Advertisement

Author Topic: Harley Davidson's Electric Motorbike "Live Wire" - Interested?  (Read 1564 times)

Hitokiri

Pretty bold move by Harley who is know for it history of loud v-twin motors. I know traditionalist probably don't like it but I think the bike is more for the next generation bike owners. There's a certain segment of bikers that like technology and invention and the Live Wire is just that. Would any of you two wheel guys be interested in buying an electric bike? How about some other companies like Yamaha, Suzuki, Ducati, or Honda offered electric powered bikes - would you be interested?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Harley Davidson's Electric Motorbike "Live Wire" - Interested?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 02:23:14 PM »
Would any of you two wheel guys be interested in buying an electric bike? How about some other companies like Yamaha, Suzuki, Ducati, or Honda offered electric powered bikes - would you be interested?

E-bikes are good for short trips so If I ride within 100 miles, I think it's a good idea economically speaking.

Sifu

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 09:08:13 AM »
Out of the many motorcycle manufacturers I would never expect HD to even think of an electric motorcycle.  It's the polar extremes of that company.  Obnoxiously loud vs rolling silence?  I can't grasp the idea.

Finest

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 01:23:18 PM »
Out of the many motorcycle manufacturers I would never expect HD to even think of an electric motorcycle.  It's the polar extremes of that company.  Obnoxiously loud vs rolling silence?  I can't grasp the idea.

That should really tell you the state of motorcycle manufacturers these days.  H-D is still struggling to stay afloat, even with the largest market share of domestically made motorcycles.  I have family who works there and while it's an awesome place to work that's rich in history and pride, they've also had to deal with the bad times of a struggling company with massive layoffs and reductions. 

They're obviously not moving out of their platform of producing their iconic motorcycles, but they're also exploring the added benefit of an electric bike when and if it gains any momentum in the near future.  I know that riding around in town as a commuter, a 50 mile range would be perfect as you'll just charge it overnight anyways.  If I can do that, while looking that good, and not fill up on any gas, sign me up for one!   8)  O0  (but only if it's under $20k MSRP, lol!) 

Advertisements