Advertisement

Author Topic: Temple of Hmongism  (Read 12986 times)

Offline slude

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +86
    • View Profile
Temple of Hmongism
« on: September 18, 2014, 04:22:30 PM »
it's not a new religion, more like a modified version of the current funeral rites and rituals. very interesting... the discussion about simplifying funeral rituals has been going on for years. finally a group has enough 'believers' to do it. more power to them.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

pievang

Re: Temple of Hmongism
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 04:41:27 PM »
Do not join those families aren't themseleves and it's the work of sex magick thelema!!!!  Every Hmong secret is to be practice alone by yourself if you are like me...  They are not and soon they fall!!!  Becareful once you are possessed they will try to make you do things!!!!!   Stay away from those fellowers....   I am Va Hmong Phayeesern Vang!!!  I am the yingyang and black circle!!!

yuknowthat

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 05:11:47 PM »
Seems valid to certai extent on some area..

, but cov laus ua laub lub ntsiab always says , "txiv taw kev tsis zov tuag" tawv kev tag ces tu txiv taws kev mus tsev lawm xwb...

chidorix0x

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 09:04:37 PM »
Old news actually.

And this group has already been criticized by traditional and non-traditional Hmong practitioners, for various reasons, which I do not care to elaborate on.  "Ignorance is bliss." is all that should be dutifully noted.

One might even argue this is a "new cult" of the Hmong, mixing and matching beliefs and practices, to incept their own practice(s), for their own purpose(s).

Offline slude

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +86
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 01:06:09 PM »
i'm not going to interpret or debate whether 'shamanism/animism' or hmonganism is a religion or not.

i agree that the 'mission statement' and name "-ism" are poor choices but they don't take away the purpose, and that is to simplify/reduce the amount of work, labor, money/ & time taken to carry out a funeral service.

from afar everyone can point fingers and criticize. to appreciate hmongaism you had to experienced the tiresome nights of staying up, butchering, long funeral rites, etc., and the total expenses paid after a funeral service.

i think it has good intention and that is to help the younger hmong generation. point is, they're making changes rather than just talking about it. it's a start...

chidorix0x

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 05:04:13 PM »
i'm not going to interpret or debate whether 'shamanism/animism' or hmonganism is a religion or not.

i agree that the 'mission statement' and name "-ism" are poor choices but they don't take away the purpose, and that is to simplify/reduce the amount of work, labor, money/ & time taken to carry out a funeral service.

from afar everyone can point fingers and criticize. to appreciate hmongaism you had to experienced the tiresome nights of staying up, butchering, long funeral rites, etc., and the total expenses paid after a funeral service.

i think it has good intention and that is to help the younger hmong generation. point is, they're making changes rather than just talking about it. it's a start...

These "purposes", or "mission", have been discussed and been hotly debated and contested throughout the Hmong community nationwide for at least the last decade.  Nothing new. (I am not going to elaborate on the disparities and feuds of both sides, those FOR and Against change; that has stagnated any formal revision, editing, or Westernization of the traditional Hmong funeral rites.)

The folks behind "Temple of Hmongism" did not find, co-found, propose, or enact anything new whatsoever.  The only thing they did was pooled together a few ignorant followers and started preaching (lauding) themselves as if they are the next Hmong "messiah", or evolutionary Hmong belief/practice system.  Whatever.  Some, arguably most of these folks, do not even have a clue how to orchestrate the traditional Hmong funeral rites, so whatever "change" they are trying to instill is just typical Hmong-wanna-be nonsense.

As you mentioned, the name itself, "Temple of Hmongism", already profoundly self-incriminates their layman intellect. And that's not necessarily Hmong funeral rites either, but more so sound global religious practices (awareness).

A "temple" is a place of worship -- not for funeral rites.  Examp:  Shaolin/Buddhist temple, Mosque, Hindu temple. Only a church, arguably not a temple, holds funeral services.

The use of "ISM", aka Hmongism.  Stupid. It's all I care to say.

chidorix0x

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 10:55:11 PM »
I'm not against change. I like change. I like the idea of improving the systems we have in place.

But from the things these folks have said, they are not improvements. And they appear to lack the empathy behind the practices.

They claim they are "the Hmong religion of the future" (it says so on the website). Making themselves sound like they are revolutionary. Like chirdori said, they are preaching themselves as the next "messiah." When really they didn't do anything.

They took someone elses work. Changed a few wordings here and there. Slapped on a new label. And are now professing it as some revolutionary thing.

I only watched the first 10 minutes. Read a few posts, and as previously stated, saw their mission statement. And its the same thing, talking about money.

Yes money is a big deal to alot of families, even my own. Funerals are expensive. But when it comes time for the funeral, the focus was never about money. It was about honoring the person's life. Perhaps they see it differently, but to me, my relatives, and friends, we see the passing of someone as highly valued and meaningful. We don't turn the focus onto money.  We DON'T see it as a detrimental loss to our finances and we don't treat it as such..  To do so would be to disrespect the person, to belittle their life. It's shameful if you ask me.

So yea. maybe they don't think like me or the people I know do. Maybe they do focus on money more than the person.  And there technically isn't anything wrong to think that way. But I don't know any religion that treats the passing of someone as a detrimental loss to their finances.  It may actually be seen as disgraceful to Hmong people and to Hmong religion altogether.

======================================================================================================================================
I'm not sure if this person is the same one as the "founder" of the religion. But this is what was said from someone by the name of Yuepheng Xiong (same name as the founder) on the youtube comments (that video in the TC's post).

Someone had asked who pays for the funeral, the family or the "temple of Hmongism"
And Yuepheng's reply was.
If this is the same guy (never know, it can be someone who's against the religion, or a troll). Then my question would be for those followers of the religion. What difference did this change? You are still paying for virtually everything. The only thing the religion helps pay for is the funeral home, the priests and whatever they consider "service". That's a joke.

It's almost like saying, Hey lets have a picnic this weekend. You guys bring the food, I'll bring the rice. or Lets have a party at my house, I'll provide the place, you guys provide everything else including food and equipment.

= Hopefully someone has a more credible source than the youtube comment.

--- edit... Someone asked on the facebook the same question. and they gave the same exact answer.

The guy in the Youtube video is Yuepheng Xiong, who is also the founder (or one of the co-founders) of this new bogus religion.  (He's also the owner of the "Hmong ABC" bookstore too is what I have heard/been told.)

I never care to pay much attention to any/ALL of these Hmong-this Hmong-that ranters, but from your summary, it is crystal clear to me -- at least, as to EXACTLY what they are doing (or have minimized, revised, or changed with respect to the traditional funeral ceremony).  Basically, they HAVE NOT CHANGED anything except to USURP up "SERVICES", or specifically the "SERVICE MEN/woman".  That's NOTHING in the grand scheme of a Hmong funeral ceremony; traditional or NON-traditional. Long story short, they sound EXACTLY like (doing exactly the same as) how Hmong-Christians are handling/performing their funeral ceremonies nowadays.  (The Church and its members do all the work/labor, aka SERVICES, as a FREE/PRE-PAID service, for all/any active Church-member, but all other EXPENSES: food, funeral home rental, casket etc. are still the deceased family's SOLE RESPONSIBILITY .  That still means EXPENSES, EXPENSES, EXPENSES etc.)  And this DOES not SAVE $thousands$ of $dollars$ as it is being FALSELY commercialized .  (Okay, maybe $1000-$5000MAX (if that). But that's pocket change when it comes to a funeral.)  To my knowledge, per some of my Hmong-Christian's funerals, a typical Hmong-Christian funeral ceremony, which this new bogus religion has blueprinted, still costs between $30,000 - $50,000+ in general, and overall.  There is absolutely NO WAY this, or any new bogus religion, can cut their funeral ceremony down to $10,000 or $15,000; especially if they want to have some elements of Christianity, or traditional Hmong services and reception (vigil time) for all the grieving parties: families, relatives, friends, in-laws etc. etc...  For those who are clueless, or are LIARS like this new bogus religion, a "casket" alone is easily $5,000 - $10,000. And those caskets are at Hmong prices, Hmong made, and Hmong preferred ones too (presently) -- not any HIGH end or LOW end USA caskets whatsoever.  Again, that is just for the "casket" alone.

The more I see and read about this new bogus religion, the more it screams, "They are frauds, if not complete *D(0+$!"

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2014, 01:02:16 PM »
anonymouse,

If that is their mission then I call b.s, too. I mean, do people need to start a new religion to save on time and money?  :idiot2: It is downright laughable that anybody would join these people for those reasons alone.

And unfortunately, nowadays many Hmong churches have turned into organizations where it is required to pay a membership fee with the promise of certain services in return.  :idiot2: I stay away from those churches and I encourage any persons to follow suit.

Pay tithing to pay for rent, utilities, and church programs - YES. Pay so that you can get help during a funeral? Not.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 01:05:39 PM by Believe_N_Me »

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 07:30:36 PM »
Is this the same as that Poj Koob Yawm Ntxwv organization? They have a White male shaman joining them.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 11:43:09 AM by Reporter »

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

chidorix0x

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2015, 07:55:36 AM »
Is this the same as that Poj Koob Yawm Ntswv organization? They have a White male shaman joining them.

No! They all are different scam (loonies), so-called cultural reformers,  or crazies  ... kekeke ...  >:D ( Take your pick.)

There's a new group in the name of Siv Yis now.  Saw their Utube ad ... kekeke ...  :idiot2:

« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 07:59:47 AM by chidorix0x »

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2015, 11:43:38 AM »
So many, huh?

I'm sticking to my Catholicism.

No! They all are different scam (loonies), so-called cultural reformers,  or crazies  ... kekeke ...  >:D ( Take your pick.)

There's a new group in the name of Siv Yis now.  Saw their Utube ad ... kekeke ...  :idiot2:

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

chidorix0x

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2015, 02:59:59 AM »
Never heard of these 2 groups mentioned.. But hey, probably not worth looking at anyway. :D

I recall hearing about a religious group (cult) several years ago. It attempts to combine shamanism with a place of worship.
So basically almost all the shaman values are there, except you also go to this place (like a church) to worship a "Shaman God."

The guy kept spouting about how powerful the god is and how he'll smite nonbelievers. called him out on it and said for his god to smite me if he's so powerful.
He never responded. XD

U do no that "Siv Yis" is the Hmong "Shaman God", more or less, right?  (And this is where, or is the origin/root, of those Hmong/HA'Mung Christians/crASStians/Pastors/bastards argument, or idiotic rant that a Hmong shaman's altar, is Hmong people's way of idol/devil worshipping  ...   :idiot2:  ...  but that is off topic and completely another topic/thread in itself.)

Pesonally, I do NOT CARE whatsoever about any/all of these looney characters/cons and their delusional reinventions of the wheel; be it PKYN, Hmongism, Shaman God, Hmong/HA'Mung Christianity (CMA, C-whatever) etc. etc..  But here is where I do have some CONCERNS, in the interest and betterment/harmony of all things Hmong.  And I will just mention a few.  (Yes!  I get that everyone, Hmong and HA'Mung, believes they are entitled to Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Religion, and Freedom of Idiocy/Lunacy because we live in the USA and are gauranteed those rights by law -- via the Constituion.  Sure.  Whatever!)  Point is, the LOT of these looney characters/cons -- the overwhelming majority, or ALL, that is pretty certain -- are first and foremost, the LEAST knowledgeable and least authoritative about their delusional reinventions, and practically ALL that they know, or whatever they claim to know, is purely/mainly rooted in Western ideals, consciousness, semi or poor academics, misunderstood/misinterpreted doctrines, questionalbe training, infomercials, street smarts, home schooled, and worst offense of all is scam/con used cars' salesman convictions and/or mindsets and sole purpose -- that is to make a penny or two.  Just look at all of these characters, it is pretty obvious where their age group falls in.  That in itself says A LOT already.  Secondly, I am concern about how they are/have demonized any/all Hmong-centric practices, beliefs, customs, and cultures; peppering them with subtle, alluring, and superficial Western bows, packaging, and grandiose verbiage.  No BIG DEAL right?  WRONG!  This idiocy is criminal (highly offensive) on two very simple principles, among many.  One, it makes Hmong people overall look stupid, now living in the USA, arguably one of the most advanced nation in the world where education, intellect, development, and social/ethnicity identity/pride is next to none.  (And that is putting it kindly.)  Two, it is creating ever more ignorant, naive, gullible, reverse-discriminating narrowminded HA'Mung (PHers ...  :2funny:); those who would cluelessly bastardize their own people, culture, customs etc., thanks to all of these moronic looney buffoons/nitwit who have created, spearheaded, and possibly perpetuating all the internal/external dissension in the Hmong-verse.  This is one of the major reasons why Hmong as a whole have such hate laced with separatist groups, cults, internal fighting, and community, social, and political turmoil.  (I will end on this note.)

atthetop

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2015, 10:15:37 AM »
Hmongism should be renamed yuephengism  :idiot2: :idiot2:

It's so stupid. Why reduce rituals when you can just not follow it? What significant does a Hmong religion have left if we take start taking parts of it out? And he claims Hmong religion isn't shamanism  :idiot2: :idiot2:

Stybic_Kemaka

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2015, 11:36:36 PM »
Hmong very intelligent group of people can do anything over night

Advertisements