Advertisement

Author Topic: Shoreview Man Accused of Kidnapping 15-Year-Old Girl to Marry Her  (Read 20034 times)

always_anonymous

Re: Shoreview Man Accused of Kidnapping 15-Year-Old Girl to Marry Her
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2015, 03:57:02 PM »
I blame the girls parents, who let her go out with a 21 yr old guy in the first place.  If she was my daughter I would have grounded her from day one for talking to him.  Why do people shift all the blame to the guy?  She was willing to spread her legs for him.  All a sudden she is innocent because of age, that is BS.  I know that when I was that age us girls did worse things out of curiosity and being a rebel to see how far things would go.

This is a rather unfair and judgmental statement. Parents often have little or no control over what their kids do. In fact, control is an illusion. They raise them the best way that they can and hope that their children are smart enough to make wise decisions. A parent's job is not to "control" their child and dictate their child's life. A parent's job is to be a guide, support system, and comforter for their children.

Regardless of whether she "spread her legs", as you so diligently put it, it didn't give him the right to accept her offer because he knew that she was underage and it was illegal. He didn't have to sleep with her. He didn't have to date her. No one put a gun to his head and made him do anything. He did, however, take her against her will. With regard to coitus prior to this happening, she is not of age to consent so even if she willingly offered, he couldn't accept anyway.

You weren't in this relationship. You don't know what led up to the first time they had coitus. You are a completely different person than she is. To judge her would mean to allow others to judge you for your..."curiosity" and "rebel" ways as a teenager. Like you said, you did worse things...which I can't even begin to imagine. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

reAP

Re: Shoreview Man Accused of Kidnapping 15-Year-Old Girl to Marry Her
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2015, 04:02:21 PM »
The guy knew what he was doing. He raped a little girl and he's going to prison for it.
#Big****bobiswaiting

Like this post: 0

Advertisements