Advertisement

Author Topic: Child Immigration Crisis  (Read 8606 times)

proudlao

Child Immigration Crisis
« on: July 11, 2014, 07:05:48 PM »
I feel for these children. It reminds me of camp days. So many kids without their parents.

Video with Katie Couric
http://news.yahoo.com/katie-couric-immigration-now-i-get-it-061118699.html;_ylt=A0LEV0FLesBTnCYAqY9XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEzMmdmMTEzBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1NNRTQ4NV8x

Immigration has always been a contentious issue in the United States. But the current crisis reached a boiling point last week in Murrieta, California, when angry protesters successfully turned away three buses of undocumented immigrants being taken to a border patrol post there.

The residents were upset because they don’t want their tax dollars supporting the recent wave of undocumented minors who have been streaming across the border. Over the last nine months, more than 52,000 unaccompanied children have entered the U.S. illegally, and they’re burdening an already burdened system.

Most of these children are coming from Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador, and some of the children making the dangerous journey have been toddlers.

Border patrol stations are backed up, so thousands of kids are being sent to detention centers on military bases. Even a warehouse in Arizona has been converted into a holding facility.

So why are they coming? And why aren’t they being turned away immediately? No matter where you stand on the immigration issue or this current crisis, hopefully after watching this you’ll be able to say, ‘Now I Get It

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Online joot

• Jr. Poster
  • Lonewolf & Cub
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
Re: Child Immigration Crisis
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 09:37:38 AM »
The US have immigration laws in the books.  Why can't the laws be followed?

sam

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 02:10:13 PM »
I remember Thai were protesting and wanted us out of their country.  Things like this, just remind me to remember where I(we) came from.  The tortured and raped that some people had to endure.   Have compassion for others.

Sydney

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 02:39:13 PM »
We all came to this country in some form of immigration. If we find ways to compromise, we can all live peacefully together. 

F-16

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 07:45:13 PM »
The US have immigration laws in the books.  Why can't the laws be followed?

This is what the book says lol.  It sounds bad and evil but try going to these countries illegally and you'll get your azz fawk in prisons.  If they want to be here so bad then file for legal citizen paperwork!! 

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +439
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 06:06:48 AM »
There's a process to getting into this country. These people need to follow it, plain and simple.

proudlao

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 08:51:38 PM »
Starving children and children without parents will not seek process. It happens some of us. Most of these children are simply trying to survive another day, the crime alone in their countries are outrageous.

F-16

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 02:25:54 AM »
Starving children and children without parents will not seek process. It happens some of us. Most of these children are simply trying to survive another day, the crime alone in their countries are outrageous.

It has come down to either your children first or other buddy.  We are not the richest nation anymore so stop the b.s. about helping others.  These children used the system to get into this country illegally and we're actually providing, facilities, meals, free flight or bus for them to go home. 

proudlao

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2014, 11:56:35 AM »
Most children during the Vietnam war were in similar situation and Thailand and the world has done the same. Nothing is new, except this is U.S border. And in any other borders around the world, people, including children have also fled their land seeking help in many circumstances. Had the world turn these people down, some of us would have never seen the U.S.

sam

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2014, 01:27:52 PM »
It has come down to either your children first or other buddy.  We are not the richest nation anymore so stop the b.s. about helping others.  These children used the system to get into this country illegally and we're actually providing, facilities, meals, free flight or bus for them to go home. 

Wonder how your parents or grandparents get to this country?  You need to go back and talk to your parents or grandparents.  Txhob rov taw tuam ntuj.  This is not your country.  You are just happen to be here too.

sam

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2014, 01:31:48 PM »
Most children during the Vietnam war were in similar situation and Thailand and the world has done the same. Nothing is new, except this is U.S border. And in any other borders around the world, people, including children have also fled their land seeking help in many circumstances. Had the world turn these people down, some of us would have never seen the U.S.

Memory flood back.  Thai didn't want us there.  Other countries took us under their wings.  Thanks to USA, France, Germany, Canada, French G.  These countries didn't have to do it, but they chose to take care us. 

Sydney

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2014, 09:04:30 AM »
If children are able evade and sneak into a country with high security patrol, what does that say about border patrol?  Anyway, the issue isn't the children, it is the adults.  The system is broken somewhere along the line, and somebody has got to pay for it.  However, in doing so, the US still needs to show some safety and concerns for these kids whether they are to be returned for retained for information.

F-16

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2014, 04:19:37 AM »
Wonder how your parents or grandparents get to this country?  You need to go back and talk to your parents or grandparents.  Txhob rov taw tuam ntuj.  This is not your country.  You are just happen to be here too.

Of all the stupid questions people  asked me this has to be one of the worst one! ;D  FYI my uncles, brothers fought alongside with GVP/ U.S. during the Vietnam War. 

sam

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2014, 05:28:28 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 05:55:04 AM by sam »

sw33t

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2014, 01:10:08 PM »
I read an article not too long ago saying that many of these children crossed over because families here in the states told them that if they travel alone, when they get here, they will get free housing and schooling. Many of these children's parents paid thousands to sneak them here in the US. I don't know if it's true since the media is not always accurate but if it is, it’s not right for these kids to be sent here illegally to live off the system. They need to go through the system like every other country to get here legally.

Advertisements