Advertisement

Author Topic: Night Fishing for Cats  (Read 11598 times)

V-Maxxx

Night Fishing for Cats
« on: August 08, 2014, 04:04:16 PM »
Hey guys.. Does anyone knows any spot that u could legally stay over night and fish? Im going after cats and im living in mn.. Im not asking for any honey holes but just a place where its legal to night fish and catches cats.. Thanks!

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

hua

Re: Night Fishing for Cats
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 01:02:43 AM »
People fish around here by all the dams overnight all the time (WI). Is there restrictions in MN on overnight fishing?

V-Maxxx

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 10:01:18 AM »
Yeah theres restriction here in mn.. Park closes at 10pm otherwise the cops or park ranger gonna come ask u to leave..

hua

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 03:49:23 AM »
Yeah theres restriction here in mn.. Park closes at 10pm otherwise the cops or park ranger gonna come ask u to leave..

I forgot that parks have a closing time. The night fishing here are usually by dams and not at a park.

leng-rsx

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 04:30:53 PM »
Crow river! Or try Myth Night club but you have to leave after 2 am... ;D

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 07:36:01 PM »
I fish at dams and river banks that have no closing times. MN does not restrict those places, so you can fish at night. This past weekend, I was fishing at 2 a.m. in southern MN but didn't catch anything until 4:26 a.m. Cats were biting a lot at that time. Got my limit and then started fishing for sheeps head. Lost a fishing pole because I had set it on a frog as bait and was helping my partner with his catch 3 yards away: whatever was in the water pulled the pole right into the deep. I couldn't grab it in time.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

V-Maxxx

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 12:00:12 AM »
Thanks alot guys i would really appreciate if someone could point me towards the right directions.. Myth night club is a bit too old for me.. I try stillwater on the lift-bridge with very little luck same for crow river which i found a bend which looks promising but only caught redtail sucker and bullheads..  It just gets frustrating after a few nights out not catching anything..

sifuwong

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 03:28:32 PM »
Stillwater power plant has some nice catfish. Though this year the size of fish seem to be on the smaller side. Go in the afternoon/evening and you'll do good there. One thing to note is sometimes in the evening hours there are cars that get broken into here and there. Seen some broken glass there and usually doesn't happen during the mornings/days so must be at night.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 05:54:37 PM »
Where I go is quite far. Not sure if people can endure 4 hours of driving from the Twin Cities.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 05:58:37 PM by Reporter »

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

V-Maxxx

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2014, 02:50:21 PM »
Faribault has sum too.

Honestly i think 4 hours drive for cats isnt worth it.. The most ill do is 2 hour drive for cats.. Walleyes and white bass or 12" plus crappies yeah i defenitely do a 4 hour drive no problem

All my fishing trip driving distances are 2-6 hours drive radius from the twin cities its just impossible to catch decent size fish around the metro area theres just way too many fishing pressure

V-Maxxx

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2014, 02:51:54 PM »
Where I go is quite far. Not sure if people can endure 4 hours of driving from the Twin Cities.

Honestly i think 4 hours drive for cats isnt worth it.. The most ill do is 2 hour drive for cats.. Walleyes and white bass or 12" plus crappies yeah i defenitely do a 4 hour drive no problem

All my fishing trip driving distances are 2-6 hours drive radius from the twin cities its just impossible to catch decent size fish around the metro area theres just way too many fishing pressure

V-Maxxx

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2014, 07:27:33 PM »
Its only a 2 hours drive down south. We catch catfishes left and right.

Are u talking about the MN river?

V-Maxxx

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2014, 07:33:37 PM »
U must mean the small dam that pours into the cannon resevoir between 7th St and Western?

sifuwong

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2014, 02:54:46 PM »
Huh? The place that we go... Its 2 hours. When u get there, you walk a small trail to a creek and fish there. When hmong didn't really know about it we used to get channel catfish, sheepheads, and walleye. I have not been there for almost 8 years now.

story of every of my fishing spot~ used to be good until hamongs found out about it.

V-Maxxx

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2014, 12:02:04 AM »
Yeah i know i have s super nice spot up north and back in 1998-2004 we would catch bass,walleye, and huge bruiser northerns right in our feet just playing with the lure.. Its like every cast u'll catch something big.. Now u go back up mad trash everywhere i know white people dont drink Soymilk from asain store or coconut juice in a can from asian store?  Fish just dont bite like back in the old days anymore up there..

Advertisements