Advertisement

Author Topic: Attack of the hatches.  (Read 2181 times)

Sifu

Attack of the hatches.
« on: April 02, 2015, 07:52:59 AM »
It's been confirmed that the new Civic Type R will be coming to the States.  So the hot hatch segment (almost non existent here) should get a big boost with both Focus RS and Golf variants.  I've heard that other manufacturers are working on hatchbacks (Scion rebadged Mazda2, Hyundai concept, etc).  I'm wondering if the American public is willing to shill out over $30k for them though.

http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/honda-civic-type-r-finally-will-arrives-at-us-coasts-1653681508

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Attack of the hatches.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 09:34:59 AM »
I'm wondering if the American public is willing to shill out over $30k for them though.

http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/honda-civic-type-r-finally-will-arrives-at-us-coasts-1653681508

I'm not, waste of money imo but to each his own. Maybe when I was a kid and have the money for it...

Like this post: 0

Sifu

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 10:00:28 AM »
TBO hot hatches are $$$ but looking at some of the classics and modern interpretation s I'm always surprised that people would be willing to pay $60k for one.  I'd never own a $35k Civic or Focus but I still love small cars with powerful engines in them.

Envy2

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 11:15:51 AM »
Honda will charge 40K for their Type R and all the Honda fan boys working at McD will line up to buy them. Then they will take their Type R only to the drag strip even though Honda spent significant time making it a track FWD monster.

Sifu

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 12:44:05 PM »
At least this has more bite than the Mugen Type RSTUV they released a while back.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 03:26:57 PM »
I think 30-40 g's is way too high.

It'd probably sell if it was around 22-26k.

Becuase in america, who would be interested in this type of car?  Not the older well off folks.

Mainly teenagers agian.  They need to price it for the right demographic.

Yeah there's alot of R and D into it... but dang... it's still just a hatch.. and a honda after all.  30-40 g's?   way way too much.

I definately wouldn't buy it at that price.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Envy2

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 04:50:02 PM »
I think 30-40 g's is way too high.

It'd probably sell if it was around 22-26k.

Becuase in america, who would be interested in this type of car?  Not the older well off folks.

Mainly teenagers agian.  They need to price it for the right demographic.

Yeah there's alot of R and D into it... but dang... it's still just a hatch.. and a honda after all.  30-40 g's?   way way too much.

I definately wouldn't buy it at that price.

Keep dreaming. If you consider that the shitty 4DR Mugen SI was being sold at 29-30K the Type R will be priced between 35-40K for sure and then loses out to the Focus RS and  VW R400 for the same price.

Hitokiri

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 05:40:12 PM »
Trust me. The Focus RS well cost thousands of dollars less then the Type-R and well be 4WD as well. The real beast well be the Dodge Dart SRT4. When it comes to turbocharging domestics in the small cars Dodge and Chevy have done good jobs.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 09:34:36 PM »
I would never buy a Mugen civic...

even now that they are decently priced...

Well, guess like the new civic R isn't going to be a hit in the states...

It's going to suffer low low low sales...

Be sitting inside the honda dealers, people just looking at it and passing it by.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Hitokiri

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 11:19:49 PM »
I think the Civic Type R is going to sell well partially because people well buy and partially because it'll be sold in very low volumes. Many people say that they wouldn't pay over $30,000 for that Type-R but in reality when the Acura Integra Type R came out the average price was between $24-25,000 which in today's money is about $30,000. People paid that much for a Type R then I don't see why they wouldn't do it now.

michaelvang85

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2015, 04:31:51 PM »
Most people who want it and can afford it, will buy it. Honda has the most loyal for imports. They'll do the payments for that elusive type R dna.

3 Years Time

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2015, 03:07:09 AM »
Big fan of hatchbacks here, I'll pay $40k for one. Keep in mind that with simple tuning, these things will run high 12s in the 1/4 mile np. Not to mention their already good handling characteristic s for road course/auto crossing.

Although I'm a big fan of Honda, I personally would go for the Focus RS. It looks better and it's all wheel drive. The 2016 CTR looks like a 2000 Ford Focus. wtf? It's like Honda went backwards.

CheechnChong

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2015, 09:10:42 AM »
It's a good move to get the brand back into a more respectable stature.

Advertisements