Advertisement

Author Topic: We talk stock market here.......  (Read 163028 times)

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
Re: We talk stock market here.......
« Reply #540 on: June 14, 2018, 08:02:20 AM »
$GE
General Electric Company

this company been going down
but it's getting good support in the $13ish range
i think this company is going rebound
they are too good of a company
makes/do lots of stuff
good time to catch the wave back up

risk is pretty high
high debt and pension plan
so play with money you can afford to lose
it might go bankruptcy chapter 11 to reorganized it debt

« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 08:06:28 AM by hmgROCK »

Like this post: 0
God did not created man...man created god

Adverstisement

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 16, 2018, 03:25:00 PM »
lol

this company looks like it's going go under pretty soon
i won't go with it in the long run
fitness watch/tracker ain't a trend

they operating under a net loss
just a matter of time till they go bankruptcy

No disrespect to you but your analysis are always very shallow and sophmorish.  Did you read their income statement, and expenditure?  What's their R&D spend in comparison to their peers?  What's their G&A?  Yes, their they are losing money, but how much cash do they have on hand, and what is their burn rate?  All of these matter in the forward looking analysis, and that's just the beginning of the analysis.  Deeper analysis goes into where they are spending and how they will make future earning.  FitBit is a tracker today, but tomorrow they are a medtech with over 300M R&D spend annually.  For comparison, Medtronic spends 1.3B on R&D per year.  FitBit is spending a quarter of what Medtronic is spending on R&D.  You do the math, and you know where the companies are headed.  Tracker today, and tomorrow digital healthcare.  You have to be looking forward and not backward.  I will admit execution has been an issue with FitBit but that's where learning and experience comes into play.  I'm not saying there's no risk...if there wasn't risk, there wouldn't be value in buying it.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 03:28:42 PM by w1s3m0n »

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 17, 2018, 09:32:00 PM »
All this may sound good on paper,  but in reality it doesn't work like that. If investing in it, if someone can't afford to have a major change in their present life, it wouldn't be a good idea to do it. It depends on the individual. Some people prefer to be decent throughout their entire life than to be a millionaire towards the end of their life and "poor" the majority of their life.

Renaissance

« Reply #543 on: June 20, 2018, 03:44:47 PM »
GE stock?  Crazy!  I know someone who worked for GE and the majority of his retirement investments were in GE stocks.  He has lost hundreds of thousands of dollars by not diversifying.  I agree that GE is not competitive by investing enough in R & D.  The competitors have surpassed GE.  GE will be like Kmart to Walmart.

Best investment is in mutual funds and indexes.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 25, 2018, 12:31:28 PM »
No disrespect to you but your analysis are always very shallow and sophmorish.  Did you read their income statement, and expenditure?  What's their R&D spend in comparison to their peers?  What's their G&A?  Yes, their they are losing money, but how much cash do they have on hand, and what is their burn rate?  All of these matter in the forward looking analysis, and that's just the beginning of the analysis.  Deeper analysis goes into where they are spending and how they will make future earning.  FitBit is a tracker today, but tomorrow they are a medtech with over 300M R&D spend annually.  For comparison, Medtronic spends 1.3B on R&D per year.  FitBit is spending a quarter of what Medtronic is spending on R&D.  You do the math, and you know where the companies are headed.  Tracker today, and tomorrow digital healthcare.  You have to be looking forward and not backward.  I will admit execution has been an issue with FitBit but that's where learning and experience comes into play.  I'm not saying there's no risk...if there wasn't risk, there wouldn't be value in buying it.

lol

i have a finance degree
trust me.

since they are public traded company
all their finanical stuff is listed and post

to answer your question: how much cash they have?
they have $341,966,000 ish

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/FIT/balance-sheet?p=FIT

operating at a lose currently

lol

you are comparing fitbit to medtronic
that like orange and steak
they are not the same thing

« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 12:34:37 PM by hmgROCK »

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 25, 2018, 12:39:38 PM »
GE stock?  Crazy!  I know someone who worked for GE and the majority of his retirement investments were in GE stocks.  He has lost hundreds of thousands of dollars by not diversifying.  I agree that GE is not competitive by investing enough in R & D.  The competitors have surpassed GE.  GE will be like Kmart to Walmart.

yes,
as i stated above
this is a high risk/high reward

it's getting really good support at the $13 mark
this is a good chance to get in and ride this wave back up

i suggest you play with money you can afford to lose
because they could go down any minute

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 27, 2018, 08:14:31 AM »

GE stock is rising
Just as I predicted

It get a strong support at the $13 mark
Good time to ride this wave

Nothing good ever comes
When you bet against me

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 03, 2018, 07:39:30 PM »
340M is old news because yahoo data is unreliable and not always up to date.  They've used some for acquisition and to increase their R&D.  So the number is almost 300M.  For the analysis we need to adjust R&D expenditures to be in alignment to their tracker industry.  What's Garmin R&D on % revenue?  If we use Garmin % then FIT R&D spend is about 50M annual.   Now if we make the adjustment to Garmin, then you'll notice that FIT can take 250M R&D adjustment and put that into the bottom line and that makes them profitable.  Their business then should be worth 2x revenue like a standard CPG (3B market cap, and right now they are not...that's the financial analysis to show where FIT should be).  However, instead of doing accounting and finance, Park backed up everything into Digital Health so they don't become a dinosaur.  Good CEO play the long-term game.  Bad CEO play the quarter to quarter game.  My company has no visionary...I have more vision than them, but since I'm only middle management and not senior/executive management, I don't want to talk too much and be a thorn.

Why did I compare FIT to MDT?  We all know MDT is the world largest pure play medtech.  FIT may become the 1st 21st century MedTech.  MedTech in the 21st century is not about consumption and the increasing rate of disease among the population.  21st century Medtech is about personalize healthcare, and improving health outcomes.  FIT has a vision to be exactly that -- Make the world healthier.  So if you do a value chain analysis...wha t happens when a companies cut your future earnings by going up the value chain?  You become stagnant.  The value chain for MedTech are based upon these factors:
1) Sedentary work (office job)
2) Over consumption of process food (fast food/junk food/box food)
3) Sedentary lifestyle (no money to travel, workout, unsafe environment, etc...)

The combination of this effect is an emergence of an obese population.  Obesity drives cost of healthcare spending.  Obesity related disease are cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and cancer.  These are the largest medtech companies in the world.  Now, IVD companies also benefit because they help diagnose these disease.  A healthier population would significantly reduce the consumption level of all these medtech companies, and drive down the cost of healthcare.  They would make Obamacare work.  The net effect is a stagnation in old-MedTech industry.

lol

i have a finance degree
trust me.

since they are public traded company
all their finanical stuff is listed and post

to answer your question: how much cash they have?
they have $341,966,000 ish

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/FIT/balance-sheet?p=FIT

operating at a lose currently

lol

you are comparing fitbit to medtronic
that like orange and steak
they are not the same thing

« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 07:41:49 PM by w1s3m0n »

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 03, 2018, 07:42:21 PM »

It bottom...anyth ing above $12 is ka-ching.

I know someone who retired from GE too...I hope it's not the same person... :'( :'( :'(

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 20, 2018, 10:11:52 AM »
340M is old news because yahoo data is unreliable and not always up to date.  They've used some for acquisition and to increase their R&D.  So the number is almost 300M.  For the analysis we need to adjust R&D expenditures to be in alignment to their tracker industry.  What's Garmin R&D on % revenue?  If we use Garmin % then FIT R&D spend is about 50M annual.   Now if we make the adjustment to Garmin, then you'll notice that FIT can take 250M R&D adjustment and put that into the bottom line and that makes them profitable.  Their business then should be worth 2x revenue like a standard CPG (3B market cap, and right now they are not...that's the financial analysis to show where FIT should be).  However, instead of doing accounting and finance, Park backed up everything into Digital Health so they don't become a dinosaur.  Good CEO play the long-term game.  Bad CEO play the quarter to quarter game.  My company has no visionary...I have more vision than them, but since I'm only middle management and not senior/executive management, I don't want to talk too much and be a thorn.

Why did I compare FIT to MDT?  We all know MDT is the world largest pure play medtech.  FIT may become the 1st 21st century MedTech.  MedTech in the 21st century is not about consumption and the increasing rate of disease among the population.  21st century Medtech is about personalize healthcare, and improving health outcomes.  FIT has a vision to be exactly that -- Make the world healthier.  So if you do a value chain analysis...wha t happens when a companies cut your future earnings by going up the value chain?  You become stagnant.  The value chain for MedTech are based upon these factors:
1) Sedentary work (office job)
2) Over consumption of process food (fast food/junk food/box food)
3) Sedentary lifestyle (no money to travel, workout, unsafe environment, etc...)

The combination of this effect is an emergence of an obese population.  Obesity drives cost of healthcare spending.  Obesity related disease are cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and cancer.  These are the largest medtech companies in the world.  Now, IVD companies also benefit because they help diagnose these disease.  A healthier population would significantly reduce the consumption level of all these medtech companies, and drive down the cost of healthcare.  They would make Obamacare work.  The net effect is a stagnation in old-MedTech industry.

lol

how is yahoo not reliable?
they get their information from the same source

straight from the nasdaq site
since they are a public company, they have to disclosure all their finance stuff to everyone

https://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/fit/financials?query=balance-sheet

again your question how much cash, do they have?
about $340 million according to their ending 2017 year report

relax brother, ain't no one trying to scam you
there's always risk to investing
if you truly want to invest in FIT
i suggest you do $1000 or whatever you are comfortable at losing and still feel good

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: August 08, 2018, 09:02:41 AM »
You play based upon regulation for the win.

Paper or shall we say, paper straw.  Already a ban from plastic straw at Starbucks.  More franchise to follow and more money in your pocket as demands for paper straws or the machinery that runs it will boost your investment. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: August 16, 2018, 02:43:38 PM »
You play based upon regulation for the win.

Paper or shall we say, paper straw.  Already a ban from plastic straw at Starbucks.  More franchise to follow and more money in your pocket as demands for paper straws or the machinery that runs it will boost your investment.

lol

you mean these paper straw that comes in a plastic bag cover???
hahahah

Renaissance

« Reply #552 on: September 24, 2018, 02:05:23 PM »
GE stock as of today is $11.69 per share.  Someone is giving bad investment advice   ;D ;D 

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: October 02, 2018, 12:54:30 PM »
GE stock as of today is $11.69 per share.  Someone is giving bad investment advice   ;D ;D

looking for the rebound
wave back up

GE is a big american business
lots of invester
they do alot of stuff
too many to name

right now those big guy are losing big money
they not going let this stock go down
good support

as i stated above

only put money, that you can afford to lose
i have about $1,000

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: October 03, 2018, 12:01:52 AM »

Can't say I'm surprised by that remark... ;D ;D

Advertisements