Advertisement

Author Topic: 3-year-old allegedly shot gun into St. Paul neighbor's home  (Read 6451 times)

Siabdub

3-year-old allegedly shot gun into St. Paul neighbor's home
« on: March 05, 2015, 06:19:34 AM »
ST. PAUL, Minn. (KMSP) - Washington Vue, 32, faces a child endangerment charge after his 3-year-old son allegedly shot a Glock 20 handgun into his neighbor's home.

According to a complaint filed in Ramsey County, on January 18, officers responded to a home on the 1800 block of Conway Street on a report that a bullet hole was found in a home's siding.

The man who called police told officers his father heard a gunshot around 6 p.m. the previous evening, and that Vue later came over to make sure everyone was okay. Vue told them his son had accidentally fired a gun in the direction of their home.

Officers went next door to talk to Vue, who showed them his Glock 20. Vue told officers he'd been cleaning the gun in his bedroom when he put it down on his bed and went downstairs to get cleaning supplies. A short time later, he heard gunfire.

"Vue ran back to his bedroom and found his 3-year-old son had picked up the gun and fired it into the wall," the complaint says. "Once Vue calmed down and made sure his family was okay he went over to check on his neighbors."

Ramsey County attorney John Choi charged Vue with endangerment of a child, adding the incident reminds him of other situations that have been much worse involving a child getting a hold of a loaded gun and being severely injured or killed.

"We still have to recognize this defendant is going to remember this for the rest of his life. I'm sure this person is recognizing how lucky he is. But at the same time, we have an obligation to enforce the law," Choi said.

A search of court records doesn't reveal any prior criminal record.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/28262305/3-year-old-allegedly-shot-gun-into-st-paul-neighbors-home

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Siabdub

Re: 3-year-old allegedly shot gun into St. Paul neighbor's home
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 06:21:12 AM »
Having guns, especially loaded and with little ones around :idiot2:  Couldn't been worse.

Sifu

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 08:12:09 AM »
Irresponsible people should not be having children too.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 08:30:10 AM »
How do you clean a loaded gun?

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

vl

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 09:25:03 AM »

Being a gun owner those were my exact thoughts.  He must like to live life on the edge.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 09:32:11 AM »
Not surprised as many idiots still like to own guns but not responsible enough to own it...

Darksyde

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 10:04:33 AM »

Being a gun owner those were my exact thoughts.  He must like to live life on the edge.

He probably had a loaded firearm that he kept somewhere on "safe" and before he began cleaning his firearm, he dropped the magazine and squeezed the trigger without clearing the chamber.  It is a common mistake that happens all the time.  People who are unfamiliar with handling loaded firearms always forget to clear the chamber before riding the bolt/cocking-mechanism forward.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 12:55:27 PM »
I want to own a gun for protection but the risk of putting in a safe place is not guaranteed.  Beside it just make me more paranoid having a gun in the house. 

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2015, 02:26:25 AM »
Maybe because I've grown up around guns .....but I don't see how people can be so stupid with guns...

It's not that hard to check if they are loaded or not
before handling a gun, unless you are "using" it at that time, always check to see if it's loaded or not first. 
That's just a habit for me I guess I feel it's just common sense   
but, isn't it just common sense   

Even if I know I stored it unloaded with clip out I still pull back the slide to make sure when I go to handle it   

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

f.u.too

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2015, 01:32:11 PM »
As a gun owner, there is no reason why I would ever have a loaded gun in my house.
guns are loaded when I'm in the field and at the shooting range, before I leave the field and shooting range I check to make sure its all unloaded and ready to be transported according to the laws.
I'm not even sure how you would clean a loaded gun.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2015, 03:00:42 PM »
As a gun owner, there is no reason why I would ever have a loaded gun in my house.
guns are loaded when I'm in the field and at the shooting range, before I leave the field and shooting range I check to make sure its all unloaded and ready to be transported according to the laws.
I'm not even sure how you would clean a loaded gun.

Sadly, many likes to keep their "loaded" guns by their side in the house i.e., under the bed so if needed, they can get to it faster...

This method is ok if you live alone and don't expect any visitor. However, if you have a "3 year old" kid in the house, the chance of shit happening is very high with a very accessible loaded gun.

I've owned guns and have nothing against it but people, use some common sense here...

Darksyde

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2015, 03:39:48 PM »
Most people I know who think they know how to handle a firearm competently, don't know how to.  And when you try and educate them; they get offended and their ego takes over and then try to tell and/or show you a thing or two.  It just goes to show, you can only teach the willing.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2015, 10:20:43 PM »
Yeah. I know.

Scary!

"...

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2015, 10:21:44 PM »
Good theory or hypothesis. lol

He probably had a loaded firearm that he kept somewhere on "safe" and before he began cleaning his firearm, he dropped the magazine and squeezed the trigger without clearing the chamber.  It is a common mistake that happens all the time.  People who are unfamiliar with handling loaded firearms always forget to clear the chamber before riding the bolt/cocking-mechanism forward.

"...

Darksyde

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2015, 12:27:37 AM »
Good theory or hypothesis. lol

Here is my honest opinion going off of facts.  Most Glock firearms, unless it has been modified, will have a 6 lbs trigger squeeze meaning it will require 6 lbs of pressure in order for the firearm to fire off a round.  6 lbs of pressure from a squeeze of the hand may not seem like much for the average adult male; may seem a little bit hard for an average adult female; but for a 3 year old child, it may almost be impossible.  It is more than likely he used his child as a scapegoat in hoping it would relieve him of some responsibility from mishandling the firearm but in turn; it backfired.

Assuming that most of what I have said is true; he more than likely did about at least 80% the things I said in some variation or form.  This form of mishandling a firearm is known as a "negligent discharge" which he more than likely rendered due to the fact he failed to properly clear his firearm.

As I stated before; this is a common mishandling of the firearm that happens quite often to individuals who are not used to handling a loaded firearm to include trained professional.  And the reason for this being is because the final step in properly clearing a firearm is to squeeze the trigger which will result in the discharge of a round in the chamber of the firearm when the trigger mechanism of the firearm is being squeezed.

Advertisements