Advertisement

Author Topic: What is your favorite Classic Novel  (Read 7936 times)

Online thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +287
    • View Profile
Re: What is your favorite Classic Novel
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2017, 06:08:14 AM »
I remember reading the great gatsby too.  Our teacher wouldn't let us watch the movie because she said we'd be cheating!

I think I vaguely remember reading North and South...

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Offline out

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +102
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2018, 04:49:43 AM »
I don't look upon classics too fondly. For one thing they remind me of long, dull papers full of asinine critical analyses we were forced to write. For another, they were usually long and tedious to get through. But my favorites are mostly the ones I found on my own such as Jane Eyre and Pride & Prejudice. Two notable classics that I had to read for school that I didn't mind were the Great Gatsby and North & South by Elizabeth Gaskell. There is actually a great adaptation of North & South starring Richard Armitage (the actor who plays Thorin in The Hobbit). You can find it on Netflix.

I hate reading. Thank God for Sparknotes and movies for getting me through school hehe.

Like this post: +1

Offline highway

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +102
    • View Profile
    • Kiva
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2018, 04:07:00 PM »
(Chicka Chicka Boom Boom)

In college I was a nanny for twin boys. We read and sung this sooooo much that even now when I see the title my muscle memory starts singing.. lol

live simply so others may simply live
go vegan

Offline can

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +107
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2018, 02:17:55 PM »
i read Tolstoy in high school but in Russian.

Advertisements