Advertisement

Author Topic: MA Sketches and Other Art  (Read 24388 times)

zena

Re: MA Sketches and Other Art
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2016, 12:29:30 PM »
To be honest, I give you C+ for trying.  ;) Keep on practicing the basic; someday you'll develop your own unique style.

Are you even qualified to grade me?  I don't mind constructive criticism from artists and non-artitsts,  but you hardly qualify as a "teacher" to give someone a grade.

As for my practices on the eyes, that isn't my style.  I have my own style that I am very comfortable with (thus, my quickies).  The class I took was learning someone's else's style so I could build on mine.  I don't know if you know this technique but it's a way to move out of one's comfort zone and branch out to other types of styles.  I'm a heavy feature (eyes, nose, face) drawer and I'm particular to my own way.  I take art classes so that I can learn how others go about their art.  That's what a true artist does.  They keep learning even if they are already excellent.

I'd like to share my sketches that I drew on Photoshop with tablet + pen. I spend hours practicing both women and men's eyes, noses, and lips.

http://wufei02.deviantart.com/gallery/61187449/WIP

Not bad, but nothing special.  Keep at it.  If you haven't yet, I'd recommend joining the Concept Art Facebook group.  They do a monthly challenge and everyone is very supportive and motivating, and kind in their CC.  They are also funny (the humorous kind).

I'm not qualified to grade anyone because I'm not an official art teacher (I do teach art to kids though) but I believe that just doing some kind of art is good, and therapeutic, and grows the mind.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

zena

« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2016, 12:59:37 PM »
A really sad girl.  Took about 5 minutes using black ballpoint pen and a uni-ball Signo white pen.  I used the white pen to rim her eyes and a bit on her nose and lips.  Hard to see but I'll have to do a sample on darker paper next time.

zena

« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2016, 03:08:27 PM »
Can't believe 2016 blinked by.

To everyone:

And, thought I'd share a beautiful photo of my ballerina.  I love this photo because she's floating on the tips of her toes.

zena

« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2017, 04:29:18 PM »
The kids are home today due to bad weather.  Thought I'd relax and try out the color pencils from an art kit a friend got me for Christmas.

zena

« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2017, 02:02:56 PM »
A quick sketch.  This is also on my Instagram:

A mixed media in my art journal:

zena

« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2017, 02:12:39 AM »
Sketched quickly using a reference for the purpose of using new Copic markers and Jane Davenport products I'm trying out.

nooneever

« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2017, 07:35:40 AM »
Great stuff, MA!  I really enjoy the art.  Your pictures remind me of some of the work done by my favorite artist, Yoshitaka Amano.  I'm not sure how to properly describe it, but it has a sense of fantasy blended with a unique style and maybe I'm drawn towards that kind of stuff.

http://payload121.cargocollective.com/1/1/60195/4738914/133233_Yoshitaka_Amano_Maten_-_p023-24.jpg

https://clauzzen.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/yoshitaka-amano-witch.jpg

zena

« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2017, 02:44:26 PM »
Great stuff, MA!  I really enjoy the art.  Your pictures remind me of some of the work done by my favorite artist, Yoshitaka Amano.  I'm not sure how to properly describe it, but it has a sense of fantasy blended with a unique style and maybe I'm drawn towards that kind of stuff.

http://payload121.cargocollective.com/1/1/60195/4738914/133233_Yoshitaka_Amano_Maten_-_p023-24.jpg

https://clauzzen.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/yoshitaka-amano-witch.jpg

Thank you.  Wow, Yoshitaka Amano is super talented and creative.  I may have to use him for reference study one of these days.  If I do, I'll share it.

zena

« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2017, 02:48:17 PM »
Always trying something different.  This is a mixed media piece in my traveler's notebook.  The flower is a stencil.  The girl was supposed to be a stencil too but since I'm practicing on my portraits (trying different face features, etc.), decided to draw her. 

zena

« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2017, 11:07:02 AM »
So happy they put my daughter's dance group on the cover of their photo/video gallery page.  My daughter is the farthest left.

zena

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2017, 03:28:22 PM »
WIP

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +363
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2017, 03:13:02 AM »
WIP

Did you draw her from your imagination or you practice sketch from a reference?

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2017, 03:28:02 PM »
Awwww man!

beef!!!!!

Beef!

So yeah.. a slow sat  brung me to this forum.

Yes the weather's nice, I have no car, it's sunnie outside, I don't feel like walking to the subway to get into the city... and don't feel like getting burnt toast walking around in the sun...

So I'm here!

But dang moonangel you're pretty good!

We should create a comic book!

I write the story and you draw the pictures!

We can make a quick buck!

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Nujthoonujplaibzag

« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2017, 03:17:32 AM »
Hmm its been a while since i check back here again. but, for some reason i still feel as dead as it ever was, except this thread, and only this thread.
is there only 3 artists existed in this Pebhmong forum? i dont see anyone else besides you guys that posted on this specific thread, correct me if im wrong please.
show me that you are alive my hmong artists, wake up boys and girlssss.

btw "ThePoster, can you write professionally like those comic artists? or just a written in general and i mean like at a professional or good enough level? cuz i really like your ideas too lol.

Offline Rebel

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2017, 03:06:56 PM »
Wow! Your art works are amazing!

Advertisements