  I'll go looking for a similar app for Android and it's not the same thing...and they don't have anything similar to it.  Anyway, these are just some things that also drive me toward an iPhone but they are not priority.

N`Chync

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2014, 05:07:10 PM »
I'm with T-Mobile and they just do a lot of jacked up thing with the Phone to prevent me from locating my phone as well unless I paid T-Mobile to track it.  So this is also another reason why I switched.  S4 bends over for T-Mobile whereas Apple won't.

Huh? I'm with T-Mobile and don't have that issue.

N`Chync

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2014, 05:13:36 PM »
Sifu, I actually want the smallest screen iPhone.  My husband said the same thing about the price slash too...but when I think about it, will I always be waiting until new releases to get the prices lashed for the previous versions?  I'm not a follower of trend.

The Nokia sounds so tempting.  It looks nice and I like that it takes awesome photos.  I wish it was an iPhone though.  As far as technology goes, I'm leaning toward anything Apple makes because as mentioned, I have a lot of respect for the guy who created it.

Then u should go for the iPhone 5S if u want the 4" screen. iPhone 6 gonna have a bigger screen. Not a fan of big phones myself but I think 4.7" is the limit for me. After a few months with my HTC One it's been ok. I always had a iPhone as my main phone and a Android as my multimedia device but since I broke my iPhone 5 screen I had to use my One as a daily driver.

N`Chync

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2014, 05:17:53 PM »
I'm confused.  You switched to iPhone.  You love the iPhone but you switched to Galaxy S4 because they bend over backwards for T-Mobile?  Which phone do you really have?

I don't live in the city, if that's what you mean.  I'm out in the boonies.  But, I'm sure I cans till locate a refurbished.  Craigslist scares me.  Husband won't have it though.  He prefers me to have a store bought one and he'd rather pay the monthly for that.  We'd be paying about $27 extra per month if I switch to the iPhone.

I actually like the small screen and I don't use google maps often.  I like how the iPhone fits in my hand and when I go running, it'll fit nicely on my arm and not be too bulky.  But, those are just smaller things that aren't that important.  The iPhone also has lots more apps.  I get annoyed when I read something about a cool app and learn it's only for iPhone.  I'll go looking for a similar app for Android and it's not the same thing...and they don't have anything similar to it.  Anyway, these are just some things that also drive me toward an iPhone but they are not priority.

A reason why I like having both is their different ecosystems. And yes a lot of apps are iOS only as some apps are Android only. Sounds like your sold on the iPhone. What phone service are u with?

Missterious

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2014, 07:10:32 PM »
I also really like iphone for their free visual voicemail. I just can't let go of that feature anymore. No more calling your voicemail to hear messages; just click on the voicemail tab and click to listen to whatever message you want. I know many phones have this feature but it doesn't come for free. It's only some dollars more to add on, but with iphone, it's free. Love it.

N`Chync

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2014, 09:17:26 PM »
Visual is available on Android too. It's just better implemented on the iPhone. On Android I have to download T-Mobile's app to see visual voicemail while on iOS it's in the phone app.

zena

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2014, 01:05:00 PM »
I went ahead and got the iPhone 5s last week.  Why did I wait so long?  I LOVE everything about it.

Okay, the reason why I waited was 'cause T-Mobile didn't sell iPhones for a long time + it was too expensive.

zena

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2014, 01:17:30 PM »
There are a few things that I'm really liking:

1. I have access to all my iTunes music without having to download it onto my phone.

2. I have camera access without having to log onto my phone.  Same with the iTunes, except I do have to log in first but once the phone locks, I can still access the music.

3. Love the technology on the photos and video recording.  They have image stabilization.  I can totally see the difference in the videos I recorded with my old android and the 5s.

4. I can zoom while recording.  Couldn't do that with the old android.

5. The fingerprint access is so cool!

6. I chose Suri to have a male's voice.  ;D

zena

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2014, 01:20:09 PM »
What I don't like so far is Google Maps for the iPhone.  I loved it on the android because it was accurate and easy.  On the iPhone, it doesn't recognize some locations or its location mapping is different from what I'm familiar/comfortable with.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2014, 01:06:54 PM »
I am the last person to care about having the greatest anything (I am quite old-fashioned, if you know me).  Yet, I feel like there's this push that I should wait for the iPhone 6.  What exactly am I waiting for?  What is so great about this new phone that I should wait?

On the other hand, if I get the current phone, and then realize that the iPhone 6 was the better deal, I'm going to feel lousy and wish I had waited.

Argh...choices .  Really, this shouldn't even be a thought.  A phone is just a phone.

You are waiting becuase when you spend that money you would like to think you're spending it on something new and not spending all that money on an "old" piece of equipment, that is why you are waiting..

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

zena

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2014, 07:00:15 PM »
You are waiting becuase when you spend that money you would like to think you're spending it on something new and not spending all that money on an "old" piece of equipment, that is why you are waiting..

What?

So you made the upgrade? I've been tempting to upgrade to the 5 versions on numerous occasions but I was hoping Apple would come up with something better. Sounds like the 6 might be a go for me, although, this waiting game is making me antsy.

Yep! Upgraded.  So, by something better, did you mean a bigger screen?  Even though I'm not waiting for the 6, I'm antsy too!  I want to know what's going to be so great about that new phone...LOL!  I don't want it though...I love the small screen of the 5s and how the phone fits perfectly in my hand.

I totally love my new phone.  I think I'd say the best thing about it is its fast processor.  It's amazingly fast.  I'm still in awe about it.  Every time I turn it on, it pops right up.  Use my thumb to login and pretty much zoom thru everything...n o waiting.  My Instagram is so damn fast on this iPhone that I was able to do 2 images quickly...yeah ...I'm still so happy about it.  Okay...enough gushing.

Missterious

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2014, 01:53:26 PM »
Omg I had a moment where my life just flashed before my eyes!! My iphone fell into the water. Submerged in water! Had it dried right away and thank the heavens it is still alive today! Whew!

Advertisements