Advertisement

Author Topic: Nikon D5100 auto focus not working..  (Read 1376 times)

SleeplessBeauty

Nikon D5100 auto focus not working..
« on: May 21, 2014, 11:43:15 AM »
I have a D5100 nikon with 18-55mm and 55-200mm lenses.  Recently, the auto focus isn’t working on the 55-200mm lens but it works fine on the 18-55mm lens which is the lens I primarily use. Sadly, it stopped working when I was using it during my dad’s funeral so I missed out on a lot of pictures I normally would’ve captured.   My settings are both the same for both lenses to be at autofocus.  When I push the shutter button, it wouldn’t take pictures if there isn’t enough natural sun light but only electric lights because the flash won’t come on and the auto focus won’t focus. The lens would turn (adjust) but would not snap a photo. At this point, I am thinking it’s not the body but the 55-200mm lens.  Anyone else having this problem? I know very little about cameras so I need some help.   

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

zena

Re: Nikon D5100 auto focus not working..
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 05:32:39 PM »
What was your ISO set to?

I don't think it was because it wouldn't take the photos.  I think it was trying to let in more light so when you hit the shutter button, it took long to let in the light.  Did you make sure that your camera setting was on auto focus too? Not just the lens.  That's my guess if your flash didn't go.

If you think you have defective lenses, you should return them or take it to a camera shop to have a look at them.

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +377
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 06:12:07 PM »
SleeplessBeaut y, If I were there I'll help you and I could fix it for you in no time.  ;)

Did you turn on autofocus switch for both camera and lenses at the same time? If the camera set on manual and the lens was on auto then the snap shutter isn't working correctly.

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Sifu

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 02:57:49 PM »
Are they Nikon lenses?
Did they work before or this is the first time using them?

Advertisements