Advertisement

Author Topic: MA Sketches and Other Art  (Read 24403 times)

zena

Re: MA Sketches and Other Art
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2016, 12:56:05 PM »
Here's a sketch of Elsa I did last month.  Used watercolor pencils as color pencils.  Too lazy to grab my color pencil set...LOL.

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2016, 03:31:18 PM »
Very talented!  O0

Like this post: 0

zena

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2016, 03:48:00 PM »
Thanks, Giggles_Shyly!

zena

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2016, 02:53:30 PM »
Practice for a book cover for a short story I wrote.  The tutorial was on YT.  Very simple and easy tutorial.

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +364
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2016, 11:59:00 PM »
Here's a sketch of Elsa I did last month.  Used watercolor pencils as color pencils.  Too lazy to grab my color pencil set...LOL.

Why not use water and brushes to blend the colors so the drawing looks more dynamic.

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

zena

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2016, 05:19:06 PM »
Why not use water and brushes to blend the colors so the drawing looks more dynamic.

I didn't use watercolor paper so if I were to add water the paper would pucker and ruin it.  Plus, I shadowed using pencil so the colors would be dull if I were to watercolor over it.  Normally when I draw for the purpose of watercoloring, I don't shade with the pencil and I don't draw that dark...more likely, I'd gently sketch the outline unless I'm using Micron or Steadtler ink pens which when dry won't dull.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 05:22:45 PM by moonangel »

zena

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2016, 03:31:20 PM »
Took a mini drawing course on eyes since I'm an eye-drawing person.  I rarely draw round or square eyes so they were a bit of a challenge but really fun.  It feels great to broaden my eye-drawing skills.  On the left on the eyes practice, I did it facing the wrong way.  When I turned it landscape view I realized why it was difficult to fit three eyes...LOL.

zena

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2016, 04:04:14 PM »
A watercolor painting awhile ago.  I don't even know where I put this painting.  I think I did this on a 12x12 watercolor paper.

zena

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2016, 06:12:30 PM »
Some quick practices.

Nujthoonujplaibzag

« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2016, 03:39:47 AM »
New here :D lol. anyways i just want to say that im very enjoying to see all of the hmong artists here sharing their artistic art work. but hmm is the art section currently dead?
i see alot of dead posts like way back in 2015-2014 down lol. just curious if there's still ppl around on the art section because it looks pretty inactive atm.

zena

« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2016, 03:11:10 PM »
New here :D lol. anyways i just want to say that im very enjoying to see all of the hmong artists here sharing their artistic art work. but hmm is the art section currently dead?
i see alot of dead posts like way back in 2015-2014 down lol. just curious if there's still ppl around on the art section because it looks pretty inactive atm.

I think people just don't have the time to do art.  I'm a SAHM so when the kids are in school I get to work on my art skills.

zena

« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2016, 01:26:55 PM »
Quickie.

zena

« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2016, 01:18:22 PM »
A painting I finished last week.  Took me all week to finish but really love it.

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2016, 08:59:00 PM »
Took a mini drawing course on eyes since I'm an eye-drawing person.  I rarely draw round or square eyes so they were a bit of a challenge but really fun.  It feels great to broaden my eye-drawing skills.  On the left on the eyes practice, I did it facing the wrong way.  When I turned it landscape view I realized why it was difficult to fit three eyes...LOL.

To be honest, I give you C+ for trying.  ;) Keep on practicing the basic; someday you'll develop your own unique style.

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2016, 09:05:21 PM »
I'd like to share my sketches that I drew on Photoshop with tablet + pen. I spend hours practicing both women and men's eyes, noses, and lips.

http://wufei02.deviantart.com/gallery/61187449/WIP

Advertisements