Advertisement

Author Topic: Toyota's i-road: a 3-wheel small car.  (Read 7359 times)

Sifu

Re: Toyota's i-road: a 3-wheel small car.
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2015, 01:11:43 PM »
Truthfully these would be placed in a parking lot for rent (as the post suggests).  You take a train and rent these to your next destination.  So no it isn't practical for you but it may be perfect for someone who lives in the cities and needs something to get around.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

minorcharacter

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2015, 02:01:34 PM »
I'm with theking on this.  "Practicality" can be changed and redefined.  It's not a coincidence that newer business models for transportation like Go2Car are slowly growing more popular.  Bigger vehicles may always be around, however I can see something like this easily replacing the norm in which most people travel.  Most people who travel by vehicle travel alone anyways, and they do so for traveling and not transporting.  I myself wouldn't mind owning one of these to drive to work and back everyday.

These vehicles are cheaper to produce, maintain, more fuel efficient, and definitely better in terms of mobility and compactness as we grow towards a more population dense society.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 02:04:02 PM by minorcharacter »

Online theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2015, 02:06:29 PM »
In bold, then you'd be leaving that icar  at home wouldn't you?  You bought that to realize you still just need a regular car, like I said, it's in practical

Yep, just like you'd be leaving your Teggie home if you have to carry a family of 8 in one vehicle as a Teggie is not practical in that situation, correct?

Actually my integra can fit alot of stuff.  You can call it tiny but guess what? It can fit 4 people, fold do the seat an you can fit a 55 inch TV which I have, the it her day I transported a table I bought...etc etc...

Try that with that icar, your gonna be calling someone over to help move a TV or you gym bag

Try moving a big fridge with your Teggie, you gonna be calling someone over to help you move too or rent or borrow a vehicle that can handle it correct?

Like I said it's cool stuff, nut inpractical, and you of all people should know considering you drive a motorcycle.   At the end of the day you still own a regular car because it's practical and that motorcycle stays parked and that car gets more seat time than your motorcycle

Like I said, "practical" is subjective. There's a time when I didn't own a car, just a moto, and it served me just fine. Even with a car and bike, I put the same amount of mileage on each. I use my car in town more because it's more practical but I use my bike more for out of town runs because it's more practical so as you can see "practical" is subjective. Many motorcycle, scooters, bicycle owners in the bay area don't even own a car as a car is not practical for them. And if a time comes where they absolutely need a bigger vehicle to help move stuff, they just rent it or pay movers to do it.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2015, 09:29:54 PM »
Yep, just like you'd be leaving your Teggie home if you have to carry a family of 8 in one vehicle as a Teggie is not practical in that situation, correct?

Try moving a big fridge with your Teggie, you gonna be calling someone over to help you move too or rent or borrow a vehicle that can handle it correct?

Like I said, "practical" is subjective. There's a time when I didn't own a car, just a moto, and it served me just fine. Even with a car and bike, I put the same amount of mileage on each. I use my car in town more because it's more practical but I use my bike more for out of town runs because it's more practical so as you can see "practical" is subjective. Many motorcycle, scooters, bicycle owners in the bay area don't even own a car as a car is not practical for them. And if a time comes where they absolutely need a bigger vehicle to help move stuff, they just rent it or pay movers to do it.

I dont know why you keep trying to argue your point...

HOw about this... you carry your t.v. on your motorcycle and I'll carry mine in my car.... 

If you want to have a practicality "race" we can do it, obviously you don't have icar, but you do have a motorcycle which is about the same thing.

You're a guy and you've posted pictures of you and your wife... do you have kids?  A little baby?  Tell me, how practical is your motorcycle taking your wife and kid around?  Vs a regular car, or in my case since you brung it up, my teggie?  I guess I'll just wait for your phone call to ask to borrow my teggie to take you and your wife and your kid around if they need to be dropped of somewhere...

But obviously you dont want to do that... I guess you can just ride your motorcycle or iCar... you in one, buy another one so your wife can drive one and then if they have baby iCar's you can buy one and have a total of 3 and yall's can play follow the leader.    I guess that's practical to you.

Obviously my integra can't carry a fridge, but ifyou're asking me that you're implying that your motorcycle/icar can carry a fridge?  That's ridiculous to say something.  Think about it.  If you wanted to say something like that about my integra not being able to carry a fridge, you better be darn sure your motorcycle/iCar can haul around a fridge before you say something like that. 

You just make yourself look ... You know exactly how you make yourself look like.

Your argument's ridculous and you know it. 

You just dont want to admit that those car's are impratical.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2015, 09:34:58 PM »

In bold...  see even you admit that it's impratical and at the end of the day you're still driving your car around just like I said earlier... and you're still arguing? 

At the end of the day, bottom line is you need to something bigger than a motorcycle/iCAR.

C'mon man, what's wrong with you. 

Talking with you is like pointless..

And actually, an emptry fridge can fit in teggie.  What else more ridiculousness are you going to toss out now? 

"well well well.  you can't fit a big sofa! or another car, or a boat, or a plane, or a spaceship!  Huh huh?  can you fit a spaceship?!" 

Yeah no shi.t sherlock, most regular car's can't either.

I'm done talking to you in this post!

You're ridiculous and you know that!

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Online theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2015, 10:08:24 PM »

Actually you are because you can't accept the fact that "practicality" is subjective and it's not the same for everyone. Why do you think millions of people in Manhattan, S.F., Boston, or Chicago don't own a car but would rather use taxi and public transportation?

Because other options such as the subway is more practical to them...

HOw about this... you carry your t.v. on your motorcycle and I'll carry mine in my car....

Sure, I have a 20" TV that can easily be lug on my bike. In fact my bike had no problem lugging more than that when I rode from CA to MN to NY....

If you want to have a practicality "race" we can do it, obviously you don't have icar, but you do have a motorcycle which is about the same thing.

Sure, bring it...

You're a guy and you've posted pictures of you and your wife... do you have kids?  A little baby?  Tell me, how practical is your motorcycle taking your wife and kid around?  Vs a regular car, or in my case since you brung it up, my teggie?  I guess I'll just wait for your phone call to ask to borrow my teggie to take you and your wife and your kid around if they need to be dropped of somewhere...

Don't have a kid so your scenario doesn't apply.

That's like me asking, how practical is your Teggie vs. an 8-seater van or SUV when you have to take a family of 8 in one vehicle?

But obviously you dont want to do that... I guess you can just ride your motorcycle or iCar... you in one, buy another one so your wife can drive one and then if they have baby iCar's you can buy one and have a total of 3 and yall's can play follow the leader.    I guess that's practical to you.

My girl and I both have a bike so it's totally practical to us. In fact when we rode cross country, that's exactly what we did because to us, riding separately is more practical on that trip. How about you when you need to carry a family of 8?  You would need two Teggie to follow each other, no?

Obviously my integra can't carry a fridge, but ifyou're asking me that you're implying that your motorcycle/icar can carry a fridge?

Just trying to show you that your Teggie is not practical in your argument (bigger = more practical).

That's ridiculous to say something.  Think about it.  If you wanted to say something like that about my integra not being able to carry a fridge, you better be darn sure your motorcycle/iCar can haul around a fridge before you say something like that. 

Again, just trying to show you that like the i3, your Teggie is not practical in all cases either...

And no, it's not as ridiculous as thinking that what's practical for you is practical for everyone across the board..

Again, "practicality" is subjective, and that's my point.

You just make yourself look ... You know exactly how you make yourself look like.

Nope, just trying to help you understand the fact that "practicality" to one person is not the same to the next...

And nope, those cars can be impractical for some scenarios but very practical for others just like your Teggie.

Again, "ridiculous" is having a narrow mind by thinking that practicality is the same for everyone.

hua

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2015, 02:22:33 AM »
Uhh... I don't think thePoster understands the argument theking is making...

The point is that it is all relative and people have different needs. Single people or people commuting don't need to carry any passengers while a family of 3 may get by with a passenger car, but a family of 6 may need a van.

Having options is a good thing otherwise, we would all be driving around a Van with a trailer so we can carry people and haul stuff without having to ever borrow another vehicle for the job.

Obviously my integra can't carry a fridge, but ifyou're asking me that you're implying that your motorcycle/icar can carry a fridge?  That's ridiculous to say something.  Think about it.  If you wanted to say something like that about my integra not being able to carry a fridge, you better be darn sure your motorcycle/iCar can haul around a fridge before you say something like that. 

Advertisements