Advertisement

Author Topic: We talk stock market here.......  (Read 162949 times)

LaibLaus

Re: Investment in oil stocks....
« Reply #210 on: April 01, 2015, 03:06:57 PM »
how do you short stocks?  please explain.  do you need a special account?

Basically, your broker loans you how ever many stocks you want up to your worth in the account at the current price. Ex: stock A 1000 shares @ 10(total $10,000 deposited into your account) Stock A price goes down to 5, you buy 1000 shares @ 5 for $5000 and return it to your broker and you would made $5000 minus the interest. If stock A goes up pass 10, you're screwed lol.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

FetishDream

« Reply #211 on: April 01, 2015, 03:44:49 PM »
how do you short stocks?  please explain.  do you need a special account?

Yeah, if you have an online account, you have to request for a margin account. 

I think that shorting is more easier because losing in the stock market is second nature to us.  I have been watching these top movers of the day where it gets pumped up so high with just speculation and not really any results and the next day, it gave some or all back.  Shorting it will put money in your pocket when it falls.  Also, watch the daily high for a day on any stocks.  Ever notice that it never closes at the high for most?  Well that's is where you attack.  If you have a way to short it at high, you will be making money 90% of the time given the 10% for error rate. 

My buddy be shorting it, get out and by next day, he does it again with a different stock since everyday, a new mover of the day gets pumped up.  I also made a mistake when I started out by buying when I see a rise.  It is going high so buy right?  Who would buy when it is tanking right?  Well that's how we lose.  We go in on the rise and it is a rise too many unless you are going for long then a tank is nothing but a holding tank till she rises again.

Here is a classic case .  Check out a stock that I talked about in a previous thread.  NYMX  biotech stock.  I bought her and was going long but she kept on doing down and down due to her phase 2 trial nothing getting the clear.  I took a loss and got out to free up my capital and rode something else.  Look at her last 2 days movement.  She doubled in two days due to the news that she is going for phase 3 and I'm dying over here.  My projection for going long was correct but because i needed to free up my capitals to take a shot at something else, I lost out on a good one. 

Short nymx tomorrow too by the way.   :2funny:
Phase 3 is all projection and it is not proven yet.  This company has no revenues and nothing to sell.  The stock is moving through speculation and day traders getting in on the action and the shorts are tailing her not too far behind.  Phase 3 results will come out in Q2 or Q3.  If she tank again, the shorts will win. 

To make money, we have to learn how ride her going up and short it when we are about to sell it just to double dip her.  When she is at low again, buy to ride up again.  Any stocks that is a big rollarcoaster like this will make you rich.  Sitting and waiting and hoping can also make you money if you are right but you will not be capitalizing our highest potential.  Just like buying an Iphone 10 and using it for calls only.  If one must play, play it big and loud.  Go big or go home.   O0

FetishDream

« Reply #212 on: April 01, 2015, 03:47:05 PM »
He must have been shorting oils from last year lol; there is money to be made in both the bull and bear market but I rather stick with the bull for now. It's easier and less hectic and you can just buy it and let it sit for a positive return wether a few hrs, days, months or years down the road. One thing I'm looking at is option trading; sounds very interesting and will be doing this soon.

option is like playing the lottery but there is strategy in that game as well.  With these, inside research is key. 

Offline darkhelmet

• Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 01, 2015, 09:33:22 PM »
Shorting stocks sound like our game!  When you see a stock being pumped is when you short cause these stocks Always come down, always!  If shorting, how long can you hold?

Really want to learn shorting so I can play both sides.  Any broker you recommend for this?

I made you read this.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 02, 2015, 06:29:46 AM »
you can short with your broker
you just need to open a short account.
some of them require you to have fund avaibale so you can paid them if ur wrong
and some broker have a limit time frame till you have to paid up
sometime your broker dont let you short a certain stock.
I knowa fe people who couldn't short LL when it came crashing a couples of week ago

short like it say is short term
them trolls be flooding the news and media to get stock to go down all the time
with these fake article and video clip. that's why ur stock never goes green

me personally. no need to be shorting
just buy low and sell high.
works everytime

God did not created man...man created god

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 02, 2015, 09:11:42 AM »
i think that Iran deal is going happen
I already cash out 70% of my oil stock
that has been rallying these last 2 weeks
i will catch the dip next week when low goes back down

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 02, 2015, 09:25:33 AM »
The last few weeks the market has been dipping... Ouch, bleeding money right now.

yeah, my other 30% are bleeding badly. its long so my hand ain't sweating.
again. it's only realize loss or gain. until you click that mouse
don't sweat it bro it will be back up.

well see what happen with that Iran deal
i think it's going happen,
and than oil will dip some more. and ill catch and ride back up

what I've been doing that has been sucessful with me for oil is
not to hold them over night. day trading
if yesterday was bad for oil. I watch today to see if they will rally. if they do I get in
get my dime and nickle and get out with $40-100 profit
its not a lot. I've been a averaging $400-500 per week.
catch the dip and ride them for 5-10 cent and get out
$35-40 per trademay not sjnd a lot but it adds up really fast

« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 09:45:18 AM by hmgROCK »

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 02, 2015, 11:35:16 AM »
Yeah, if you have an online account, you have to request for a margin account. 

I think that shorting is more easier because losing in the stock market is second nature to us.  I have been watching these top movers of the day where it gets pumped up so high with just speculation and not really any results and the next day, it gave some or all back.  Shorting it will put money in your pocket when it falls.  Also, watch the daily high for a day on any stocks.  Ever notice that it never closes at the high for most?  Well that's is where you attack.  If you have a way to short it at high, you will be making money 90% of the time given the 10% for error rate. 

My buddy be shorting it, get out and by next day, he does it again with a different stock since everyday, a new mover of the day gets pumped up.  I also made a mistake when I started out by buying when I see a rise.  It is going high so buy right?  Who would buy when it is tanking right?  Well that's how we lose.  We go in on the rise and it is a rise too many unless you are going for long then a tank is nothing but a holding tank till she rises again.

Here is a classic case .  Check out a stock that I talked about in a previous thread.  NYMX  biotech stock.  I bought her and was going long but she kept on doing down and down due to her phase 2 trial nothing getting the clear.  I took a loss and got out to free up my capital and rode something else.  Look at her last 2 days movement.  She doubled in two days due to the news that she is going for phase 3 and I'm dying over here.  My projection for going long was correct but because i needed to free up my capitals to take a shot at something else, I lost out on a good one. 

Short nymx tomorrow too by the way.   :2funny:
Phase 3 is all projection and it is not proven yet.  This company has no revenues and nothing to sell.  The stock is moving through speculation and day traders getting in on the action and the shorts are tailing her not too far behind.  Phase 3 results will come out in Q2 or Q3.  If she tank again, the shorts will win. 

To make money, we have to learn how ride her going up and short it when we are about to sell it just to double dip her.  When she is at low again, buy to ride up again.  Any stocks that is a big rollarcoaster like this will make you rich.  Sitting and waiting and hoping can also make you money if you are right but you will not be capitalizing our highest potential.  Just like buying an Iphone 10 and using it for calls only.  If one must play, play it big and loud.  Go big or go home.   O0

lol man I hope you have an exit plan for short NYMX
she' climbing pretty good today
don't forget, them short also comes with an interest rate

don't get in the hype of the short. they are like chicken running around with their head cut off spaming forum, giving false information
do anything to bring the stock down

i think you better off catching the rocket to the moon with the pumper

i caught your NADL at $1.16 yesterday. decided to ride her over night. got off at $1.23. made a nice quick $50

LOL GET YOUR DIME AND NICKLE. THAN GET OUT 

« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 11:38:31 AM by hmgROCK »

LaibLaus

« Reply #218 on: April 02, 2015, 02:53:25 PM »
The last few weeks the market has been dipping... Ouch, bleeding money right now.

I'm out 24k in one, 8k in another, and up 5.5k in one; that's a brand new car that I could have cashed out but all I could do is be patient lol. 8 mins left to trade until Monday.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 02, 2015, 04:40:54 PM »
I did pretty good this two week. took a nice position at EXXI and PBR
both them yield me $1400 combine.
could have gotten more with PBR today but I pull out too earlier.
due to the iran deal

I will look be looking for an entry into CRK.

FetishDream

« Reply #220 on: April 03, 2015, 08:54:03 AM »
nymx is like an ex gf of mine.  I just hate her and with stocks, you can't use your emotion or die.   Her going up like this, I kind of like her more.  She can not go up forever.  I will short her when it gets closer to the announce date of her phase 3 trial due.

Won by shorting
sanwz .14 .10
sieb 2.00 1.90
gbsn 4.25 4.17

loss on vltc 2.56 2.63

Will short the next one up for bid if everything fits the bill starting with MEILW on Monday.   I'm also adding these hot streaker bamm and aveo to my portfolio.  I just hope they continue to ride or I will have to short them before I sell them all.  I'll ride them both ways.

Happy Good Friday and stocks are not trading today.  See you Monday. 

FetishDream

« Reply #221 on: April 03, 2015, 09:33:53 AM »
GDDY - godaddy just went ipo for $20 on april 1st.  Go get some of it.  It is at $26.50 now. 

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 03, 2015, 12:25:58 PM »
some of my long oil stock
did pretty good despite the Iran deal
and even though oil was down

pretty strange how the market force is
I will be looking another entry into next week

LaibLaus

« Reply #223 on: April 03, 2015, 01:59:46 PM »
I did pretty good this two week. took a nice position at EXXI and PBR
both them yield me $1400 combine.
could have gotten more with PBR today but I pull out too earlier.
due to the iran deal

I will look be looking for an entry into CRK.

Your pacd is pretty good, sold it twice yielding around 2.7k.  Should have jumped on EXXI too ; those 1k there or 2k here add up especially in a tax sheltered account.

LaibLaus

« Reply #224 on: April 03, 2015, 02:05:33 PM »
GDDY - godaddy just went ipo for $20 on april 1st.  Go get some of it.  It is at $26.50 now.

Had a bad experience with new ipo before; I always give some times and letting it stabilizes before investing.

Advertisements