Advertisement

Author Topic: Chinese Language vs. Hmong Language....  (Read 36315 times)

bulbasaur

Re: Chinese Language vs. Hmong Language....
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2016, 12:56:54 AM »
Just answer the question..

1. What do the locals in Taiwan call the standard language that is spoken and written everywhere (TV, restaurants, schools, etc)?   Chinese, Taiwanese, or "Taiwanese Mandarin." 

This has nothing to do with opinions.  This is about facts. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2016, 01:01:48 AM »
And I can see that you are failing in arguments that you are resorting to personal attack. 

So, if you want to let the locals claim their label, how is my former friend less accurate than you?

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

bulbasaur

« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2016, 01:02:22 AM »
*yawns*

Where is this personal attack that you keep complaining about? Who called you ugly?  Who called you stupid?  The only thing people here have said is that you don't understand and that you have your information wrong. 

You misunderstood what some other people have just written on here.  Why do you think you fully understand something that was said to in a casual conversation 20 years ago? 

But you know what, all of this can be settled if you just answer this question...

1. What do the locals in Taiwan call the standard language that is spoken and written everywhere (TV, restaurants, schools, etc)?   Chinese, Taiwanese, or "Taiwanese Mandarin." 

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2016, 01:05:55 AM »
Just answer the question..

It's kinda sad that you are making these assumptions on a conversation you had with one person 20 years ago.  You seem like an old guy now.  Maybe your memory isn't as sharp as it once was.  Just Google this information.

"...

bulbasaur

« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2016, 01:13:52 AM »
It is sad that you are making these assumptions on a conversation you had with one person 20 years ago.  How else would you describe it?  If not sad, maybe you prefer "It is not supported by the facts that you are making these assumptions... ."  Maybe you prefer, "It is incomplete that you are making these assumptions..."  I feel bad for you, that is why I said "sad." 

Are you not an old guy now?  20 years is a long time ago.  Maybe 40 is the new 20 for you. 

And it is very possible that your memory isn't as sharp as it once was.  Look at the evidence in this thread.  You don't remember what everyone just said.  And moreover, you can't even remember to answer one question...

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2016, 01:15:20 AM »
And I can see that you are failing in arguments that you are resorting to personal attack. 

So, if you want to let the locals claim their label, how is my former friend less accurate than you?

"...

bulbasaur

« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2016, 01:18:11 AM »

bulbasaur

« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2016, 01:20:29 AM »
No one called you stupid.  No one called you dumb.  No one called you ugly.  It's all in your head.  The only thing people have said is that you got your information wrong and you don't remember stuff.  For example, you don't remember that a question has been asked to you. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2016, 01:21:32 AM »
Well, I guess I shouldn't say "no one."  Someone on here might have called you stupid, but it wasn't me.   :2funny:

dust

« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2016, 07:05:22 AM »
But we Hmong originated from China, too, but our language isn't Chinese.

It must be Taiwanese Mandarin they speak on the island then.

Please refer back to my previous posts as I already covered the (minor) differences between the Mandarin spoken on mainland and the Mandarin spoken in Taiwan. Thanks.

Mainlanders and Taiwanese people have no difficulty speaking to or understanding one another. Also, in reference to the English language, no one ever really states they speak "American English" or "British English." They just say they speak English.

...  kekeke  ...   :2funny:

DaTz ha'bEE-UH-rings DUH-uh-Ha'Mung ha'lewd-UH-duh-anguage that you among all your UH-huh-DUH-ha'MungER-tarDz ha'primitive ha'clueless ha'ignorant ha'rant ha'incessantly no matter how you, or any other Ha'Mung, wants to ha'deny-UH-rings it ha'turdZzz  ...  KEKEKE  ...   >:D

Agreed, most/ALL u uh-DUH-Ha'Mung profess to be Ha'-UH-ChEEze-Needs/Ha'-UH-Mung-Needs/Ha'-UH-AnD-glEEsh Ha'UH-Eh-puR-tURdZzz  ...  KEKEKE  ...    ::)  (Barring Chinese, for now?  Seriously doubt any/ALL u uh-DUH-Ha'Mung has any expertise in Hmong/English except for ha'EH-pOOh-tee ha'mediocrity if we were to muab teev luj ib tog zuj zus tuaj  ...  kekeke  ...   8))

For an UH-duh-Ha'Mung ha'primitive ha'clueless ha'idiot Ha'Mung ha'ranting ha'nonsense ha'incessently who ha'WOOkie-ha-pEE-idiot to ha'jibberish ha'elementary ha'infomercial, one need not travel to the motherland of ha'THIS or ha'THAT because aSSh duh-UH-Ha'Mung claimed itself, one can easily research it online.  Just ha'AVOID ha'WOOkie-ha-pEE-idiot which duh-UH-Ha'Ming ha'cited as the holy grail  ...  kekeke  ...   :idiot2:

I notice that you constantly speak jibberish when you can't find anything else to say. It's ok. No one likes to admit they are wrong. :)

Unlike you, I have been to all three countries and only referenced wikipedia to prove my point. After all, why must one provide proof for things that can be considered general knowledge?

Study hard so that you can learn to differentiate between Mandarin and Cantonese.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 07:10:56 AM by wanderlust »

Offline dlabtsi_os

• Jr. Poster
  • AMAZZZZZZON!
  • Respect: +42
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2016, 02:18:34 PM »
I spoke Hmong to a Chinese girl and she couldn't understand a word I said.

Bro just use Hmong borrowed phrase: Aiyah, Hoyoh, or Maj Mam old bumpkins Hmong still use these phrase, like my parents.  O0

Ni hao isn't Nob/Nyob zoo. These two phrases can be written in Chinese character but are influence by the Western World of Hello! And I highly doubt Chinese care if Foreigners says or not.

Ni hao = 你好
Nob/Nyob zoo = 内榮 = rough English translation is live look or look alive or I'm here

Don't mixed the zoo in zoo sab/siab with nob/nyob zoo. The zoo in zoo sab/siab is 荣.

荣 = glory, praised, honor
榮 = look, look like, formed

Hope this help. O0

« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 11:08:09 AM by dlabtsi_os »

Test your might!

Advertisements