Advertisement

Author Topic: Did Jesus born on Dec 25?  (Read 4523 times)

Offline Gracified23

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
Did Jesus born on Dec 25?
« on: March 14, 2015, 12:38:12 PM »
We all heard the reasons why Jesus can't be born on Dec 25. But I think there's good historical reason to think Jesus was born on Dec 25th. It certainly isn't chosen to replace some non-existent rival pagan holiday. There's no pre-Christian document from Mithraism or any other pagan dieties that says they was born on Dec 25th either. There's no historical data to support that claim. Also, Saturnalia began on the 17th. It never went until the 25th.  Anyone that claim otherwise must show the evidence.  O0

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

zena

Re: Did Jesus born on Dec 25?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 07:20:11 PM »
Does it matter?  I think what does matter is the meaning behind it, not the actual time and date he was born.

But, if you must be curious, you can read it in this link: http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/biblical-topics/new-testament/how-december-25-became-christmas/.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 07:25:30 PM by moonangel »

FetishDream

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 06:39:26 PM »
You know that when I ask for my day off from work, it is usually not on my birth date right?  I still get one anyway.   O0

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 02:17:55 AM »
Does it matter?  I think what does matter is the meaning behind it, not the actual time and date he was born.

But, if you must be curious, you can read it in this link: http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/biblical-topics/new-testament/how-december-25-became-christmas/.

Ah...That's a good read.  Apparently I've never been told of this correlation of the connecting his conception and death.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

zena

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 01:31:53 PM »
Ah...That's a good read.  Apparently I've never been told of this correlation of the connecting his conception and death.

News to me as well.

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +379
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 05:29:38 PM »
The birth of Jesus Christ and Pagan's holiday as Christmas was not correlated.

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline Gracified23

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2016, 09:59:20 AM »

If Jesus wasn't born on Dec 25 , then why do we have Xmas on Dec 25? Why do Christians accepted this date? It's pagan in origin. lol.  >:D

Offline Gracified23

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2016, 10:16:02 AM »
It does matter if you look at it very closely.  :2funny:

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2016, 02:55:42 PM »
It has to do with the stories being told in the bible.  The 3 wise king followed the northern star to baby jesus.  Add the science of astrology and we can see when is a good time to find this star as it sits the brightest in our constellation. 

So around this time, go out n pick the brightest object in the sky.  This is how they uses science to find the birthplace of jesus as such star sits 90 degrees up and on top of their head. 

I see the brightest dot in the sky but how come it is not blinking?  It is because it is not a star.  You see, a star would twinkle as that song goes twinkle twinkle little star.  What i have been seeing all along is non other than planet Jupiter.  So if it does not twinkle, it could be a planet. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

flyin15sec

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2016, 10:14:49 PM »
I would say September 11 3 BCE. You can do your own research as to this date.

This is more likely than December 25th.

Offline Gracified23

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2016, 07:18:17 AM »
Why do you think Jesus is more likely to be born in Sept?

It actually doesn't get down to freezing there. Back in those days when the shepherds were outside, they were out all year long,  particularly in antiquity. Sure, it's cold, and typically warmer in the day and down in 50s at night, but shepherds are still out.

And the December date is extrapolated with the data  from Luke and the time in which Zechariah was in the Temple.

I can't prove it, but this is the other view for arguing a Dec date.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 07:20:30 AM by Gracified23 »

Offline Gracified23

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2016, 10:24:42 AM »
Jesus is Jesus; also, it's a human name. The truth is, Jesus's real name is, "No name."

How we got the name Jesus is an interesting subject.

Offline Gracified23

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2016, 10:33:50 AM »
Anyway, there are mix views regarding  Dec 25. Look up Annunciation and what the Catholics believe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annunciation

"The Annunciation (from the Vulgate Latin annuntiatio (or nuntiatio) nativitatis Christi),[1] also referred to as the Annunciation to the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Annunciation of Our Lady[2] or the Annunciation of the Lord, is the Christian celebration of the announcement by the angel Gabriel to the Virgin Mary that she would conceive and become the mother of Jesus, the Son of God, marking his Incarnation.[3] Gabriel told Mary to name her son Yehoshua , meaning "YHWH is salvation".

"According to Luke 1:26, the Annunciation occurred "in the sixth month" of Elizabeth's pregnancy with John the Baptist.[4] Many Christians observe this event with the Feast of the Annunciation on 25 March,[3] an approximation of the northern vernal equinox nine full months before Christmas, the ceremonial birthday of Jesus. In England, this came to be known as Lady Day.[5] It marked the new year until 1752.[5] The 2nd-century writer Irenaeus of Lyon regarded the conception of Jesus as 25 March coinciding with the Passion.[6]"

There is that connection between the time of the Annunciation and the birth of Christ.

Offline Gracified23

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2016, 10:37:14 AM »
So no, the claim that the Church used Dec 25 to replace the pagan is not the only view.

Advertisements