Advertisement

Author Topic: Toyota's i-road: a 3-wheel small car.  (Read 7328 times)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile

Like this post: 0
"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Adverstisement

Sifu

Re: Toyota's i-road: a 3-wheel small car.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 02:51:29 PM »
This has been in the works for a long time.  Hoping that it gets the green light.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile

Sifu

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 04:06:16 PM »
Elio motors is 3 years behind on a release date.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 07:22:48 PM »
Reporter,

here's another option. I saw it and took a photo of it:

Hitokiri

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 09:47:11 PM »
I like to see how that suspension works on that Toyota 3-wheeler. Very very interesting. I think if the Toyota has larger tires all around it might just work.  O0

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 11:01:06 PM »
Cool.

Reporter,

here's another option. I saw it and took a photo of it:

"...

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 11:01:57 PM »
Looks like they have no green light yet.

This has been in the works for a long time.  Hoping that it gets the green light.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 11:07:34 PM by Reporter »

"...

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 11:06:59 PM »
Bigger tires = better traction?
But isn't it supposed to be a TRICYCLE only?  Wheels just the size typical of motorcycle tires.

I like to see how that suspension works on that Toyota 3-wheeler. Very very interesting. I think if the Toyota has larger tires all around it might just work.  O0

"...

Hitokiri

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 11:28:26 PM »
Bigger tires = better traction?
But isn't it supposed to be a TRICYCLE only?  Wheels just the size typical of motorcycle tires.

No, for more stability.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2015, 07:50:53 PM »
Cool stuff but it's not very pratical.

I think it does have a niche though, maybe like for pizza deliveries in big cities.

But other than that...

WEll what are you going to do if 5 of you want to go do something.  YOu'd have to ride 5 of those or just take a 5 passenger car?

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 09:38:11 PM »
Cool stuff but it's not very pratical.

I think it does have a niche though, maybe like for pizza deliveries in big cities.

But other than that...

WEll what are you going to do if 5 of you want to go do something.  YOu'd have to ride 5 of those or just take a 5 passenger car?

That's not a very good argument because the same thing can be said about the "5" passenger car. What do you do if 8 of you want to do something?

The solution is quiet simple though, use one of the "5" people's car that can seat that many or rent a car that can...

Oh and many commuter cars on the roadways are single occupancy vehicle which is why the government created ride share and car pool programs so these small cars are actually pretty practical in that sense.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 09:44:02 PM by theking »

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 10:47:17 PM »
That's not a very good argument because the same thing can be said about the "5" passenger car. What do you do if 8 of you want to do something?

The solution is quiet simple though, use one of the "5" people's car that can seat that many or rent a car that can...

Oh and many commuter cars on the roadways are single occupancy vehicle which is why the government created ride share and car pool programs so these small cars are actually pretty practical in that sense.

But two cars is still better than 8 cars.

I don't see how you can see that 8 is better.

What are you going to do when your parents need you take them somewhere?  Of you have to hual your t.v. around, etc etc... at the end of the day, or bring that big project into work, or bring your gym bag, you're taking that 4-5 seater car even though you're just toting yourself around... it's going to get as much use as a bicycle.

Grocery getting?  Forget it.

Etc etc etc... like I said, not very pratical. 

I remember there was a guy who needed help moving.  He asked us over to bring our cars to help him move.  He didn't have much...
And we were all saying to ourselves "don't he have a car?"

Then someone said "yeah, but it's a smart car"..

Then we was all like "oh....."

If smart car's haven't caught on, what makes you think these will?

These will probably be nothing more than...  a toy folks buy to play around with... kinda like how the segway's ended up.

Or something someone buys for their daughter to drive to school becuase it's "cute".

And then after one accident where a person is killed, sales won't go anywhere.  You can say it has all this and that safety devices all you want... but...  that vs even a small compact... that person's going to die.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2015, 11:24:23 PM »
But two cars is still better than 8 cars.

I don't see how you can see that 8 is better.

I never said, "8 is better". Reread what I wrote.

What are you going to do when your parents need you take them somewhere?  Of you have to hual your t.v. around, etc etc... at the end of the day, or bring that big project into work, or bring your gym bag, you're taking that 4-5 seater car even though you're just toting yourself around... it's going to get as much use as a bicycle.

Grocery getting?  Forget it.

Rent a car, call a taxi, public transportation, use other family members cars, borrow friends cars, etc.,...so many options available.

Again, your point is weak because we know there are situations where your 5 seater example can't handle either...

Etc etc etc... like I said, not very pratical. 

It's quiet practical for some and yes, practical is subjective as it is not the same for everyone across the board.

For example, your 5 seater car example would not be practical for a family of ten as a 2 seater Miata is not practical for a family of 4. However, for those that drive solo or only has one other passenger, it's quiet practical to have a 1 or 2 seater car.

I remember there was a guy who needed help moving.  He asked us over to bring our cars to help him move.  He didn't have much...
And we were all saying to ourselves "don't he have a car?"

Then someone said "yeah, but it's a smart car"..

Then we was all like "oh....."

If smart car's haven't caught on, what makes you think these will?

These will probably be nothing more than...  a toy folks buy to play around with... kinda like how the segway's ended up.

Or something someone buys for their daughter to drive to school becuase it's "cute".

When I and many people I know moved, we rent U-Haul trucks or borrow someone we know that has a vehicle that's made for the job....

Who knows if it will get "caught on" or not but that's not the point, and it's good to have choices. And these cars are very practical to some which why some have bought it. And even though some say a two door car is not practical as a 4 door car or a two seater Lambo or Ferrari is not as practical as a 15 seater van, it's all subjective and that choice is for the individual buyer to make.

And then after one accident where a person is killed, sales won't go anywhere.  You can say it has all this and that safety devices all you want... but...  that vs even a small compact... that person's going to die.

Ok then going by that reasoning, why are you driving a tiny Teggie?

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2015, 10:30:21 AM »
I never said, "8 is better". Reread what I wrote.

Rent a car, call a taxi, public transportation, use other family members cars, borrow friends cars, etc.,...so many options available.

Again, your point is weak because we know there are situations where your 5 seater example can't handle either...

It's quiet practical for some and yes, practical is subjective as it is not the same for everyone across the board.

For example, your 5 seater car example would not be practical for a family of ten as a 2 seater Miata is not practical for a family of 4. However, for those that drive solo or only has one other passenger, it's quiet practical to have a 1 or 2 seater car.

When I and many people I know moved, we rent U-Haul trucks or borrow someone we know that has a vehicle that's made for the job....

Who knows if it will get "caught on" or not but that's not the point, and it's good to have choices. And these cars are very practical to some which why some have bought it. And even though some say a two door car is not practical as a 4 door car or a two seater Lambo or Ferrari is not as practical as a 15 seater van, it's all subjective and that choice is for the individual buyer to make.

Ok then going by that reasoning, why are you driving a tiny Teggie?

In bold, then you'd be leaving that icar  at home wouldn't you?  You bought that to realize you still just need a regular car, like I said, it's in practical

Actually my integra can fit alot of stuff.  You can call it tiny but guess what? It can fit 4 people, fold do the seat an you can fit a 55 inch TV which I have, the it her day I transported a table I bought...etc etc...

Try that with that icar, your gonna be calling someone over to help move a TV or you gym bag

Like I said it's cool stuff, nut inpractical, and you of all people should know considering you drive a motorcycle.   At the end of the day you still own a regular car because it's practical and that motorcycle stays parked and that car gets more seat time than your motorcycle   

Advertisements