Advertisement

Author Topic: Room in San Francisco for Rent $1000/mo (incl. utilities/cable/internet)  (Read 8244 times)

svang415

Hi All,

I have a room in my 2 bed/1 bath flat which I'm trying to rent for extra $$ for a super secret fund.  I've lived here for the past 8 years w/o a roomie and have utilized the second bedroom as a guestroom, however with impending plans, I figured this would be a good way to pull in some extra cash.

About the place:

Its 10 blocks from Ocean Beach, 2 blocks from Land's End and 2 blocks from Golden Gate Park.  The bathroom will be shared and the common areas are the kitchen, living room and extra hangout room.  The place, including the bedroom, is fully furnished, but the furnishings can be removed to accommodate your stuff.  Your bedroom will have an ocean view and its of decent size.

About me: 

I'm single Hmong Woman, work M-F and don't usually get home til 7pm-ish to 9pm-ish or later as sometimes I work late, go to HH or have other things after work.

If you're in the market for a room in San Francisco, let me know and I can email you more info.

Thanks!

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Evil_K_Man

In the Outer Richmond? $1000 for a room? Wow things have gotten pretty expensive here in SF. Hope you find a roommate.

svang415

In the Outer Richmond? $1000 for a room? Wow things have gotten pretty expensive here in SF. Hope you find a roommate.

yup, you've pinpointed me down.  actually $1000 including all the extras is a deal in sf.   thanks to rent control my rent hasn't gone up in SF for the past 8 years.  if i don't find a roommate, i'll guess i'll just have to miss out on a couple more happy hours and save money that way.  i take it you must have better SF rent?

Evil_K_Man

yup, you've pinpointed me down.  actually $1000 including all the extras is a deal in sf.   thanks to rent control my rent hasn't gone up in SF for the past 8 years.  if i don't find a roommate, i'll guess i'll just have to miss out on a couple more happy hours and save money that way.  i take it you must have better SF rent?

Rent control is a double edged sword...just depends on if you are new to SF or not.

My rent isn't better per se, but I'm just not a fan of Richmond/Sunset...living there that is.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 02:48:12 PM by Evil_K_Man »

Evil_K_Man

But good luck on finding a roommate, I'm sure you'll find somone interested.

And good luck on your super secret fund... ;)

svang415

I'd have to say if I had my pick of the neighborhood I'd choose telegraph hill but that also means an extra 1k plus a month and less space. 

the richmond does get the fog and it is quiet sans hipsters but it definitely is not for everybody. I've actually learned to love it as I need my peace and quiet at night and there's still enough bars and mom and pop shops to go around, but that's just me, as it is to each their own.

i wish i could live here forever but since I know I don't have a million to snag my own place and my party/wanna be hipster days are behind me it seems like the 8 years I've been here have been enough, but hey who knows I may come back here when I'm an old geezer and join the old Chinese folks for their workouts in GG park.

Evil_K_Man

Telegraph Hill...thats a nice area, its pretty touristy being next to the Embarcadero and piers. Its nice...I've only been near Levi Plaza , but I never really explored that area...maybe bused through it from Nob Hill to downtown, but it seems pretty cool.

I used to live near Polk street on Nob Hill, but it gets to rowdy...especi ally the people who spill in from the Marina and crowd up the bars on Polk Street.  I actually prefer Mission Dolores now.  My favorite view of the city is actually by Dolores Park.

svang415

Telegraph Hill...thats a nice area, its pretty touristy being next to the Embarcadero and piers. Its nice...I've only been near Levi Plaza , but I never really explored that area...maybe bused through it from Nob Hill to downtown, but it seems pretty cool.

I used to live near Polk street on Nob Hill, but it gets to rowdy...especi ally the people who spill in from the Marina and crowd up the bars on Polk Street.  I actually prefer Mission Dolores now.  My favorite view of the city is actually by Dolores Park.

if u haven't done the coit tower over in telegraph hill, defly take the stairs on one end and go there. i think they just opened after being closed for remodeling...y eah polk is always rowdy..that's another barhop central place there ..dolores park is a nice spot too.

Evil_K_Man

if u haven't done the coit tower over in telegraph hill, defly take the stairs on one end and go there. i think they just opened after being closed for remodeling...y eah polk is always rowdy..that's another barhop central place there ..dolores park is a nice spot too.

Oh yeah, one of these days I will. I've done a couple of other stair walks by Fort Mason and the Inner sunset, but not Coit tower. I definitely will give it a go during summer time.

svang415

If I rent your room, can you help me find a job?   :2funny:  j/k

I would recommend doing background checks (criminal, financial/credit and to include 2-3 reference checks, one of them being an employer).  good luck!

ha! i'm not sure what kind of profession you're in but since i've been here i've been really surprised at how much opportunity there is in the city..but that's just my take on it.

thanks for the suggested screening, but yeah..that's a definite obvious to screen people.  i'm not hurting for a roomie but it would be helpful to have one--that's prolly one of the reasons y my posting isn't on craiglist.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
Hi All,

I have a room in my 2 bed/1 bath flat which I'm trying to rent for extra $$ for a super secret fund.  I've lived here for the past 8 years w/o a roomie and have utilized the second bedroom as a guestroom, however with impending plans, I figured this would be a good way to pull in some extra cash.

About the place:

Its 10 blocks from Ocean Beach, 2 blocks from Land's End and 2 blocks from Golden Gate Park.  The bathroom will be shared and the common areas are the kitchen, living room and extra hangout room.  The place, including the bedroom, is fully furnished, but the furnishings can be removed to accommodate your stuff.  Your bedroom will have an ocean view and its of decent size.

About me: 

I'm single Hmong Woman, work M-F and don't usually get home til 7pm-ish to 9pm-ish or later as sometimes I work late, go to HH or have other things after work.

If you're in the market for a room in San Francisco, let me know and I can email you more info.

Thanks!

Hmmm... if you haven't rented out your room yet, I'm sure there will be more people looking for places to live since the $15/hr is the law in CA now. More people will be able to pay $1000/month with that kind of money.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

svang415

Hmmm... if you haven't rented out your room yet, I'm sure there will be more people looking for places to live since the $15/hr is the law in CA now. More people will be able to pay $1000/month with that kind of money.
ha..yes its gone..and well...i'm gone now too from SF...(gave everything up in December 2015 to travel...curre ntly in Vietnam now and will go back to India this Saturday)...finding a room now in SF for $1000 will be difficult...GL to those that are in the market.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
ha..yes its gone..and well...i'm gone now too from SF...(gave everything up in December 2015 to travel...curre ntly in Vietnam now and will go back to India this Saturday)...finding a room now in SF for $1000 will be difficult...GL to those that are in the market.

Just traveling as in tourist and site seeing or business?

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

svang415

Just traveling as in tourist and site seeing or business?

Traveling, as in living life, exploring, experiencing new cultures, meeting new people.  If i run into a gig, great--if not, I move on to wherever the wind takes me.  I did take 2 years to seriously prepare--however some folks don't take that long.  The worst thing that can happen is I just have to return to the states and get back into the rat race--which is something other folks around the world and even in the states would kill for--so when you really think about it...I don't have much to lose.

Advertisements