Advertisement

Author Topic: I don't mean to be mean but this kid is garbage city...  (Read 1187 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
I don't mean to be mean but this kid is garbage city...
« on: February 27, 2015, 06:07:32 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb8GCUQdvr0

He does alot of dribbling but he can't get by his defender most of the time. 

Looking fancy and cool doesn't mean anything if you can't get to the basket...

I see him trying to dribble and break down a defender only to back up and then pass it. 

What's the point?

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

bulbasaur

Re: I don't mean to be mean but this kid is garbage city...
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 06:15:04 PM »
He's not great, but he is good.  It's not really fair to be so critical of him.  He's still young.  He is still learning and growing.  However, if we want to break down his game...

1.  He has no left hand finish.  This is probably why he doesn't go by his defender, even when his defender is giving him the left side.  It appears he only wants to finish with his right, and the defenders seem to know that.  When he actually drove by his defender on the left, he finished with his right. 

2.  His shot doesn't seem great.  He isn't a bad shooter, but he doesn't seem great.  The defense was really daring him to shoot.  So he either should have had a crazy night shooting, or the defense was just bad. 

3.  Poor decision making.  He is clearly playing PG, but he missed some open passes.  Of course, this could be the blame of the coach too.  Maybe the coach allowed him to freestyle, like Iverson. 

4.  Questionable handles.  I want to say that he has good handles, but it is hard to tell with the weak defense he was up against.  His crossover wasn't particularly fast or low.  He dribbled high. He didn't look that flexible for the moves he wanted to do.  He couldn't actually go by defenders with the moves he did.  However, the defense was weak.  He might have just been taking it easy. 

That being said, he is a good player.  He is probably as good or better than the average pick-up baller.  I don't know how tall he is, but he can probably hang with amateur adult ballers.  A lot of players don't have a weak-hand finish, or they can't shoot, or they make poor decisions.  At least this kid has time to improve. 

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Re: I don't mean to be mean but this kid is garbage city...
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 08:07:34 AM »
He does alot of dribbling but goes nowhere...

all that fancy dribble but goes nowhere...

Thats why I say its gargabe city.

I say that becuase when I dribble between my legs... my friend says.."but you're going nowhere, what's the point?"  And he's right.

Fancy dribble is cool and stuff but if you go no where... it's just garbage.

Yeah the kid's young, he'll probably get better

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Advertisements