Advertisement

Author Topic: any "good" hmong culturally centric in the house, especially at funeral  (Read 4573 times)

Offline AppleBrook

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
as a xyom cuab,  i know the "very" basic to thank those who pab nyiaj tsav ntuj.  however, i really like to learn the very complex "thank you" verse.  the elders say "hais lus pab".  please share your version.  i really like to know and hear.  thanks in advance...

Like this post: 0
If you are content to let me shine
NEVER walk one step behind...

Adverstisement

MovKuam

Re: any "good" hmong culturally centric in the house, especially at funeral
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 01:31:54 PM »
Thank you for your sunshine, we die you come you we come  >:D

yuknowthat

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 05:45:47 PM »
Ua chow... :'(

Tau lawm txhob nruav txog.. ;)

chidorix0x

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 07:46:34 PM »
as a xyom cuab,  i know the "very" basic to thank those who pab nyiaj tsav ntuj.  however, i really like to learn the very complex "thank you" verse.  the elders say "hais lus pab".  please share your version.  i really like to know and hear.  thanks in advance...

WTH is "hais lub pab"?

I am probably one of the most (very few) Hmong/Mong cultured (anything) PHer, yet I have never heard of "hais lus pab"?  If you would elaborate a bit more, I might know (have a clue as) what you are talking about, as to my knowledge, there is no such thing -- at least in those terms/words.

In terms of Xyom Cuab, thanking those who "pab nyiaj tsav ntuj", what is your "very basic" way?  If it is Hmong-glish, or English, then yes, you need to learn the correct Hmong version -- even the very basic one.  Once you have learned the Hmong version, there is no other "very complex" version.  The only complexity may be the inclusion of some Hmong vocabulary, of which, you may not know is all.  Bottom line, basic or complex, it is the same thing (concept/principle) -- give or take a few or a lot of vocabulary words.  (Guessing here, maybe you may be referring to the different ways people respond when you thank them.  Those can be done/said in any number of way, simply by tagging onto the core words is all.  That's typical what OGs do.)

Advertisements