Advertisement

Author Topic: Toddler beaten to death by mother's boyfriend  (Read 25097 times)

walkingdead

Toddler beaten to death by mother's boyfriend
« on: February 15, 2015, 08:57:53 PM »
Is it just me, or WHY THE FUDGE do you trust your child to someone capable of this?? There's no way this kind of behavior comes out of the blue. Obviously Lee has her head too far up her ass to see Meak's flaws and her child ended up paying the ultimate price for her stupidity. She should get charge with child endangerment as well. 

http://www.twincities.com/crime/ci_27532930/toddler-found-beaten-death-maplewood-was-happy-baby

Toddler found beaten to death in Maplewood

The toddler who was beaten to death in Maplewood last week had been "just a normal, happy baby," a family friend said Sunday.

"It's terrible; I'm just speechless," Amy Thao said. "She shouldn't have to go through what she did."

Genesis Xiong, who was 17 months old, was found dead Thursday, when Maplewood police responded about 11 a.m. to a report of a baby not breathing in the 2500 block of North Barclay Street.

The Ramsey County attorney's office charged Leb Mike Meak, the boyfriend of Genesis' mother, with second-degree murder on Friday.

Amy Thao, a friend of Genesis' mother, started a GoFundMe site to raise money for the girl's funeral. Thao lives in California and last saw the girl, whose nickname was Gena, during the summer.

Lia Lee, Genesis' mother, and Meak were together for about a year, though Lee's friends had known Meak for the last few years and didn't see signs of trouble, Thao said. Meak does not have a criminal record in Minnesota, other than a driving offense from 2003.

A relative of Meak's said Sunday that his family was also surprised that Meak had been charged with murder, describing the 35-year-old as "low-key and humble."

Meak's family is in sorrow over the loss of an innocent life, the relative said.

Maplewood Police Chief Paul Schnell said people want to believe in the best in others, but added, "I have to believe that along the way there were signs that there could be problems.

Advertisement

"
"If there's a lesson for all of us, I think it's that any time there might be concerns about the welfare of a child, it's worthwhile that we report it," Schnell said Sunday. "It's confidential. Sometimes it might be nothing, but it might be an opportunity to provide intervention or services. In some cases, it might save a life."

Police called to the home on Thursday found Genesis unresponsive in a bedroom. During attempts to revive the girl, officers discovered black and purple bruises covering her chest and stomach, according to the criminal complaint.

Meak, who is not Genesis' father, told police that Lee lives in Farmington and "works a lot," so the little girl stayed with him and he took care of her, according to the complaint.

"He thought that the bruises on her torso happened when he kind of 'roughed her up (a) little bit' while changing her diaper or telling her to stay still while getting her bottle," the complaint said.

Preliminary autopsy findings showed multiple external and internal injuries to Genesis' head and abdominal region. Semen was found on Genesis' genital area, the complaint said. Police are continuing to investigate the possibility that the girl was sexually abused, Schnell said.

Lee has other children who were staying with her, Schnell said.

Meak has two children of his own, ages 8 and 12, who lived at the Maplewood home, though they weren't there when police were called on Thursday, Schnell said. The police chief said they were placed in protective custody.

Schnell said Sunday that it's premature to talk about whether Lee could face charges.

"I think at this point we still have a lot of questions. We have a lot more investigation to do," he said.

Lee couldn't be reached for comment Sunday.

Thao said her friend is mourning the loss of her little girl. When Thao talked to her on Friday, she said Lee had been crying and unable to eat or sleep.

Mara H. Gottfried can be reached at 651-228-5262. Follow her at twitter.com/MaraGottfried.

HOW TO HELP

The site that's raising money for Genesis Xiong's funeral is at http://www.gofundme.com/mdgcz8.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 09:11:54 PM by walkingdead »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Gen. Invincible

Re: Toddler beaten to death by mother's boyfriend
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 10:26:25 PM »
All I want to say is Karen folks are kinda of krazy... :idiot2:

Offline thehotone

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 09:09:42 AM »
Why would you leave your children to your live-in boyfriend if you work all the time?

Sydney

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 10:03:38 AM »
Why would you leave your children to your live-in boyfriend if you work all the time?

I know right?  A live-in boyfriend is just a stranger to the child, why would she live her newborn with him? 

Gen. Invincible

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 10:33:12 AM »
This is the typical case of Hmong women thinking that other non-hmong men are better. I will be honest they are not..this stuff in our community is rare because we have clans and culture that addresses these issues. If this guy was Hmong..I can guarantee you that he would not see the next day once the ex-husbands family finds out.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 11:04:16 AM »
The problem is not the relation (boyfriend, husband, child's father, etc.) nor race (Asian, White, Blacks, etc.) but an a child being left with a craze idiot as there has been cases of crazy Hmong mothers and fathers killing their own kids as well...i.e., the Hmong mother that microwaved her own infant...

Envy2

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 11:34:13 AM »
He needs a beating of his own that little bastard!!!

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2015, 11:42:20 AM »
Where is Genesis Xiong's father, too, in all of this?

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 01:32:46 PM »
I'm sure she would not have allowed that if she had known. But the thing is that she trusted the bf so much that she was willing to let him babysit her infant for weeks.

If the semen is tested to be the bf's, then indeed the bf has sexually assaulted the little girl. I still give it the benefit of the doubt though. Doesn't he have a 12-year-old boy in the house, too?

It disgusted me so much when I read that he even sexually assaulted her! From reading it appears that the boyfriend has been abusing this poor baby for a while. How come the mother doesnt know about it? And if she did, what kind of mother would allow such thing to happened to her child?

« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 04:26:58 PM by Reporter »

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Solemn Wind

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2015, 02:50:36 PM »
All I want to say is Karen folks are kinda of krazy... :idiot2:

So a name like Leb Mike Meak is Karen? It sounds kind of like a darkie to me.

Sydney

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2015, 03:05:24 PM »
This case is beyond disturbing.  I wish somebody would beat the crap out of the bf and the mother. 

greenpaix

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2015, 03:34:36 PM »
What an irresponsible SOB mother! Only tears she's probably shedding are the tears she has for her pedophile bf. As for the GoFundMe cr@p, I wouldn't be surprised if they use the money towards their own benefit instead of the little girl's funeral.

If Genesis was my child, there's no place on earth this underevolved amoeba can hide from me. I'd murder all his family members just to psychologicall y get at him. Yes, I'm psycho like that! I'll even eat every one of his family members, just so I can up one him.

Offline ZXXZ

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2015, 03:36:59 PM »
zoo nyob tshaj plaws li lawm lau!! 

greenpaix

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2015, 03:51:55 PM »
wherever Genesis is, I hope she knows a lot of people are thinking about her.  :'(

greenpaix

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2015, 04:11:54 PM »
She-Hulk at full rage!   O0   :D ;D

Are you trying to be cute?

Advertisements