Advertisement

Author Topic: The Craziest Little Car Ever From Production: Ford Fiesta RS  (Read 4116 times)

MilesDaddy

Re: The Craziest Little Car Ever From Production: Ford Fiesta RS
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2015, 01:38:26 AM »
That's what I heard. What people forget is the Mini is made by BMW and BMWs are expensive to fix. Plus to be honest BMW ripped off Mini owners by giving them an ancient motor, put it into the Mini, and made it believe it was new. The motors that are in the Mini have been there for years in the BMW and are pretty much hand me downs from BMW and are handed down for a reason.

I have to be honest when it comes to Ford too - the 1.6 liter in the Fiesta is also not the greatest engine. The 1.6 Zetec motor is an ancient motor and was never meant to be true hotrod motor. There have been many issues with the 1.6 Ecoboost motor, many who seem to be gone now, but if Ford is going to pump another 50 horsepower in order to make it an RS.....I don't know....

Even the Ford Focus RS has a new 2.3 liter. Now if they put that 2.0 Ecoboost engine from the Ford Focus ST in the Fiesta RS now that would make sense and it would be reliable at the same time.
so is that like saying that the 350 Chevy motor is a hand me down motor? I personally don't have a problem with the mini motor. Makes good power and great gas mileage. My mom is a grandma and she doesn't care.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements