Advertisement

Author Topic: Battery is draining  (Read 1205 times)

dust

Battery is draining
« on: August 07, 2014, 12:55:20 AM »
I updated the software my S4 the other day and now my battery is draining rapidly.

It used to last me about 8 hours, now my phone will drain within 4 hours. Yesterday, I even had it on airplane mode and the battery drained one percent in less than 5 minutes!

When I go to settings and look at my battery, it's showing that my screen is using up 75%. Is there anything I can do to reduce that? I've already got it on power saving mode and put the brightness pretty low. Help? :(

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
Re: Battery is draining
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 10:16:27 PM »
Power to your screen usually just means back lighting brightness levels unless the new update software has enhanced graphics or rendering that uses cpu and memory. Which can run in the back ground without you knowing if you don't look; especially apps you got activated. There's a lot of things to consider, it could be softwares that manage battery power that's just not running energy saver mode. Best thing to do is role it back and see if it makes any changes.

dust

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 03:37:16 PM »
Power to your screen usually just means back lighting brightness levels unless the new update software has enhanced graphics or rendering that uses cpu and memory. Which can run in the back ground without you knowing if you don't look; especially apps you got activated. There's a lot of things to consider, it could be softwares that manage battery power that's just not running energy saver mode. Best thing to do is role it back and see if it makes any changes.

No apps are running, at least they aren't showing on the battery usage. The brightness level has been dragged almost all the way to the minimum. This seems to make the battery last a bit longer, but it's not a real solution.

As for "roling it back", I don't know what that is, since I am not tech savy. :P

J-a-s-o-n

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 03:57:25 PM »
New battery perhaps. ;D

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 11:07:10 PM »
No apps are running, at least they aren't showing on the battery usage. The brightness level has been dragged almost all the way to the minimum. This seems to make the battery last a bit longer, but it's not a real solution.

As for "roling it back", I don't know what that is, since I am not tech savy. :P

Every phone has a factory reset option on the phone itself and utility software that comes along with the phone that allows you to sync with contacts, appointments, software updates, and etc. You should check with the manufacture, they should have information on how to reset/roll back your phone.

Advertisements