Advertisement

Author Topic: MA Sketches and Other Art  (Read 24387 times)

zena

Re: MA Sketches and Other Art
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2015, 01:25:44 PM »
Some stuff I did for an Instagram challenge last year.  It was pretty fun.

Cat:

Aspen:

Hedgehog:

This was just a quick doodle of a sci-fi girl.

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

zena

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2015, 08:07:09 PM »
I've always had a thing for eyes.  In middle school and all through high school, I always drew the eyes first and sometimes I would just leave it at that.

Like this post: +1

zena

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2015, 08:18:54 PM »
MoonAngel, very nice. You're very talented.  O0 The Hedge Hog is very cute.

Thanks.

Like this post: 0

zena

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2015, 09:55:42 PM »
Quickie yesterday.

zena

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2016, 03:24:49 PM »
It's been a long time.

Got myself some nice pigment liners and a clutch pencil.

Really love this Faber Castell clutch pencil.  This is just to show how beautiful the lead looks.

zena

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2016, 02:08:33 PM »
I love horses.  Wish I could draw them more often and better too.  This one was done sometime in January on yellow sticky note.  I put a filter to remove the yellow.

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +363
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2016, 03:16:00 PM »
You got Photoshop installed in your laptop. Why don't you buy a Wacom tablet and pen for yourself so you may paint and color without difficulty?

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

zena

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2016, 03:22:25 PM »
You got Photoshop installed in your laptop. Why don't you buy a Wacom tablet and pen for yourself so you may paint and color without difficulty?

I do have a Wacom tablet.  Two actually: a Bamboo Craft and an Intuos Pro.  I don't use the Bamboo anymore so it's in storage somewhere.

Drawing on a tablet and drawing by hand are two different things.  It's more difficult to draw on the tablet.  But I mainly don't use it for drawing at the moment because it would require sitting at my desk for long hours and right now I don't have the time for that.  What you see of what I post here are mostly chicken scratches.  Just quick 2 to 5 minute sketches whenever the urge comes.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 03:27:44 PM by moonangel »

zena

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2016, 03:26:04 PM »
Here's something I did yesterday.  I'm taking a watercolor class this month and it's pretty fun.  This was my first time drawing with ink pens.  I'm so used to drawing with pencil so that if I make a mistake, I can erase, but with ink pens, there's no going backwards.  What you see is what you get.  This was also done in a watercolor book so can't tear out the thick pages unless I want to ruin the book.  So many boundaries but I'm happy with the outcome.

zena

« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2016, 04:08:19 PM »
Ink pen + watercolor.

Arno Dorian

My husband thinks I'm the best artist in the world after he saw this painting.  Says I should go work for Disney.  He's so cute.

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2016, 07:37:25 PM »
I do have a Wacom tablet.  Two actually: a Bamboo Craft and an Intuos Pro.  I don't use the Bamboo anymore so it's in storage somewhere.

Drawing on a tablet and drawing by hand are two different things.  It's more difficult to draw on the tablet.  But I mainly don't use it for drawing at the moment because it would require sitting at my desk for long hours and right now I don't have the time for that.  What you see of what I post here are mostly chicken scratches.  Just quick 2 to 5 minute sketches whenever the urge comes.

I also once had Bamboo tablet, but it didn't suit me well so I went for Drawing Intuos. It's much better than previous tablets I owned. Two corners have two buttons and they serve as keyboard shortcuts while drawing on Photoshop or Corel Painter and browsing desktop with the pen.

Nah, drawing on a tablet and by hand are same thing. You had to adjust the feeling to the wacom pen as you were to hold onto regular pencil/pen.

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2016, 07:44:54 PM »
Nice work on the drawing and watercoloring of Arno Dorian.

Walt Disney is for kids. lol jk
You gotta be extremely good at both drawing and animation.

zena

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2016, 09:36:06 AM »
I also once had Bamboo tablet, but it didn't suit me well so I went for Drawing Intuos. It's much better than previous tablets I owned. Two corners have two buttons and they serve as keyboard shortcuts while drawing on Photoshop or Corel Painter and browsing desktop with the pen.

Nah, drawing on a tablet and by hand are same thing. You had to adjust the feeling to the wacom pen as you were to hold onto regular pencil/pen.

I'm glad you like the Intuos Draw.  I think it's good to get what works for you.  I don't know much about the Intruos Draw but I do know that Wacom makes the best tablets for artists.  The Intuos Pro that I'm currently using is from their professional line.  I had a choice between the medium and small and I went with small because I don't have a lot of desk space and it was also enough space for me.  I may go medium in the future but it all depends on if I continue drawing...whic h I hope to.  The small for now works great.  I still don't utilize all the space on the tablet.

I guess it's different for different people on drawing.  I do draw differently on the tablet than I do by hand though.  I do a lot of other things on the tablet like editing photos, compositing, painting environments (and matte painting), Project Life, digital scrapbooking, etc. so it's put to good use.  I just don't draw on it very much.

Nice work on the drawing and watercoloring of Arno Dorian.

Walt Disney is for kids. lol jk
You gotta be extremely good at both drawing and animation.

Thanks.  I love Disney!  It would be a ton of fun to work for Disney if I had those artists' talents and imaginations.  They are amazing.

zena

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2016, 07:22:04 PM »
Guess what these are.

Ink pen (Micron .03) and watercolor.

I think I'm going to invest in better watercolor paint.  I'm currently using cheapies I got on discount from Michael's.  I heard Kuretake was good.

zena

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2016, 12:49:08 PM »
Something I've been working on for a couple of weeks now called, "Turtle Land."  It's in gray scale so I'm still working on the feel of the concept.  Hope to paint and texture in the next few weeks.

Advertisements