Advertisement

Author Topic: a room of her own  (Read 16426 times)

SamyElisabeth

a room of her own
« on: August 29, 2014, 06:02:15 PM »
There's a part of me that still wants to carry you with me, and it's the part that longs for you when night has fallen and I'm all alone. It's the part of me that cares for you, and will always care for you. But it's also the part of me that weighs me down with sorrow and empty dreams, and it's so hard to walk alone carrying the knowledge that you don't want me.

So I pull this part of me into the light and I hope that soon, just like the warm sun on my skin, all will be absorbed, all will be recycled, and it will soon become particles within my body that only strengthen me.

In Paris, buffered in the muffled silence of Notre Dame, I stood beneath the stained glass windows on stones older than any grief I've ever known, and from the dense layers of marbled tiles and golden cornices, I sensed a weariness burdened by the weight of men's prayers. 

It was on the tip of my tongue to ask for relief for my own suffering, to ease my heart. But when I lit the candle and set it down, your name came to my lips instead. I don't know if it was a prayer or if it was just a fleeting thought that I sent to you on the Parisian winds, and I don't know if any higher being out there actually heard what I said in my heart that day, but I want to say it to you now:

My dear, I care about you and I always will. I wish you happiness and health, and all good things. I hope the darkness you endure won't last, and I give you all the strength you need to fight through the day. You are good and beautiful and strong, and I wish I could have been part of your life. Thank you for everything you ever shared with me, good and bad. Back to our beautiful lives we go, ready for the next adventure.

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

SamyElisabeth

Re: a room of her own
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 05:04:31 PM »

J-a-s-o-n

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 05:11:06 PM »
Kuv paub koj yog leej twg.  :)

Like this post: 0

SamyElisabeth

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 05:14:56 PM »
Kuv paub koj yog leej twg.  :)

I thought you already knew? Lol

J-a-s-o-n

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 05:43:35 PM »
I hought you already knew? Lol

Ice cream and candy gave you away.  Also, you always leave heart felt comments after reading my poems.  :)

SamyElisabeth

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 06:47:24 PM »
Ice cream and candy gave you away.  Also, you always leave heart felt comments after reading my poems.  :)

Well that's because your poems are always full of heart. :)
Glad you recognize me.  :D

J-a-s-o-n

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 07:00:20 PM »
Well that's because your poems are always full of heart. :)
Glad you recognize me.  :D

Thanks.  ;D.  I like to think that I remember the important details, to me that is.  I notice the chocolate scoop too.  :D

SamyElisabeth

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, 11:22:07 AM »

SamyElisabeth

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 12:08:20 PM »

pievang

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2014, 01:02:32 PM »
 :) just reading...

« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 01:52:38 PM by tRouBLe »

SamyElisabeth

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2014, 01:32:06 PM »
:) just reading...

Thank you for your thoughtful response. I understand now why your spirit is immortal and why all your friends are gods and deities.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 01:53:13 PM by tRouBLe »

pievang

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2014, 01:45:51 PM »
Thank you for your thoughtful response. I understand now why your spirit is immortal and why all your friends are gods and deities.
Keep your humor to yourself....

SamyElisabeth

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2014, 02:52:23 PM »

SamyElisabeth

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2014, 02:36:42 PM »
Last night I thought about you, and for a rare moment there was no pain, only happiness. I remembered your voice and what you once said to me. The gentleness upon your tongue. The sincerity of your tone. You asked how I know you so well, how I could see inside your soul straight to your core. To be honest I don't remember what I said in reply; all I remember is hearing the wonder and surprise in your voice. I remember you said thank you for listening, and even though all I said was you're welcome, what I really wanted to say was, I listen because you take away my loneliness.

Wherever you are, please, be happy. Be well. Be safe. You're in my thoughts and in my heart.

SamyElisabeth

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2014, 02:33:14 PM »
Every time I walk by the lake, I feel so calm inside. For some reason it makes me feel better. Like life is actually worth something.

Advertisements