Advertisement

Author Topic: Shoreview Man Accused of Kidnapping 15-Year-Old Girl to Marry Her  (Read 20028 times)

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
Re: Shoreview Man Accused of Kidnapping 15-Year-Old Girl to Marry Her
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2015, 07:54:01 PM »
I blame the girls parents, who let her go out with a 21 yr old guy in the first place.  If she was my daughter I would have grounded her from day one for talking to him.  Why do people shift all the blame to the guy?  She was willing to spread her legs for him.  All a sudden she is innocent because of age, that is BS.  I know that when I was that age us girls did worse things out of curiosity and being a rebel to see how far things would go.

Tell that to the prosecutor and the State Legislature. It's ok if both are 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, and even 8/9. :idiot2: There's many flaws in the US laws but Hmong people need to be aware of that. Choice should be left to these bunnies if they agree to get marry, let them be. Because it's impossible to stop people from seeing each other. If the state care so much about Hmong people that they had to charge this guy with false imprisonment, rape, and etc. He needs to just commit suicide for honor(it's too shameful to be labeled as a sex offender/rapist) and have his family sue the state. Just makes me wonder how things would turn out. >:D Instead of a Hmong son inlaw, now the family will probably get a kaydoo because now she's official a whore.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Lyn Song

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2015, 02:32:40 AM »
Force to be marry at 15 years old? I'm 15 right now and I don't know anything about being a mother yet. Lyn don't mind being ask about marriage but she is not sure if kidnapping is the right thing to do, Lyn is much appreciated if the man propose instead.

fOrEvEr_sUn_76

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2015, 04:10:51 PM »
UPDATE: Kong Meng Xiong is now sentence for 5 years in prison for criminal sexual conduct charge and 17 months for the false imprisonment charge.

See the updated story here:

http://shrdo.com/index.php/suabhmong-news/2783-shoreview-man-sentenced-to-5-years-for-kidnapping-girl-to-marry-her

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2015, 07:49:31 PM »
UPDATE: Kong Meng Xiong is now sentence for 5 years in prison for criminal sexual conduct charge and 17 months for the false imprisonment charge.

See the updated story here:

http://shrdo.com/index.php/suabhmong-news/2783-shoreview-man-sentenced-to-5-years-for-kidnapping-girl-to-marry-her

Good, the douche bag deserved it for causing such a primitive act...

Xeemxai

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2015, 09:28:00 AM »
I'm not sure what kidnap means "Zij" in hmong.  Lis cas los xij, thaum zoo zoo siab ce yeej mus zoo zoo thiab hais zoo, tab sis thaum tsi tshuam haum siab ce yeej yuav hais kom lwm tus txhaum xwb. 

SumTingWong

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2015, 12:11:19 PM »
What's wrong with our youth?? Learn and adapt... if you're here, play by the rules here. They throw it in your face everyday, at least learn to use it.

Fine, so the girl don't want to married you... so date someone who is of legal age. Move in with her, excuse the term... F**k to your heart's content and if things don't work out, don't married her. It's all legal now... the Hmong parents can't force you to married her to save face, you're not obligated to married by law and you get to try things out.

Don't look at it as obstacles, look at it as opportunities.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2015, 03:47:56 AM »
This is a simple case of nraug laib tham poj laib.

The girl obviously knows that he is older and could get in trouble yet she proceeded to date him as well so they're both GUILTY. She played the Hmong card when it suited her but then turned around and slapped him with the Murica card. His only fault was that he was stupid enough to fall for this crap.

It didn't have to escalate to this level but the girl's parents just want to be a.ssholes because she isn't a virgin anymore. This guy won't be the last older man that she dates.

All in all, the guy was stupid and the girl is evil. Nobody worth applauding or siding with.   

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2015, 11:09:16 AM »
This is a simple case of nraug laib tham poj laib.

The girl obviously knows that he is older and could get in trouble yet she proceeded to date him as well so they're both GUILTY. She played the Hmong card when it suited her but then turned around and slapped him with the Murica card. His only fault was that he was stupid enough to fall for this crap.

It didn't have to escalate to this level but the girl's parents just want to be a.ssholes because she isn't a virgin anymore. This guy won't be the last older man that she dates.

All in all, the guy was stupid and the girl is evil. Nobody worth applauding or siding with.

Some parents are just waiting for this day to happened when their daughter is poj liab.  Some parents think when their son is nraug laib if he find someone maybe he would settle down. Honestly, they are all doing it for the wrong reason.  Parent with son and daughter like this always feel the greatest or even happiest......

In this case turn out the parents are glad they got what they want while she turn the other direction too.  Both are evil and could have prevent it.  It has to start and end with Hmong letting go of this practice where it is all about saving face, quick $$, etc.   Nowadays the only difference is that girl are barely kidnapped, guy trap when dropping off the girl home, etc.  It become more of young girl getting pregnant and then the parents of the guy have no choice to do the Hmong wedding sooner or later.  I have a nephew like that and just last year had their wedding in May and then baby born a few weeks later.  Her qhi tau hau was $6800.  Next month another baby already.  My sil and bil got sick and tired of their son thinking they can kick him out when he's 18 yo because he drop out of high school.  My husband been telling his brother your son is no different than the rest of the nephews....

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2015, 09:11:30 PM »
Some parents are just waiting for this day to happened when their daughter is poj liab.  Some parents think when their son is nraug laib if he find someone maybe he would settle down. Honestly, they are all doing it for the wrong reason.  Parent with son and daughter like this always feel the greatest or even happiest......

In this case turn out the parents are glad they got what they want while she turn the other direction too.  Both are evil and could have prevent it.  It has to start and end with Hmong letting go of this practice where it is all about saving face, quick $$, etc.   Nowadays the only difference is that girl are barely kidnapped, guy trap when dropping off the girl home, etc.  It become more of young girl getting pregnant and then the parents of the guy have no choice to do the Hmong wedding sooner or later.  I have a nephew like that and just last year had their wedding in May and then baby born a few weeks later.  Her qhi tau hau was $6800.  Next month another baby already.  My sil and bil got sick and tired of their son thinking they can kick him out when he's 18 yo because he drop out of high school.  My husband been telling his brother your son is no different than the rest of the nephews....

It didn't have to escalate to this level. It's pretty clear both are fully aware of the consequences if leaked out to the American authorities. This girl is likely in rebellious mode against her parents and that's why she was dating this older guy who happens to be what Hmong parents consider ib tug laib.

These days if a girl doesn't want to marry then just come home. No need to make anybody pay fines or fees. Cov hluas nim no tsis muaj kev xu siab lawm os thiab lawv tsis khe txog lawv lub ntsej muag so no need to demand retributions.

Blongforever

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2015, 12:16:04 PM »
Born and raised here in the US and he is this stupid?  This dude is stupid.   Many professions will not even allow this dude to be around their properties .   :o :o

realism

« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2015, 02:08:07 PM »
I have a Mien buddy who I went to elementary, middle, part of college with. He transfer over, we met, talk and even hung out. But then after a couple month, he didn't respond to my text. I thought nothing of it. Early this year, I was told by his other friends he's been in prison for a while now for the same reasons similar to this one, with the exception of attempting to get married.

Pwko_hauvkojlubSiab

« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2015, 06:42:39 PM »
we should not question this guy, but we should question the hmong 18xeem.  tell them not to live like tribal people and stop their day-dreams about giving all hmong people as a second class citizen.  if these OG would to stop doing what they are doing nowadays.  let us hmong people immigrate right into the 21st century.  because the law of the land and its principle that we must live up to...

you MN people should tell 18 xeem to come and taking care of this matter.  if they cannot even play apart of it, then tell them to stop what they are doing and should assimilate into the main stream America--and act like one because more cases like this.

Qau

« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2015, 10:29:57 AM »
 :idiot2:Ruam tiag.. blaming the 18 xeem for this matter. If Hmong ppl follow 18 xeem and Hmong tridition this would not be an issue.  You forget that 18 xeem are full of  educated Hmong people. If you are not in the 21st century then get with it.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2015, 03:53:27 PM »
The report doesn't state who called the police.

If the girl changed her mind then let her go home and then her parents should just let it be. But you know this is all about trying to save her face, too. If the parents disagreed with the age gap then they could've ended the relationship long ago before any of this. But again, poj laib thiab nraug laib xwb ces will always create drama.

My advice to Hmong guys is don't ask Hmong gals to marry you. Don't go zij lawv and definitely do not go nqis tsev hais. Just let them move themselves into your parents' house because many of them are already doing that anyways.

always_anonymous

« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2015, 03:46:15 PM »
My thoughts exactly.  I'm so sick of hearing Hmong people say "this is america" like they're model American citizens above others and that kidnapping and statutory rape doesn't already happen in this country.  This guy's morals are socially frowned upon, but at least he was willing to take responsibility the way he knew.  I don't condone his actions, and thankfully the parents did the right thing because I'm sure this marriage would eventually crash due to the cultural differences, but some of these "Hmong Americans" got to stop acting like a snob.

I disagree. Regardless of whether or not someone is a "model" American, the law is the law. This has nothing to do with someone viewing himself/herself above another; rather, it has everything to do with the fact that here in the United States, kidnapping someone is considered an illegal act that is punishable by law. This is regardless of whether the committer was White, Black, Hmong, or some other ethnicity.

Just because statutory rape happens in the United States doesn't mean it's okay to do it. Just because kidnapping happens in the United States doesn't mean it's okay to do it. All of those acts, if brought to the proper authorities, are investigated. If convicted and found guilty, the committers are sentenced to the appropriate punishment as allotted by the law. Following your logic, it would go to state that just because theft happens in Thailand, regardless of whether or not you condone my actions, it would be okay for me to steal from another Hmong person in Thailand; furthermore, that they shouldn't say anything about it because it already happens there anyway. Should they step up and call the authorities to report that I have stolen something from them, they should be viewed as "Hmong Thai Snobs" because their actions sided with protecting their best interest. How absurd is that?

What is wrong with our people in this country is the basic fact that they think that American Law does not apply to them because they are Hmong. Due to cultural stereotypes that have been passed from one generation to the next, most people are too scared to stand up for their rights; mainly woman. This is especially true because in the Hmong culture, women have no rights and are treated like chattel; bought and sold for a price.

As we become more integrated with American society, cultural biases will be tested; case in point, the action of this young man. If you read the story further, it states that he committed a similar crime to a thirteen year old victim. This is his second offense, that is publicly known, and is not acceptable. I would've thought he would've learned his lesson after the first time.

I, for one, am glad that this girl's parents are pressing charges. Someone needs to set the precedence that it is not okay to take our young Hmong daughters, sisters, and cousins against their wills to become someone's bride. If I'm not mistaken, where my parents came from, men old enough to be my grandfather could have someone as young as my little cousin kidnapped to be his bride for no other reason than because he wanted her. This is a very arbitrary way of thinking and archaic way of life.

Living here in America means that I have rights and freedoms. Those do, however, come with a price tag. I can, for the most part, do as I wish; practice whatever religion I'd like, speak to whomever I want, live wherever I please, do whatever I'd like for a living, etc. However, if I commit a crime that is illegal, I will have to pay the consequence of said crime. This applies to everyone. Hmong people are not excluded from this and are not exceptions to the law.

I am, by law, protected from criminal acts, like kidnapping and assault, and heinous crimes like domestic violence and rape...to name a few. I choose to exercise my rights as a Hmong American and file charges should any of these acts happen to me, a loved one, or a daughter if I have one someday. If you choose not to exercise your rights, that's your choice. That doesn't give you the right to call someone names because they're using rights that you are choosing to ignore.

Advertisements