General Category > Funeral Rituals & Customs

very disappointed funeral

(1/4) > >>

floaty:
we had a traditional funeral for a great grandmother. 1 of my nyab is traditional and the 2 others are christians.
if it was not for my traditional nyab, nothing would get done. no food would be cooked and no items, ingredients, supplies would be bought.
my 2 other christian nyab just dranked their lungs out till they were drunk and never lifted a finger to cook. they sat inside and slept on benches where their tight clothed bodies were exposed to all the guest and woke up to play cards with mens.
the worst part, the 2 christian nyab brought drama to the funeral and fought other ppl. all 30 yr olds plus. shame. shame. shameful. embarassing.

what i want to say is, all you christian nyab, don't be like that. you married into a shaman family, learn and respect our ways, as we do, yours. stop the embarassment.

duckwingduck:
Hmong funerals are way too demanding and are unreasonable.  They need  to be changed.

J-a-s-o-n:
Hope it'll be different a few weeks from now  ???

minorcharacter:
That's a shame.  I know a lot of Christians who are very helpful during these ceremonies.  Just because they believe in God doesn't mean they don't follow many of the old traditions.  I know it's not their job, but the least they could do is try to be helpful and respectful.  What are they, 16?

chidorix0x:

--- Quote from: duckwingduck on August 26, 2014, 05:34:07 AM ---Hmong funerals are way too demanding and are unreasonable.  They need  to be changed.

--- End quote ---

Specifically, what are the "demanding and unreasonable" things in a Hmong funeral -- especially if they are required and expected of a "nyab"?

Hmong-Christians ... UGH! (An utter waste of time, text, and energy to comment  ...   >:D)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version