Advertisement

Author Topic: My sad love story  (Read 3111 times)

Offline thehotone

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
My sad love story
« on: August 19, 2014, 12:16:54 PM »
I accepted a proposal by an old love back then. We were suppose to get marry but my parents didn’t like him so I had to cut ties with him in the meanest possible way so he can let go. I loved him then and I still love him now and am very regretful for what happened but at that time I had no choice.  After a decade and some, last weekend, at a wedding, we meet again. I did not notice him as I was keeping an eye on my children when I brushed shoulder with someone in the too-crowded hall. Instantly, someone grabbed my wrist and I looked up to see that it was my old love! It was like in those movies where the world were turning around us but we were in a standstill moment. His hand were still on my wrist when my stare broke and I mutter “Oh”.  He stared at me for a few seconds more before he let go of my wrist and ask me how I have been.  I couldn’t answer him before one of my child comes running back to me and I stupidly told him it was nice to see him again. I caught him looking over at me but would look away as I was still in shock and really didn’t know what to say.

I kept tabs on him throughout the years but lost him a few years ago but that night, he was in my state, across the country from where we use to live. Turns out the Bride is a cousin of his thru his mother. (small world)  He is still single and has moved on to having a successful life. I received a private call on Sunday but did not get to the phone in time and Private never called back. I am feeling bad bc all the things I wanted to say him, I couldn’t say it. All the things I wanted to give him, I couldn’t. I couldn’t even formally apologize for hurting him. I left our relationship as-is bc I fear and loved my parents more back then. He never ask for his ring back  and I still wear it occasionally.  I don’t know when I will be able to see him again but I have a feeling that I may do something I should’ve done a long time ago.

This is my sad love story.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

minorcharacter

Re: My sad love story
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 12:24:33 PM »
 :'(

This reminds me of my tragic love story as well.  Once true love was placed in front of me, however I did not cherish her.  After I lost her, I began regretting it.  This is the most painful thing in the world.  If the heavens could give me another chance, I would say to her three words.  "I love you."  If there were to be a time limit on this love, I hope it would be 10,000 years.

minorcharacter

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 12:29:31 PM »
I can't relate because I've never been loved by anyone to that capacity nor have ever loved anyone to where I never forgotten him or look for him. However, this is a very sad story.

What was the reasons why your parents didn't like him?
Probably because he couldn't dance like Leekong Xiong.

minorcharacter

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 12:32:04 PM »
I don't even know how is Leekong Xiong. lol
He taught me how to seev cev and how to get all the ladies.

proudlao

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 02:15:53 PM »
It's very sad indeed. No one will know the esoteric of one's love unless they have been in such a love.

Offline thehotone

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 08:55:53 PM »
I love Leekong Xiong too but I'm wavering towards Lwm Yaj now.  :D

Minor, my sister always said that it's fate. We meet, we part and we meet again just to part again. If it was meant to be, it will be. The pain is a constant reminder that we have someone who will love us despite us not being with them.

Sweet, I don't know if I should say you were fortunate to not experience this kind of love/pain but or not. This kind of love is bittersweet.

Proudlao,  :'(

MSV

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 09:51:56 PM »
Probably because he couldn't dance like Leekong Xiong.

LOL. Minor mas...show us some moves! I'll cue the music!!

Thehotone, Lwj Yaj is a hottie and nws lub suab seev tau nkauj zoo heev.

Your love story is sad. And here I thought a few minor heartaches were bad for me.

You mentioned that you have children...are you married or with someone now? If not, I hope you two will meet again and this time it'll unfold the happiness you once let go of. Maybe he's still waiting for you. I believe in fate...I hope you do too.  :)

Offline thehotone

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 10:55:10 PM »
msv, when I made the decision to let him go. I moved on and got married to someone else but it wasn't until I exhausted all my efforts to look for him. 2yrs after I moved away, I went back to look for him but he had moved closer to his grandmother and his uncle and at that time, finding someone's footprints were much harder then they were today. Even with the popularity of FB, I could not find him still.

Offline thehotone

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 11:49:28 PM »
Some of my fondest memories of him was when he had come over while I was still sleeping and I woke up to find him kissing my forehead. My little sister was smitten by him so she was sitting next to me on the sofa with a big wide smile and he leaned over to pick her up and swung her around asking her if she thought I liked him and gave her a kiss on her forehead as well.

Heaven is playing with us. They know that my priority now is my children. My priority then was pleasing my parents. BUT yet they bring us to meet at the most uncertain times of my life. When will I be able to just grasp the opportunity that fate has given me?

I don't even know if he still feels the same for me anymore. I don't know anything about the last how many years of his life. I lost him then and now that he reappears, my heart is in all circles. I have missed him every day of my life and missed him more when my husband does not consider my feelings in all his doings. I've always wondered if he had been keeping tabs on me as well or if he knew the many heartaches I had suffered in my marriage and the many times I've struggled alone.

:'(

Offline thehotone

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 11:54:38 PM »
Do you expect anything to happen from this? Are you still looking for a closure? J/c

I do expect that our meeting this past weekend will reignite our memories of each other. At least for him bc he has always been a part of me. To me, there will never a closure in this relationship. It's a part of my life. I've turned the page but my book is not close yet.

Offline thehotone

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2014, 07:13:29 PM »
It's summer and the kids are at their grandparents enjoying what's left of the summer. I get to have a few moments of silence. I though about you. Actually, I thought about you all this week. I feel that the more I try not to think of you, the more I miss you. Will come back knowing where I am now?  Do you hate me? How can I meet you again so late? 

......when you held onto me last weekend, I can still see the look in your eyes. I broke our glances like how I broke your heart. Do you know that I have regretted my decision time after time. I beat myself time after time.... I missed you so much that I wanted to see you in my dreams. The only time you came to me in my dreams, I was searching for you and I saw you across the building from me. I tried to run across but I could not open the door. I cried and cried to all these strangers were there with me. My eyes were still blurry but I saw you stand at the door and you came to me and lift me up and told me you were ok and to not worry about you anymore and you left again. That's the only dream I had of you all these years.

I came back to look for you a few years after I left. My friend said that I've come too late. He said you left for good. He didn't know where you could've left to too. Your father left too. All I had was a state that we all believed you could be in. He asked me to let you go and move on and then he refused to talk to me about you anymore. I cried and beg him before he drop me off at the airport but he insisted that he didn't know. After 6yrs, I found him again. I asked him again and again he did not know. Howcome finding him, someone who I also lost touch with after so long wasn't so hard but trying to find you were the pain of me and now you reappear in front of me after all these years and I can't even hold onto you.........

Offline thehotone

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2014, 02:02:24 PM »
I do now but getting his #thru the grapevine would be hard. His cousins are inlaws to my inlaws.

Advertisements