Advertisement

Author Topic: Vanos....  (Read 1048 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Vanos....
« on: January 12, 2015, 09:49:14 PM »
Only thing keeping me from picking up an e46.

I think that'll always be an issue.  Even if you get it replaced and fixed, it will still need replacing and fixing in the future.  It's just a part that appearantly just keeps breaking.

Why does BMW keep using it?  It's time for a design overhual.

I was reading up on the i-vtec, it's pretty much... well better.    I'm sure in the future if they wanted too, they could do double i-vtec on both camshafts...

Dang vano's, it's a good when it works and stay healthy...

I would just much rather prefer if they came out with and without vanos option,  I'd take the lower hp/torque with peice of mind than higher hp/torque and knowing you ahve to constantly fix/replace the vanos.

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Vanos....
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 09:49:33 PM »
Well, the vanos and the subframe tearouts.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 09:50:01 PM »
To buy an older e46, you're going to basically have to throw another 5 g's on top of that to get it running "safe".

Sifu

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 09:24:07 AM »
The problem with a large majority of the mid to higher end Euro sports luxo cruisers is that they are brilliant until your warranty wears off.  Then they cost more to maintain than buying a newer one.

Advertisements