Advertisement

Author Topic: Professor X is a douche (spoilers)  (Read 935 times)

Offline anonymouse

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +218
    • View Profile
Professor X is a douche (spoilers)
« on: August 06, 2014, 10:29:03 PM »
I never thought of it like that till I saw DOFP recently (yes i'm slow i know).
And so I went back to watch First class.

He's a douche to "his fellow mutants."

It might be like Magneto said "This Dorky looking helmet is the only thing that's going to protect me from the REAL bad guys."

Here's why I think he's a douche.

1. Abuses powers heavily.
He abuses his powers to the point where he basically tries to be "god."

First class:
He does this when he knowingly goes inside other people's minds and reads their thoughts.

DOFP:

He messes with Raven's mind.  He invades her mind to make it seem like everyone she passes by is him talking to her.
Telling her "this isn't the raven I know." "This isn't how you are." "This isn't right."
He literally invades her thoughts and attempts to force her to think the way he does.

In another scene. An officer asks for identification . He uses his powers to get the officer to agree with whatever he says.

In the last seen, when Raven knocks off Eric's helmet, he uses his powers to control Eric to raise the metal stuff that's holding him down.

Shaming/blaming others: (i don't quite have a way to word it so if you have something better, please let me know)
First class:
He tells mystique to "put some clothes on." 
in the same scene, he tells her thank "hank found a cure for her cosmetic problem."
and he ends up telling her "You gonna tell me what's the matter or am I going to have to read your mind?"

While he was helping everyone else learn to use their powers. He never bothered to care how she felt, or how to fully utilize her powers (it's not just physical appearance, she can do alot more) and even when she insists she can help, he says no.

DOFP:
He blames Eric(Magnus/Magneto) for Raven becoming the way she is. When in reality, it was him. The way he treated her. The way he spoke down to her.

-------
I think he really is a douche. He creates a school to teach others how to control their powers and "blend in."
Of course, people fear mutants, but instead leading by example and being a stronger voice, he chooses to tell them to hide their "gifts."
Teaching them about responsibiliti es and how to use their powers is great. But why would you expect others to listen to you if you are in the next room playing god and abusing your own powers?
Just looking at how he treated Raven, His friend, His longest friend, His ONLY friend.

While Magneto's actions are dangerous, at times questionable, and even deadly at times, He atleast tells mutants to be proud of who they are. To NOT be ashamed of themselves.

He really is the "Bad guy."

What do you think?

Like this post: 0
Try to change the things you cannot accept.

Adverstisement

Offline minorcharacter

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +593
    • View Profile
Re: Professor X is a douche (spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 08:44:10 AM »
This is simply propaganda!  You're with Magneto and the brotherhood of mutants, aren't you?!  Professor X wasn't always the humble Patrick Stewart-esque man that we know him to be.  It is just silly to judge him based off the actions of a younger him in X-men first class and DOFP.  Come on, didn't you catch how awe-inspiring that scene was from DOFP when the old him had a chat with the younger him?  A bad guy wouldn't say that now, would he? 

Anonymouse I get the feeling that you're just a little lost here.  Just because someone stumbles and loses their way, it doesn’t mean they’re lost forever. Sometimes we need a little help.  Hope.  Please anonymouse, we need you to hope again.

Like this post: +1

Offline N`Chync

• Sr. Poster
  • CandleGuy
  • Respect: +73
    • View Profile
    • N`Chync's Myspace
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 01:27:58 AM »
He created the school to give mutants a chance to live normal life and learn to control their powers. Yea he has done some really bad things but he's always felt bad about it since he's not so eager to sacrifice anyone for the cause like Magneto would. During World War Hulk, the Hulk came back to Earth to get revenge on the illuminati, group consisting of Professor X, Mr. Fantastic, Black Bolt, Iron Man, and Dr. Strange, for exiling the Hulk off planet even Professor X wasn't with the group when the decision was made. When the Hulk confronted Professor X if he was there what would his answer be? Professor X said he would have agreed with the rest and surrendered to the Hulk while the X-Men try to intervene.
X-Men: First Class didn't portray anyone right but it was a good movie. Professor X was cool. Magneto was a little haha. In the comics Magneto may not always be on the same side as Professor X but he had his respect for Xavier and his children except for Wolverine. Those 2 don't like each other LoL. Days of Future Past Xavier tho was a douchebag. Can't blame him. His best friend left him paralyzed and his friendzoned friend left him while he was taking the correct path and leading the way for mutants. Xavier at least is upfront to people. Magneto in the movies has always used everything to his advantage like tagging along with Xavier or Xavier and Logan until the time was right and people got hurt or died then take off like it was no big. Big time **** moves

Boo Ya!

Offline anonymouse

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +218
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 12:55:48 AM »
This is simply propaganda!  You're with Magneto and the brotherhood of mutants, aren't you?!  Professor X wasn't always the humble Patrick Stewart-esque man that we know him to be.  It is just silly to judge him based off the actions of a younger him in X-men first class and DOFP.  Come on, didn't you catch how awe-inspiring that scene was from DOFP when the old him had a chat with the younger him?  A bad guy wouldn't say that now, would he? 

Anonymouse I get the feeling that you're just a little lost here.  Just because someone stumbles and loses their way, it doesn’t mean they’re lost forever. Sometimes we need a little help.  Hope.  Please anonymouse, we need you to hope again.

was away from PH for awhile.
If it was real life, I'd say, I probably would side with magneto. I'm not pro-destruction of the world. But damn, when people try to exterminate me, I will fight back. Maybe he's just a good guy taking all the wrong steps?

Hope. But not in his sense. With his intelligence, with his knowledge and his powers, I'm not sure why he wouldn't use it to be a stronger voice to be able to make mutants look less like a problem instead of trying to be invisible.  He could do so much more, but he didn't.  He could do so much more than teach people to be invisible. It's almost like saying, people don't like it when you speak your native tongue, hide it so you can blend in. Hide your "asian-ness" because it scares people, be more "white" and be more like the public. Kinda offensive right?

It actually hits close to home. ^_^
 a year ago, I got into a huge controversial case with the fraternity I was a part of. It wasn't even huge, it was the most stupidest crap ever. But is escalated to the point where the office of equal affairs was involved and even the school chancellor was involved (that bad, ha). It was a stupid incident. Basically, I'm a guy, I'm a bit overweight, but I'm confident with how I look, I don't like being fat, But I'm fine with it. And so often times, I wear spandex attire because I go to the gym alot (after class, before events, after events).  And the fraternity I was in, there was a couple of members who made sly comments about my attire. At first it was joking about "your package is showing." Which I was fine, it was a joke. And then I got the message from our advisors (basically, supervisors) that certain members were uncomfortable with my attire. I asked if it was the attire, or if it was that I'm wearing the attire, what I mean is, is it the clothing that they are uncomfortable with, because I'm not the only one who wears this attire, atleast 10 other people wear it (i had names too), if it's with me specifically wearing the clothes, that's discrimination . And the reply was that it was with me wearing it because there was a bulge in my shorts.  So I replied, I'm not sorry I was born male, It's not my fault I have a "bulge" i'm not making them uncomfortable in any way, this has nothing to do with my actions, it has to do with the individuals and their disliking.  And they ended up responding "we understand, we have made it clear to the individuals you are not wearing the clothes to make them feel uncomfortable." And yea, it went no where. several more back and forth talk where the message kept being conveyed that it was somehow my fault that I'm a guy, that I have a "bulge" in my pants. So when things couldn't get controlled, the people in charge of all organizations on campus were contacted. Then we had meetings, then they saw it was a discriminatory case so they forwarded it to the office of equal affairs. there was around a 60 day investigation.

And at the end of it. i said the same thing I did throughout the discussion. I'm proud of who I am. It's not my fault people are uncomfortable with how I look. I don't make them uncomfortable. They make themselves uncomfortable. I'm not breaking any written or unwritten dresscode policies.  If people have a problem with how I look. That's their problem not me. :)

He created the school to give mutants a chance to live normal life and learn to control their powers. Yea he has done some really bad things but he's always felt bad about it since he's not so eager to sacrifice anyone for the cause like Magneto would. During World War Hulk, the Hulk came back to Earth to get revenge on the illuminati, group consisting of Professor X, Mr. Fantastic, Black Bolt, Iron Man, and Dr. Strange, for exiling the Hulk off planet even Professor X wasn't with the group when the decision was made. When the Hulk confronted Professor X if he was there what would his answer be? Professor X said he would have agreed with the rest and surrendered to the Hulk while the X-Men try to intervene.
X-Men: First Class didn't portray anyone right but it was a good movie. Professor X was cool. Magneto was a little haha. In the comics Magneto may not always be on the same side as Professor X but he had his respect for Xavier and his children except for Wolverine. Those 2 don't like each other LoL. Days of Future Past Xavier tho was a douchebag. Can't blame him. His best friend left him paralyzed and his friendzoned friend left him while he was taking the correct path and leading the way for mutants. Xavier at least is upfront to people. Magneto in the movies has always used everything to his advantage like tagging along with Xavier or Xavier and Logan until the time was right and people got hurt or died then take off like it was no big. Big time **** moves
I don't know enough about the marvel universe. I know some things here and there. But I don't know much in general. More of a DC fan (and that's still not saying much).
I wonder, who exactly does wolverine get along with that's not a female? Cyclops, they are more like bros who are always fighting in some arcs, but in others, the tension is real and there's the xmen vs xmen arcs that I read snippets about. The hulk vs wolverine stuff.

First class was a good movie, possibly even a great movie.
I'm not sure if it was really magneto's fault for Professor X being crippled. Moira shot the bullet, Magneto was just deflecting the shot. We could say, he could have deflected it better or just stopped it. But then again, she could have just not shot the bullet to begin with. At the same time, Magneto stopped rockets from hitting them, course he did go a bit overboard by sending them back and trying to destroy them. But its more of a gray area for me.

Guess we can agree, both are trying to do what they think are right. One is more of the pacifist, and one is more of a warmonger (i guess?). One chooses to try and blend in, to be part of the crowd and "fit in." The other says to be loud and proud, to not be afraid of who you are.

Try to change the things you cannot accept.

Offline N`Chync

• Sr. Poster
  • CandleGuy
    • View Profile
    • N`Chync's Myspace
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 01:21:03 AM »
Wolverine's close friends are Nightcrawler and Colossus in the Marvel Universe. And some thing people don't know is Professor X and Magneto were created based on Dr. Martin Luther King and Malcolm X. You can guess who's who.

Boo Ya!

Offline N`Chync

• Sr. Poster
  • CandleGuy
    • View Profile
    • N`Chync's Myspace
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 01:28:10 AM »
I'd side with Professor X. He does things the correct way like getting a education and becoming a strong figure in the fight for mutant rights yet still defending the normal humans even tho they aren't seen as equals. Professor X assigns teams based on presentation which is why teacher's pet Cyclops leads the normal team to represent Xavier and his school. Wolverine and the bad boys are usually sent in to take care of the dirty work which shows Professor X will fight back when his backs against the wall.

Boo Ya!

Offline N`Chync

• Sr. Poster
  • CandleGuy
    • View Profile
    • N`Chync's Myspace
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 09:25:23 PM »
Honest Trailers - X-Men: Days of Future Past: