Advertisement

Author Topic: Stand Your Ground: Chai Vang Case Revisited  (Read 33768 times)

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
Re: Stand Your Ground: Chai Vang Case Revisited
« Reply #120 on: August 06, 2014, 02:22:29 AM »
And what’s up with u constantly modifying your word?! If you’re going to post keep it original. 

I edit for typo reasons so it will make more sense. But you're right, we shouldn't constantly modify our words. Keep it original right? That reminds me. True story here. There's someone in here that constantly changes their word. Just take a look.

Don't know the full story but if you're Hmong then you know the mentality of Hmong people, especially as a Minority with no Country. Hmong will never barge into others to cause any unnecessary trouble and any animals if cornered to the extreme would bite back.

I gave examples of Hmong on Hmong violence. Guess what what does, changes the word. Look below.

u had problem for taking words too literally, those were completely unrelated situations and by 'other' in this topic referring to Meskas.

So I gave an example of two Hmong guys going into a house to steal a purse from a white girl and killing her. Now guess what he wrote. Look below.

^ ::) here it is again trying to redeem himself after wrongfully interpreting my word to crown himself an I-D-I-O-T-genius on here.    

Some people huh? Looks like some people just can't handle the truth and gets mad real easily. Hopefully you're not like that guy.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

bulbasaur

« Reply #121 on: June 24, 2016, 06:06:25 PM »
So I was browsing the web, and I noticed that the six folks that Vang killed currently have a park dedicated to them as a memorial.  The entire situation was a tragedy, but I personally have no doubt that they played a part in that tragedy.  I am not saying that they should have been killed, but they ain't completely innocent. 

1.  Their story is completely inconsistent.  They said they didn't have many guns (or maybe it was just 1 or 2 among them, I can't remember).  WTH?  You have all those ATV's, all those people, you're on a hunting trip, and you only have a couple of guns?  Bullsh!t. 

2.  They claimed that they were completely polite about the entire situation and said nothing derogatory.  That's bullsh!t, but I am still willing to give you the benefit of the doubt on that.  However, by their own testimony, Vang took off his scope, and started walking away.  Why in the hell would he turn around and shoot?  Is Vang's just insane?  If so....

3. If he were insane, then why do you think he is fit for trial?   

I believe both sides are to blame for this.  Vang should have just kept walking away.  Those other hunters shouldn't have instigated it.  Now, those hunters are dead, and Vang is in prison for life.  Both sides learned a lesson in the importance of patience and tolerance, but the price for that lesson was very high. 

Fast forward 12 years, and Dylan is facing a similar situation. 

Like this post: +1

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 24, 2016, 06:44:31 PM »
Same inequality and unfair judgement in the court systems across the US. When it's white person, there's always leniency... In Dylan's case, same s#it... Nothing changes... All it does is encourage more problems, violence, and mass killings. Maybe that's what they want?

Offline YeejKoob13

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 27, 2016, 09:47:51 PM »

You fukken sore-loser buffoons. Doesn't matter if this trial was done in Hayward, WI or Los Angeles county. Hell, you could put this fiasco in any Hawaii county and Samoa Joe's would find Chai Vang guilty as a kid with cookie crumbs all over his shirt. You've got to be one dumb fukk to think otherwise that somehow, intelligent, good citizens chosen to be jurors would somehow translate [Chai Vang shot multiple victims in the back], killing 6 and wounding 2 others, while receiving ZERO damage, as some sort of justified act of self-defense.

I didn't see or kept up with some of the points this self-hater made back then, like the above, so didn't address it.

The Rodney King police beating case showed us that two different sets of jurors concluded two different results concerning the same incident. And these jurors were taken only from certain counties of California, USA; the first being a vast majority of White (with 1 Hispanic, 1 Asian/Filipino, no blacks), the second being slightly more of mixed races (with 1 Hispanic, 2 blacks) and younger. And here he thinks (and challenges and insults our intelligence) that aliens and/or aboriginals in rain forests would universally find Chai guilty. Basically he's arguing that every "fair minded" persons of the world and beyond will have to reach the same conclusion only. Doubtful because everybody has a different life experience and that determines his/her interpretation of the events/evidences, just like the second set of jurors in the Rodney King case. It's too bad we can't put his theory to the test. I feel confident that with a strong committed competent lawyer the results will vary depending on where the venue takes place, especially in Southern China or LosTsuas, compare to what happened in Hayward, WI.

This guy wants to convince some of us so badly to not even voice our concerns on how Chai's trial was handled as this is indicative of our lack of understanding of laws and even decency and therefore because of these shortcomings we are an embarrassment to him, since presumably Whites would group him with us. I say the opposite is true. We inherently see the injustice and lack of fairness and representation in the procedures of Chai's trial. Whites/others will respect us more if they see that we protect (or at least try to) our own when it merits it.

I can accept Chai being found guilty to the fullest of the charges if the jurors "of his peers" were at least a mixed race group and his lawyer showing strong commitment and competency to his defense. But as is, I don't think Chai got a fair trial... Personally I don't think Chai is a hero or the sort, but I think he had cause to do what he did in order to protect himself.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 10:42:17 AM by YeejKoob13 »

Offline YeejKoob13

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 27, 2016, 10:23:26 PM »
I'm trying to put myself in Chai's position here and seeing that every one of those White hunters, including the woman(?), was bigger than me (if I was Chai's height at 5'4" that is), would certainly intimidate and frighten me. Without my gun I would stand little chance against any one of them (except maybe the woman), especially the hostile teenager and that one guy who took the stand (who kept on chewing gum?), let a lone all of them or a few of them at once, in a physical altercation. And even with gun I would still feel threatened enough with their sizes and numbers, as anyone of them could attack from a blind side and do serious harm.

I don't know about you guys, but when I was younger I found myself in a few bar/club fights against other ethnic ppl (dawb, dub, nyablaj, etc), and in the chaos you just punch/strike to neutralize whoever comes your way as you never know what they intend to do to you. Even when they are running away at that very moment from you, the threat isn't over, and they aren't about to give up yet, especially if you have humiliated one of their guys and if they have the numbers (as is the case with Chai's situation), will only regroup to corner you. Then you're in big trouble, as I and a few friends/cousins have found ourselves in before.

I don't think Chai had time to assess exactly how many guns those White hunters had on them, or who exactly had what, and/or who intended to fight and who was just there to spectate. All he saw and recognized was a hostile mob encircling him, an immediate danger to him, all the more because they shot at him, and so he strove to live in a life and limb situation.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 10:48:38 AM by YeejKoob13 »

Advertisements