Advertisement

Author Topic: How can you tell a new accident from an old one?  (Read 2295 times)

NkaujNom

How can you tell a new accident from an old one?
« on: December 17, 2014, 09:37:37 PM »
Someone files an accident report with their insurance company for a hit and run case. Their car was involved in an accident and the bumper is obviously dented/ or caved in. How can you tell if it's recent and not a year or two ago?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Re: How can you tell a new accident from an old one?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 09:49:18 PM »
Just don't buy it, you're better off.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Sifu

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 11:05:43 PM »
You can spot repairs or evidence if certain areas look like they have been worked on.  Weld spots, weld  coating, tapping areas for bondo, looking for shattered glass in tight spaces, etc.  But it's difficult to figure out the work if it's been in another accident unless you can peel everything back and take a closer inspection.  You would want someone with experience to go through the automobile and check for obvious signs. 

If they are trying to sell you a car that is damaged then you decide if you want to buy it or not.  Get someone with experience and a cost breakdown and someone who can negotiate to get it fixed.  There's the aspect of getting a cheaper/ damaged car but many times it's just not worth the hassle. 

Hitokiri

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 01:55:49 PM »
Some mechanics well leave the original tags on the new pieces just to show the owner and insurance people that the work has been done. So look for new sticker or tags on certain suspension pieces or parts. Also some mechanics also mark the parts with a put on date - also look for that as well.

What I also like to do is take a step back from the car and see how the light hits the car. Often times new paint jobs well look newer or even different from the old paint jobs depending on the condition of the car. I remember one time my friend bought it car and it was obvious to us that the front part of the was repainted just from how it looked from the naked eye.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 01:57:52 PM by Hitokiri »

NkaujNom

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 03:38:39 PM »
Thank you for all the replies! This wasn't for a purchase, more so in reference to fraudulent insurance claims.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 05:51:27 PM »
Thank you for all the replies! This wasn't for a purchase, more so in reference to fraudulent insurance claims.

Are you a Claim Adjuster my dear?  ???

NkaujNom

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 06:19:13 PM »
Are you a Claim Adjuster my dear?  ???

Part-time. Do you need an inspection? ;D

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 06:50:19 PM »
Part-time. Do you need an inspection? ;D

You can inspect me anytime my Queen  O0. I'm little surprised your company doesn't have an Inspection Technician to do those things? Smaller insurance company?

Sifu

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2015, 06:51:50 PM »
LOL!  We dun' got some people in trouble. :police:

NkaujNom

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2015, 09:47:25 PM »
You can inspect me anytime my Queen  O0. I'm little surprised your company doesn't have an Inspection Technician to do those things? Smaller insurance company?

Smaller insurance co.

Advertisements