Advertisement

Author Topic: Ghost in the Shell Arise Movie  (Read 5331 times)

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
Ghost in the Shell Arise Movie
« on: March 21, 2015, 11:26:12 PM »
Watching this now...looks like it's suppose to take place even before Ghost in the Shell SAC.  So Major Motoko Kusanagi and the section 9 that we are familiar with, fight on opposite sides in these time period.  And Section 9 has yet to be founded.

So far, animation wise is a bit less detailed.  Even characters are less detailed.  So there isn't as much a sense of telling reality against virtual reality - maybe that's the intent, but it's loses a viewer's perspective.  Maybe also cuz I'm watching free online - lack of quality.

And translation sub typos' are plenty here and there. like the letter t and letter f are often interchanged in error.

Like this post: 0
The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Adverstisement

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost in the Shell Arise Movie
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 02:48:49 PM »
Refer to FMA:Brotherhood. Arise, from what I've read and watched, follows suit.

michaelvang85

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 10:14:28 PM »
I've never watched Ghost in the shell. What's it about?

The Matrix was heavily influenced by Ghost in the Shell. Basically set in Japan in the near future, where people occupy cybernetic bodies with their "ghosts" or consciousness. They're essentially people minds living inside cybernetic bodies. Kind of hard to explain, you'll have to watch it yourself. I'd recommend starting with the original movie from the 90s.

Sifu

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 12:00:35 PM »
I've never watched Ghost in the shell. What's it about?
In a nutshell.
A cyber anti-terrorist organization that deals with espionage, hacking, data retrieval and cyber terrorism that isn't always black or white.  Also runs a thin line of cyborg vs human relationships or the control of information.  As said before if you dig The Matrix or enjoy slow, counter intelligence movies you may enjoy GitS series.  Overall they're not bad but may take a few viewings to comprehend since some are confusing as hell.  Start with the original GitS movie and work from there.  These ARISE movies are a prequel to the original GitS series.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 11:03:07 PM »
In a nutshell.
A cyber anti-terrorist organization that deals with espionage, hacking, data retrieval and cyber terrorism that isn't always black or white.  Also runs a thin line of cyborg vs human relationships or the control of information.  As said before if you dig The Matrix or enjoy slow, counter intelligence movies you may enjoy GitS series.  Overall they're not bad but may take a few viewings to comprehend since some are confusing as hell.  Start with the original GitS movie and work from there.  These ARISE movies are a prequel to the original GitS series.

So, movie is more like Bruce Willis's Surrogates? Human living their lives through robot clones.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Advertisements