Advertisement

Author Topic: Automotive Off Topic  (Read 5930 times)

Sifu

Automotive Off Topic
« on: October 15, 2014, 01:18:30 PM »
Anything off topic or posts that need to be split will be moved into this section.  After a 100 limit post has been hit the Mods will delete this page and we will start over. 

Arguments, debates, boasting is encouraged but any name calling or offensive remarks will not be tolerated.  If a member continues posting in the original thread then their posts will be deleted.  The only warning given will be by the mods stating that the off topic thread can be discussed here. 

Thank you.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 01:36:55 PM by Sifu »

Like this post: +2

Adverstisement

Sifu

Re: Automotive Off Topic
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 02:51:13 PM »

Awe...you runing my fun when you get serious with that subtle tone. BTW I'm not stuipd. My head runs on logic. Car for Car a miata will never beat a GTR at a track even if the GTR driver is a novice and the miata driver is a pro. Once the novice GTR driver confienance increases the pro driver in the miata is done. Plain and simple. However most people use the car to compensate for the lack of driving abilty. I'm sure you know that too well sincey you supposely instruct at a lot of tracks with high HP cars. And by no means I'm no god gifted driver in the hmong racing scene. But hey at least I don't slap a team sticker on my car and brag how I can beat cars with lesser HP at the track. I'm just bench race-bating on PH against the inital D theory these people hold on so dearly like how Takumi never buys tires for his AE86. Oh and you can't drive or sit my miata, it was sold many moons ago.
From
http://www.pebhmong.com/forum/index.php/topic,362551.15.html

Like this post: +1

Sifu

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 11:25:39 AM »
There's something about a lightweight, nimble and near telepathic feel of a proper sports car.  It can be difficult to explain unless you have fully thrashed one.  The way you can feel the surface of the road through the steering wheel.  How transitions feel from your arse and how confident you feel in the machine.  How the machine keeps pushing the driver more and more. 
Don't get me wrong I would love to own a GTR but
1) I can't afford to play with it (owning AND being able to play are different things)
2) I really can't afford it
3) There are too many nannies for my taste
4) I would not do justice to a GTR
The machine is a beast and packs hardware capable of beating a good portion of most supercars on the road and cheaper than most.  I can really appreciate that but I just love analog machines.  There's just an allure to them for me. 

The GTR will be faster than anything currently in my garage (working, broken, future, etc) and no matter what someone else is running I can always appreciate them for being car guys/gals as well.  I don't expect people to wonder why I love the cars that I love and I'm not going to push an agenda for an owner of any machine but I don't mind a little debate.  It's good to see how some owners mind ticks from time to time.  Gives me an idea of how their characteristic s are.

Like this post: 0

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 04:18:23 PM »
There's something about a lightweight, nimble and near telepathic feel of a proper sports car.  It can be difficult to explain unless you have fully thrashed one.  The way you can feel the surface of the road through the steering wheel.  How transitions feel from your arse and how confident you feel in the machine.  How the machine keeps pushing the driver more and more.
Don't get me wrong I would love to own a GTR but
1) I can't afford to play with it (owning AND being able to play are different things)
2) I really can't afford it
3) There are too many nannies for my taste
4) I would not do justice to a GTR
The machine is a beast and packs hardware capable of beating a good portion of most supercars on the road and cheaper than most.  I can really appreciate that but I just love analog machines.  There's just an allure to them for me. 

The GTR will be faster than anything currently in my garage (working, broken, future, etc) and no matter what someone else is running I can always appreciate them for being car guys/gals as well.  I don't expect people to wonder why I love the cars that I love and I'm not going to push an agenda for an owner of any machine but I don't mind a little debate.  It's good to see how some owners mind ticks from time to time.  Gives me an idea of how their characteristic s are.

I dont know how light a GTR is, I'm assuming it's pretty heavy... but everything in bold can be said about my teggie...

It goes where I point it... I know how far I can lock the wheel before the tail comes out on it.. stops how far, how close I want it too, how harder, or softer.. all controlled by my foot..

It sounds generic... but I really feel connected to road... you will literally feel every nook and crannie and pebble in the roads... today... the road was wet from last night's rain...I know it sounds crazy but I could feel the amount of wetness on the road.. I know when the car's going to lose traction on a turn.. you literally feel connected to the car, you and the car is one..  that's how it is with the teggie.. 

all these new cars.... can you even feel any of those things?  The cars basically drives itself nowadays... Tuning has been thrown out the door and everything is average with computer controlling all the suspension stuff... 

I know some instances it can't be helped due to the amount of hp today's cars are pushing out... but oh wells..

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Envy2

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 04:56:10 PM »
 :2funny: I troll so hard I get my own topic directed at my trolling. Anyway it used to be fun but now I'm getting bored of trolling here on PH. It's like that new car smell that no longer smell new after your kids and your dogs poop in it. That and maybe because I'm tired of hearing about thePoster always talking about his Honda or how many Honda cars he is going to buy or how he always wanted a ITR.     

Like this post: +1

Sifu

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 11:15:56 PM »
Proof that you haven't been here long enough. 
He's been doing that since 1999.

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2015, 10:03:07 PM »
GTR is nice, but for the money I would have something else in mind. Not every car has to be a track car.  My ideal car is track and weekend cruiser for the fun factor.  Personally I don't like slow cars, they're boring.  I'm thinking of every way to make my Lexus and S2000 faster. haha... Maybe just trading them in for two faster cars. I'll be out of the 4 cylinder game on my next purchase.  O0

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

Advertisements