Advertisement

Author Topic: the Taylor Swift question  (Read 2148 times)

bruisedknee

the Taylor Swift question
« on: March 05, 2015, 10:44:10 AM »
what is she now? country? pop? C-pop?

i like a few of her songs, chiefly Love Story and You Belong with me, but i don't really consider myself a fan fan

i watched a recent interview she did with Jimmy Kimmel and she seems different from her past self - less bubbly, more serious

her latest album kinda made me raise my brow - this is Taylor? really? hell, i didn't even know she was the singer behind "Shake it off" - nor Blank Space, for that matter
------
anyways, what do you guys think of the new Taylor? is she just stretching her artistic wings? has she sold out? will we ever hear twang in her voice again? (did she ever have a twang?)

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
Re: the Taylor Swift question
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 10:45:56 AM »
I think she's better as a country singer.

prima_donna

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 10:59:21 AM »
She's turning pop and mainstream.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 09:02:25 PM »
She got greedy and sold out.

Anyways speaking of taylor swift...

Me and a friend was in my car... and there was some rap music on the radio and he didn't like it... and he said "man this is some pussie shi.t"... and flipped it... and it was another rap song... and then he flipped the channel agian.. and it landed on taylor swift... and he left it there... and I said "and this isn't some pussie sh.it??!"

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 09:04:57 PM »
where ever the money goes thats where they'll follow enjoy them at there best while you can, i just watch one of my favorite dj sold out due to mainstream but i cant say i'll due the same thing

bruisedknee

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 09:06:50 AM »
She got greedy and sold out.

Anyways speaking of taylor swift...

Me and a friend was in my car... and there was some rap music on the radio and he didn't like it... and he said "man this is some pussie shi.t"... and flipped it... and it was another rap song... and then he flipped the channel agian.. and it landed on taylor swift... and he left it there... and I said "and this isn't some pussie sh.it??!"

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

minorcharacter

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 09:10:30 AM »
She is what she's always been, a marketing product.

zena

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 12:00:21 PM »
I love her as a pop singer.  She's great because she comes up with her own lyrics and music.

My daughter is a dancer and went to a convention where they did a dance to "Blank Space."  I'll see if I can upload the two pros who did the dance.  It's pretty neat.  Btw, the Taylor's official video of this song is awesome.

bruisedknee

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2015, 09:46:52 AM »
ok, i was browsing some youtube vids this morning and saw another Taylor vid again

i found it very hard to look at her as the "new and improved" her, she was wearing this outfit that just made her look, for lack of a better word, skanky  ???

not to mention her mannerisms and way of speaking were...differe nt

my eyes and ears find it hard to believe this is the same singer who sang all those country songs

i just can't tell if this is the evolution of Taylor, or if she's doing a Miley

« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 09:48:58 AM by bruisedknee »

Offline Gracified23

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2015, 03:10:02 PM »
Seems to me she is going back to the 80's style.

zena

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2015, 03:11:15 PM »
She won, I think about 7 or 8 Billboard awards last night.  So proud of her.  She works harder than any young singer/superstar out there that I know.  In her speech she mentioned her brother who just graduated from Notre Dame.  That was so sweet.

I know, I say a lot of good stuff about her but I really like her more as a pop singer than a country singer.  I always liked her lyrics but now I also like her music.

N`Chync

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2015, 03:10:03 PM »
I like "Blank Space". Catchy song.

Advertisements