Advertisement

Author Topic: Who play guitar ?  (Read 3061 times)

Fresno559

Who play guitar ?
« on: April 29, 2013, 10:08:13 AM »
Because I been playing it for 10 month and I'm just wondering. Just need some help.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Mr.Crowley

Re: Who play guitar ?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 03:42:33 PM »
My guitar is sitting in it's case collecting dust.

Nowadays, Youtube is your friend. I'd wish they had Youtube when I started playing.

Like this post: +1

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +159
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 11:12:41 PM »
My guitar is sitting in it's case collecting dust.

Nowadays, Youtube is your friend. I'd wish they had Youtube when I started playing.
Me too!..... Kids these days have so many great tools.

Chords, tabs, and advice online free! I remember having to run to the music store and paying 10 bucks for some dumb video to play Sex and Candy...

“our worlds collided and in an instant your ocean had color because of my sky.”

—r.m. drake

Fresno559

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 12:22:24 PM »
LOL.

Mr.Crowley

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 12:40:59 PM »
Today, even my little 12 year old niece can pick up a guitar, log onto YouTube and learn how to play a song. If I had those tools when I was in my early teens I'd probably my a rock star now.  :)

Tubpojntxoog

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 11:54:20 PM »
Because I been playing it for 10 month and I'm just wondering. Just need some help.

I do, for over 20 yrs. Here are some tips for you.

1. Know your equipment (guitar) well. Once you know it well, you understand how much it can do for you.
2. A guitar is divided into two halves, first half is the first 12 frets, the second is the last 11 or 12 frets depends on your guitar.
3. Do not press your fingers too hard. If you do, your fingers got tired and burned, which make you not want to practice. Apply the right pressure on the strings to make them sound clear is all you need.
4. Make sure you hold the guitar in a correct position. If not, you will loose control. Also, make sure you position your left hand correctly too, since it is moving up and down.
5. Learn the pentatonic scale. This is important. You can't play, especially lead, guitar well without knowing the scale. Practice until your mind just take your finger to the next note without knowing or looking. Once you can do that, playing a guitar is simple.
6. Learn different styles. It helps improve the style you like. If you like acoustic guitar, finger picking is important.
7. Practice, practice, and more practice. Remember, practice is not perfect. It is permanent.
8. There are some very good basic guitar tips on line, look them up and use them.
9. Be patient. You are not going to play like a pro any time soon. If you keep your heart to it, your day will come. Playing guitar is not an easy thing to do. If you don't love to play, you will give up.
10. Learn to play with other players. They can give you some tips, and its also a lot more fun rather than playing by yourself.

11. LETS ROCK. I LIKE ROCKING!!!!!

Good Luck

Like this post: +2

vangkm007

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 12:40:14 PM »

I play a bit, what's up? What do you need help with?

Fresno559

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 01:56:34 PM »
Because for me its kinda hard to sing while playing guitar and the strum the go with it?

vangkm007

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 03:48:44 PM »
Because for me its kinda hard to sing while playing guitar and the strum the go with it?

It's called practice, lol. Try this:

Practice the song till you can play it in your sleep. I put in about 20 hours at the very least into just playing a song before I start to learn the lyrics to it. When you can play the song without even thinking about it you're ready to start singing it.

Listen to the song again and pay attention to how the singing fits into the playing. When they start singing what chord are you on? What is the strumming pattern? Some strumming patterns are hard to sing to initially but once you catch how the singing and guitar fit together like a puzzle then it won't be so hard.

It takes practice, a lot of practice is all I can say. But it's a cumulative effect, the more you practice the better you get not just on that song but others in similar styles of play. Then you can learn other songs much faster than your first one.

Keep practicing is all I can say. If you want to be more than a casual player I would do more than just practice playing songs, I would focus on practicing techniques.

Fresno559

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 10:16:48 AM »
Thanks, but yeah the song Txoj hmoo by hension. I can sing it, but the tabs just don't go with it.

r3b1rth

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 11:49:11 PM »
@Tubpojntxoog Great pointers. I really like your advice since I haven't played mine much... I bored myself out of it a while ago and just haven't wanted to pick it up because I'm afraid I'll get bored again.

Fresno559

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2014, 02:03:15 PM »
LOL, wow I'm so late to reply, but yeah, now I'm actually better at guitar now. Really easy now.

minorcharacter

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2014, 02:13:21 PM »
A metronome will help you out.  Once you've got the strumming down to where it's a muscle reflex it'll be easier for you to focus on singing.

boltz85

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2014, 01:28:06 AM »
I play bass... Anybody else? Anybody jams in the nc area??? I'd like to find someone new to jam with and learn something new from.

Advertisements