Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Version - "Fly me to Polaris"  (Read 35244 times)

Petal_Rose

Re: Hmong Version - "Fly me to Polaris"
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2014, 12:39:14 PM »
That Hmong song with the flute reminds me of the peacock princess song.

share the video. I love music with flute in it. Not Ciaj Siaj music okay. lolz

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Kenshin

« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2014, 12:45:31 PM »
LOL, you're funny. I shall be named MAIV LAUJ!  :2funny:

You're funny!  I guess you must have liked that title "niamyau" since a very young age.  Huh? :D ;D

Kenshin

« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2014, 12:48:04 PM »
Um.. hello? That's the thai dubbed movie I was just talking about that your favorite Mai Moua song in there. Do you remembered the part where she was getting married and he came to pay his respect.  ;D

It has been a long time since I last watched that movie.  Now that you mentioned it, I remember that song was played briefly there.  The one song that still sticks to my mind during that heartbreaking wedding was Lis Pheej's song "Tseem Hlub".  I fell in love with this song when I was watching the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnvNUgVJ17k

Petal_Rose

« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2014, 12:55:36 PM »
You're funny!  I guess you must have liked that title "niamyau" since a very young age.  Huh? :D ;D

I can't deny that I don't sometimes fantasize about being a niamyau.  ::) ;D Can you imagine all the attention and love? keke

It has been a long time since I last watched that movie.  Now that you mentioned it, I remember that song was played briefly there.  The one song that still sticks to my mind during that heartbreaking wedding was Lis Pheej's song "Tseem Hlub".  I fell in love with this song when I was watching the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnvNUgVJ17k

Are you like dinosaur old or what? LOL J/k That is one very classic song.

minorcharacter

« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2014, 12:57:17 PM »
share the video. I love music with flute in it. Not Ciaj Siaj music okay. lolz
There's a Hmong version of this out there somewhere.  I heard it once but I don't know what it's called.

Kenshin, I think you might appreciate this.

Petal_Rose

« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2014, 12:59:53 PM »
Minorcharacter, that is such a beautiful song. Very smooth and tranquil. Thanks for sharing. O0

Kenshin

« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2014, 01:00:58 PM »
I can't deny that I don't sometimes fantasize about being a niamyau.  ::) ;D Can you imagine all the attention and love? keke
Are you like dinosaur old or what? LOL J/k That is one very classic song.

No, I cannot imagine the love and attention that a niamyau can get.  Crazy if you ask me.  I often wonder if most niamyau wear that label of stealing another man's husband and sharing him behind their back.  Because most niamloj always have that chip on their shoulders. ;D ;D

I am older than the dinosaur.  I was born in the land before time. O0 O0

Petal_Rose

« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2014, 01:02:41 PM »
No, I cannot imagine the love and attention that a niamyau can get.  Crazy if you ask me.  I often wonder if most niamyau wear that label of stealing another man's husband and sharing him behind their back.  Because most niamloj always have that chip on their shoulders. ;D ;D

I am older than the dinosaur.  I was born in the land before time. O0 O0

More importantly, it's the shame of knowing that you married someone else husband.  :P Land before time, hey, that's my all time favorite movie!

Kenshin

« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2014, 01:02:52 PM »
There's a Hmong version of this out there somewhere.  I heard it once but I don't know what it's called.

Kenshin, I think you might appreciate this.

Both are very nice and serene music.  Love 'em both! O0 O0

Kenshin

« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2014, 01:05:06 PM »
More importantly, it's the shame of knowing that you married someone else husband.  :P Land before time, hey, that's my all time favorite movie!

Oh gosh... don't remind me of Little Foot and the gang.  My nephews and nieces' favorite series.  :D

Petal_Rose

« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2014, 01:07:52 PM »
Oh gosh... don't remind me of Little Foot and the gang.  My nephews and nieces' favorite series.  :D

My favorite character in that movie is Petree? Yep, Yep! LOL Did you know that the voice for that character is that little girl from the "Crobsy" show? How cute!

Kenshin

« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2014, 11:44:52 AM »
My favorite character in that movie is Petree? Yep, Yep! LOL Did you know that the voice for that character is that little girl from the "Crobsy" show? How cute!

Nope, I didn't know that.  Besides, I never watched "The Cosby Show" either.  Just not really into Black comedy.  Sorry, I don't mean to sound like a racist.  Petrie was a wild and wacky character.  I thought Little Foot was the best of the bunch.  I also like Chomper, too. :)

Kenshin

« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2014, 11:46:29 AM »
Kenshin, I really love this song. I know it's an OG song but I love the way the flute is being played. It's very kho siab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjZ08kwjYxQ

Maiv See. You should know.. maici and mailo. LOL How could you forget.  ;D

Never heard this song before.  But, yes, the flute is convincingly haunting. O0

Petal_Rose

« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2014, 12:14:30 PM »
Never heard this song before.  But, yes, the flute is convincingly haunting. O0

And here I thought you were an OG.  ;D

Kenshin

« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2014, 12:44:26 PM »
And here I thought you were an OG.  ;D

Of course, I consider myself an OG these days.  No man can listen to all the Hmong songs in the world.  Because we live our lives in different geographical areas, we have been exposed to different Hmong artists.  So it's good to share the goodies. O0

Advertisements