Advertisement

Author Topic: Just Installed Intake On My Ford Escape  (Read 7605 times)

Hitokiri

Re: Just Installed Intake On My Ford Escape
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2014, 06:11:47 PM »
WOot! Intercooler and sparkplugs came in! Now all I need is a tuner and a ecu flasher.  O0

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2014, 07:26:37 PM »
That's good stuff.  You should already put the plugs in...  You won't regret buying them..  It's important to tighten them to the right torque spec as well..

I too am looking at buying something that's turbocharged.. .  Twin turbo...  Unfortunately for what I want it'll be lugging some exta lbs making it's 0-60 time about a whole second slower... 

Oh wells that's what I have my teggie for anyways..  For track days and random highway runs..

« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 07:34:18 PM by thePoster »

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Hitokiri

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2014, 09:23:30 PM »
That's good stuff.  You should already put the plugs in...  You won't regret buying them..  It's important to tighten them to the right torque spec as well..

I well be after I install everything. More then likely the sparkplugs well be the last thing installed.

Finest

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2014, 11:18:04 PM »
Nice FMIC.  Looks beastly!   O0

Hitokiri

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2014, 09:57:53 AM »
Nice FMIC.  Looks beastly!   O0

Thanks. It also came with aftermarket intercooler piping as well. Shouldn't be too tough to install. I'll post up a final pictures and hopefully even a dyno graph after all is said and done.

Hitokiri

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2014, 04:25:54 PM »
Yeah me! Intercooler is on! Takes to my friend Tou Fue at One Day Auto located in Saint Paul! One of the best and most trust mechanics I know!  O0

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2014, 04:30:23 PM »
C'mon now!!  You could've put that in yourself!!!

Anyways did you put in the plugs yet?!?

Those are your real difference makers!

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Hitokiri

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2014, 04:52:29 PM »
C'mon now!!  You could've put that in yourself!!!

Yes could have but it would have taken a lot longer, I would have gotten to see my friend who I haven't seen in years, and it was just a lot easier/funnier this way.  ;D

Anyways did you put in the plugs yet?!?

Those are your real difference makers!

If you say so. I put them in and they helped out with my throttle response and my MPG but power wise not very much. All I need is a tune now and I'll be done.

Finest

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2014, 02:11:56 PM »
Yeah me! Intercooler is on! Takes to my friend Tou Fue at One Day Auto located in Saint Paul! One of the best and most trust mechanics I know!  O0

Ah ha!  So that's why you were up in MN!   >:D  O0

Like this post: +1

Hitokiri

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2014, 08:55:43 PM »
Ah ha!  So that's why you were up in MN!   >:D  O0

Not the only reason but yes it was one of the main ones. Haha.. O0

Hitokiri

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2014, 12:22:45 AM »
Yeah new rims! Can't wait to show them off next summer.

If you're wondering they're 18" Ford Focus ST "Snowflakes". I've been looking for them for a while and got them for a great price - tires, rims, and tire pressure sensors and all.  O0

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2014, 10:16:29 PM »
Nice setup.   O0  How is the Escape compared to the CX7? 

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

Hitokiri

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2014, 08:38:15 AM »
The CX7 is more in line with the Ford Vibe then it is with the Escape. The Escape is more in line with the CX5. I know the CX7 uses a 2.3 liter turbo engine which is similar if not the same motor as found some Lincoln cars which is awesome.  The CX5 though only has naturally aspirated motors though. I never drove a CX5/7 so I can't give a comparison without being bias.

As for the motor issue...
It matters who you talk to. Mazda and Ford has been using different variations of this motor for a long time both in the USA and around the world. So far there's been little issue. Some tuners are concerned but as the miles rack up there hasn't been much to report. I guess we well wait and see but there are many Fords and Mazda with over 100000 miles that have no issues. 

Hitokiri

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2015, 11:18:44 PM »
It's been a while since I've updated my build thread. I just recently replaced my 17" winter rims/tires with my 18" summer rims/combo. The 18's are from a Ford Focus ST. I had to buy taller tires to make them look right on my Escape but it worked! The front tire just barely fits within the tire wall.

I also installed a Turbosmart blow off valve.

FINALLY....Got my tuner, paid the for the tune, and upload the tune to my car.

TAH DAH! From 240 HP/270 TQ to about 300 HP/340 TQ. The horsepower numbers might be a little down but the torque numbers are not. This car is transformed and even though it won't be blazing 13 second quarter mile times it's probably quicker then people think. I pulled a newer WRX pretty good on an on ramp to the highway. Passing is no longer an issue. Haha.. :2funny:

So who says souping up a SUV or a domestic isn't cool or fun.  O0

Envy2

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2015, 09:59:07 AM »
It's been a while since I've updated my build thread. I just recently replaced my 17" winter rims/tires with my 18" summer rims/combo. The 18's are from a Ford Focus ST. I had to buy taller tires to make them look right on my Escape but it worked! The front tire just barely fits within the tire wall.

I also installed a Turbosmart blow off valve.

FINALLY....Got my tuner, paid the for the tune, and upload the tune to my car.

TAH DAH! From 240 HP/270 TQ to about 300 HP/340 TQ. The horsepower numbers might be a little down but the torque numbers are not. This car is transformed and even though it won't be blazing 13 second quarter mile times it's probably quicker then people think. I pulled a newer WRX pretty good on an on ramp to the highway. Passing is no longer an issue. Haha.. :2funny:

So who says souping up a SUV or a domestic isn't cool or fun.  O0

Wow I gotta say.. your neighborhood looks clean....as for SUV and power I guess there is always a number to chase whether its MPG, HP, or dB.

Advertisements