Advertisement

Author Topic: Like the front end of the new Taco, the back end, not so much, maybe it'll ...  (Read 3494 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
look better in person  ???:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
I miss seeing manufactures actually put off road tires on '4x4' models like on my old Toy truck instead of these street tires ...Yeah the main reason is manufactures knows that many consumers buy 4x4 models but never take it off road so why waste money one more expensive off road tires.

Jojo

Go Taco Pro!  Toyota jacked up the price to $40+ K on that thing though.  It is rediculous in my opinion.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Go Taco Pro!  Toyota jacked up the price to $40+ K on that thing though.  It is rediculous in my opinion.

Not sure how much Toy is asking for the new one 23 years later but the sticker of my '93 Toy truck was $23k. After tax, fees and finance, it became $30K in '93 money.

It was the most expensive 'compact' truck at the time and Toy dealerships had no problem moving it especially the 4x4 models. Besides selling well, Toy Taco tend to hold their values well.

yuknowthat

Looks similar to ford f250-350 luxury truck edition.

Not really digging it as much as the older model.

Jojo

2016/3rd generation Tacos  seem like there are some external cosmetic changes from 2nd generations.  I'm sure there are bugs to be worked out, yet.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
40k?  Dang better come with all power options and leather seats...

That's alot.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Jojo

40k?  Dang better come with all power options and leather seats...

That's alot.

It ain't No luxury package.  It is an off-road ready set up.

Luther

its hard to decide.  Though it looks identical to its older sibling the Sierra, the GMC Canyon is a great looking truck as well.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 03:46:33 PM by Luther »

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
I'm interested to see what Nissan will do to the next Frontier too. For a while there, it was the Taco and Frontier in the mid-size pick 'em up segment for the U.S. market.

The new Fronteir will probably share some stuff from the new Titan:

MilesDaddy

My In-laws just bought a 2015 Prerunner with a 4 cylinder for 28K. Paid cash.... I does drive nice but as you guessed, it's a bit gutless.

FetishDream

If oil spikes by mid June of this year and I gain profits from my stock stuff, I'm getting me this one here.

MilesDaddy

I'm interested to see what Nissan will do to the next Frontier too. For a while there, it was the Taco and Frontier in the mid-size pick 'em up segment for the U.S. market.

The new Fronteir will probably share some stuff from the new Titan:

im looking foard to the diesel engine in thr Nissans

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
My In-laws just bought a 2015 Prerunner with a 4 cylinder for 28K. Paid cash.... I does drive nice but as you guessed, it's a bit gutless.

Yeah, if you're gonna go with the "Prerunner" trim, gotta go V6. It's too heavy for 159HP. I bet it's gonna struggle a bet going over that little climb on 50 east towards Shingle Springs when loaded.

MilesDaddy

Yeah, if you're gonna go with the "Prerunner" trim, gotta go V6. It's too heavy for 159HP. I bet it's gonna struggle a bet going over that little climb on 50 east towards Shingle Springs when loaded.
this truck will probably never make that trip. My MIL is the primary driver and her last Taco was a 01 V6 and when she got in her accident and insurance totaled it, it only had 103 Miles. No she is retired. I'd be surprised if it gets 40k in the next 10 years.

Advertisements