Advertisement

Author Topic: My question is...  (Read 948 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
My question is...
« on: January 25, 2015, 07:48:34 PM »
Like I said before, they are pretty much copying the ITR's initial release marketting thing..

Certain color's only, limited production run.. etc etc..

My question is...

Will it put the regular top of the line FRS to shame?  Will it be such a huge leap in performance like the type R was from the GSR? 

If not, then all that limited production run of 1500 only built with it's body kit and extra this and that is really just a sham.

I believe the engine isn't even re-tooled. 

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: My question is...
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 08:40:34 PM »
Like I said before, they are pretty much copying the ITR's initial release marketting thing..

Certain color's only, limited production run.. etc etc..

"limited production run" of cars have been around way before the "ITR" so using your logic, the ITR also copied others...so meh.

Hitokiri

Re: My question is...
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 10:24:07 PM »
If not, then all that limited production run of 1500 only built with it's body kit and extra this and that is really just a sham.

Not if you're a Japanese automaker. Much like Honda ran their "Mugen" cars which basically had a body kit on it and not much else. A few years ago Nissan ran a Nismo version of their GT-R which was more about carbon fiber and aero bits then power. Even today I think Mitsubishi runs the Evo in multiple trims that only differentiate by areo and some other interior things like having a radio.

It's Japanese tuning. The Japanese love to tune their cars with what it has from stock with as minimal in changes as possible.

The Type-R was a unique machine but I would say the Japanese learned this more from the Americans and Europeans then itself. So don't give Acura too much credit. 

Advertisements