Advertisement

Author Topic: Shoreview Man Accused of Kidnapping 15-Year-Old Girl to Marry Her  (Read 20021 times)

fOrEvEr_sUn_76

This is the story of a Hmong dude who still practice the way of the Hmong traditional Kidnapped for Marriage process. According to the news article, 21-year-old Kong Meng Xiong of Shoreview recently kidnapped his 15-year-old girlfriend of 3 months from her home and force her to submit to a Hmong marriage. Later, the girl's parents contacted Xiong's parents about the kidnapping and Xiong's parents said they wanted Xiong and the girl to be married in the Hmong cultural way. The girl's parents respond by saying that tradition doesn't work here in the USA and that what they did was wrong. During an interview after her release from captivity, the girl told police she and Xiong first started their relationship in January 2015 and that they had sex before the girl's 15th birthday (which I assume occur somewhere between then and April Fool), Xiong in the interview admit to every actions he did and agree that what he did was wrong.

Xiong has been charged with kidnapping, third-degree criminal sexual conduct and false imprisonment. If convicted, he could be sentenced to 20 years in prison and $35,000 in fines on the kidnapping charge; up to 15 years in prison and $30,000 in fines on the sexual conduct charge; and up to three years in prison and $5,000 in fines on the false imprisonment charge.

Read the full article here...

http://kstp.com/news/stories/s3752364.shtml?cat=1

So what do you guys think, do you think Xiong's don't know better or do you think he deserve to be charge? His intend wasn't kidnapping for ransom, sex or anything, just for marriage. I assume his family are still holding onto tradition or something. Anyways tell me what you think about this article.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 04:41:01 AM by fOrEvEr_sUn_76 »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

LION HEART

Re: Shoreview Man Accused of Kidnapping 15-Year-Old Girl to Marry Her
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 10:28:07 AM »
this unai state ahmayleeka  e not da lao or da thai lang.

Like this post: +1

minorcharacter

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 10:52:00 AM »
this unai state ahmayleeka  e not da lao or da thai lang.
My thoughts exactly.  I'm so sick of hearing Hmong people say "this is america" like they're model American citizens above others and that kidnapping and statutory rape doesn't already happen in this country.  This guy's morals are socially frowned upon, but at least he was willing to take responsibility the way he knew.  I don't condone his actions, and thankfully the parents did the right thing because I'm sure this marriage would eventually crash due to the cultural differences, but some of these "Hmong Americans" got to stop acting like a snob.

f.u.too

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 10:58:45 AM »
Let him be an example to all other who think its ok to go snatch little girl for their own need.
I'm sure most of you would call the cop if your daughter was underage, taken and the other family insisted that they get marry and refuse to return her. This is America. Even back in Laos and Thailand this was wrong, but people worry to much about face over their own daughter and they allowed it to happen. It wont work here. we don't need children having children.

Special_K

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 11:55:26 AM »
Dang, he's done this before?? Wow .. !! Lock him up and throw away the keys.

Buttercup

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 12:38:13 PM »
I blame the girls parents, who let her go out with a 21 yr old guy in the first place.  If she was my daughter I would have grounded her from day one for talking to him.  Why do people shift all the blame to the guy?  She was willing to spread her legs for him.  All a sudden she is innocent because of age, that is BS.  I know that when I was that age us girls did worse things out of curiosity and being a rebel to see how far things would go.

Offline darkhelmet

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 12:45:41 PM »
Just gotta say, thank goodness, I don't have a girl to worry about.  On the other hand, the guy is a moron.  Hope he goes to jail.  Both parents are stupid, please don't have anymore kids.

I made you read this.

Buttercup

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 12:48:07 PM »
For God's sake, why do ppl use the this is America and we're all americans now.  This is 2015, stuff like this is for FOBs, we should be modern.  They think they're self-righteous because they're more modern than you and me because they live in the U.S.?

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 02:01:12 PM »
This is America, and I'm sure glad it is!!! Otherwise, this girl would've been forced to marry him as I've seen on several occasions in Laos and Thailand when I lived there and no punishment given to the caveman and other cavemen that helped him with his crime.  Again, this is America...alth ough not perfect due to cavemen like behaviors occurring from time to time, at least the cavemen will received some form of punishments for their primitive acts unlike in other countries such as Laos, and when I say "cavemen", I mean all groups of Americans that exhibit those primitive behaviors not just Hmong-American. Sadly, some primitive cavemen and women too will never learn so I agree with the poster that said, "lock him up and throw away the keys"...

If that minor girl was my daughter and was taken by force by this caveman, he would have to deal with a beat down or a bullet in the head...Those type of primitive forced marriage practices gotta go regardless of location or country.

FetishDream

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 02:07:37 PM »
guilty and he's fawked!!

"Kiong previously pleaded guilty to first-degree criminal sexual conduct in May 2009 for an incident involving a 13-year-old girl."

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2015, 03:03:09 PM »
guilty and he's fawked!!

"Kiong previously pleaded guilty to first-degree criminal sexual conduct in May 2009 for an incident involving a 13-year-old girl."

Sadly, some primitive cavemen and women too will never learn so I agree with the poster that said, "lock him up and throw away the keys"...

...regardless if it's bride-nap, pedophilia, stututory rape, domestic abuse, animal cruelty, forced alcohol poisoned of minor, etc....

FetishDream

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2015, 03:10:38 PM »
Sadly, some primitive cavemen and women too will never learn so I agree with the poster that said, "lock him up and throw away the keys"...

...regardless if it's bride-nap, pedophilia, stututory rape, domestic abuse, animal cruelty, forced alcohol poisoned of minor, etc....

Stories like these tend to make the hmong people looked bad.  So unfair

Like when I was dating a hmong chick, my sport bookie is Laotian and so when he heard that, he said in broken english.  "you marry hmong, you buy"   I'm like WTF? 

I'm glad I am so over hmong kids.  Like if they are barely over 18, if you take them home after midnight or you take their virginity, you are going to marry them.  These days, I'm upping my standards and only date them hmong women who parents are a tad Americanize.  Safe haven for me.   :2funny:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2015, 03:23:56 PM »
Stories like these tend to make the hmong people looked bad.  So unfair

Yep, agree. Hopefully with more and more Hmong are progressing in the right direction, that label will diminish...

Like most of other race and/or ethnic groups, most Hmong are good but still a good number doing things the primitive ways...there are bad apples in every group.

baddabing

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2015, 04:28:17 PM »
She gave him all the chances in the world but he was n no good, so she dumps him.  She tried sex with him to see if he was great in bed but he was not, what did he expect he should just move on. That's the most a girl can offer a guy to impressed her.

Gen. Invincible

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2015, 01:40:25 PM »
I bet this 21 year old lives in the basement of his mom and dads and plays video games..kids should be treated like kids...the kids parents should of returned the other kid....fawkin grow up and get the fawk out of your parents house and stop playin  video games...before you bring home a wife..

Advertisements