Advertisement

Author Topic: Fresno police release more details about murder-suicide in fresno cal  (Read 29477 times)

sweetvoice

1. Vang and Moua were married in August 1993 in an arrangement between both families for $3,500, traditionally a dowry paid by the groom to the bride’s family. She was 12 and he was 21.

The woman is 33 years old and is now dead.  Do the public need to know that she got married at age 12 to a man age 21 in her death report? If the age difference and arrangement of the wedding was wrong and not legal then why didn't the lady take action to sue the man and her parents when they are still alive and while she was in her twenties.

2.Vang claimed that she was abused — strangled, thrown on the floor, pushed and grabbed — during the 10 years she was married to Moua. They separated at the end of 2003 after a violent outbreak and a threat.

They were separated at the end of 2003

3.Vang was granted custody of her children in January 2004. Shortly after, she said Moua moved his girlfriend into their four-bedroom home and forced her and the children to live in the garage, according to court records.
After she got an annulment, the legal battles continued.  Moua fell thousands behind on child support for their five kids and Vang said she was forced to live in the garage of the four-bedroom home they owned together, the same home where police served a search warrant Tuesday evening.

If they were separated at the end of 2003 then why did she come back to be in the same home with the man and  his new lover and then got force to live in the garage with her children. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Buttercup

Re: Fresno police release more details about murder-suicide in fresno cal
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 10:43:35 PM »
Looks like she did not have a place to go after the divorce therefore the ex allowed her to move in the garage.

sweetvoice

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 10:48:10 PM »
Looks like she did not have a place to go after the divorce therefore the ex allowed her to move in the garage.

I don't know the reason why she move to be near or be in the garage that he exist.

sweetvoice

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 10:56:13 PM »
 If the age difference and arrangement of the wedding was wrong and not legal then why didn't the lady take action to sue the man and her parents when they are still alive and while she was in her twenties.  Just wondering how many of you in here can sue your parents and the man who force you to be marry at age 12? Sue them later in life when you are older and believe that is wrong to do to any young girl

Sydney

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 11:20:10 PM »
Well, if a child was given away at age 12 for marriage, the child was stripped of her free will to live.  Her life was bargained, traded and gave away as a child bride to a total stranger.  Nobody knows of what really happened in their marriage, except the fact that she faced many abuses and lacked happiness.  One can only speculate that as a victim of many trials and tribulations, she probably was not cherished or protected, but threatened and neglected by the guardians.  If she was in that condition for many years, she probably lacked the courage to fight back until her old age.  Keep in mind, not everyone has the courage to fight back if threatened.  Courage develops over time.

If we analyze her life, her parents failed her.  Her husband failed her.  Tradition failed her.  She probably suffered many unhealed wounds. 

Her age, innocence, free will, and happiness were all taken without her consent.   

Buttercup

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 11:33:33 PM »
This thread won't be the same without me saying this,

Because we live in America now hmong people should know that the man is to pay child support to the woman while she takes all the kids with her even though she lives in the garage.  :-X

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 11:36:53 PM »

If we analyze her life, her parents failed her.  Her husband failed her.  Tradition failed her.  She probably suffered many unhealed wounds. 

Her age, innocence, free will, and happiness were all taken without her consent.

In a traditional Hmong wedding especially back in the days and in the old countries, a girl (bride) really has no say in the matter. There were several opium overdosed instances when I lived in Laos and Thailand as that was the only way out for those poor girls...sad but true.

And she probably asked her parents or side for help but knowing how many elders operate once the money and bride changed hands, they just push her back into the abusive environment that she's been by using the typical, "go back, be patient, and work things out with your husband.." line. Probably explains why she had to stay in the "garage".

Sydney

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 11:47:47 PM »
In a traditional Hmong wedding especially back in the days and in the old countries, a girl (bride) really has no say in the matter. There were several opium overdosed instances when I lived in Laos and Thailand as that was the only way out for those poor girls...sad but true.

And she probably asked her parents or side for help but knowing how many elders operate once the money and bride changed hands, they just push her back into the abusive environment that she's been by using the typical, "go back, be patient, and work things out with your husband.." line. Probably explains why she had to stay in the "garage".

It appears that she faced mistreatment non-stopped to the very end.  No one should have to live in the garage.  That is just too cold-hearted, lacking humanistic compassion. 

What are the conclusions on this case?  Did anyone get convicted for their wrong doing?  She deserves to have some justices. 

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2015, 12:54:10 AM »
So, did the other two kids live in the garage with her, too?  The ones with the new husband?

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2015, 01:13:35 AM »
Oh, haven't you heard?  They both have died.

It appears that she faced mistreatment non-stopped to the very end.  No one should have to live in the garage.  That is just too cold-hearted, lacking humanistic compassion. 

What are the conclusions on this case?  Did anyone get convicted for their wrong doing?  She deserves to have some justices.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Sydney

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2015, 09:01:29 AM »
Oh, haven't you heard?  They both have died.

No, I only know of what I read with the tidbits on Ph.  Have I overlooked the article?  Please link me?   

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2015, 10:06:05 AM »
So, did the other two kids live in the garage with her, too?  The ones with the new husband?

I think it only happen to her and the 5 kids in the beginning if it is true of them living in the garage.  I don't think a father would be so cruel to do it to his own 5 kids.  They probably have access to the house while he probably told her to stay in the garage until she moved out or have a place to go.  She probably met the new husband and moved out finally.  I think she want to sell the house but he's preventing the sale of it all these year.  Who know if the house sell earlier when they separate then they won't have this problem and maybe just the back paid chikd support. 

I think she lived in the garage 2-3 yrs and met new husband and moved out and then have 2 kids with him in 6-7 yrs.  they've been together. There is no way she is living in the garage up to this accident with 2 of the kids from the new husband.  If new husband failures to provided a home then something is wrong.

They did mentioned the new husband name when they did a fund donation for the 5 kids that are the biological parents that is now dead because they won't have a Easter without them anymore.  The fund was count by the new husband for a total of $925 that day.  I saw photo and look like my aunt Paula was the one helping to promote this along with the radio station.   

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2015, 10:20:43 AM »
If the age difference and arrangement of the wedding was wrong and not legal then why didn't the lady take action to sue the man and her parents when they are still alive and while she was in her twenties.  Just wondering how many of you in here can sue your parents and the man who force you to be marry at age 12? Sue them later in life when you are older and believe that is wrong to do to any young girl

Married at 12 yo to a 21 yo.  She didn't have to followed through it.  She could have ran away or do whatever to prevent it.  Screw the Hmong custom of kidnap, arrange marriage, etc.  It happened already but if not happy then why didn't she walk out earlier, why didn't she report to her teachers I'm married to a 21 yo., why didn't she say anything at the hospital when she gave birth that it was force/rape/etc.  Its too late for all of that now when she went through it with 5 kids and not like he was holding a gun to her head.

I respect the Hmong culture/custom but marrying young has been a practice and acceptable for generation and not just a decade ago.  One good thing is that at least there is a father and the child is nott abandoned or put us in situation where we would be having baby out of wedlock and then 3-5 kids without a father in the picture or question who is their daddy so be proud were not like Mev you see out there. 

People excuses later in life is just crap of turning one another as the evil or bad one.  It's wrong for a minor in that situation but it was never seen wrong in the eyes of the Hmong people and marriage still continued to be prosper for most until later in life when it the cheating, bad habit, lifestyle that just destroyed it.  No marriage is perfect.  It's normal for a couple to fight, have disagreement, a little dv or abuse, etc.  Most people when asked to press charges why can't hey go through with it but always going back and doing the same thing all over again.  Sometime death is the answer that end and resolved everything.  Which just leave the child to suffer. 

Sydney

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2015, 11:38:18 AM »
Similar things keep happening/repeating because the issue has never been permanently fixed or addressed.  We know we cannot control public criticism or prevent people from being so defensive, but as a whole, this sort of killing problem can be minimized. 

We need to study, discuss, dissect and change most of the harmful elements/practices in our culture in order to become stronger and healthier for future generation.

As the saying goes, keep the good and throw the bad out.  Same goes for our culture or traditional practices.  We have to learn how to let go, so our cup won't be so full in order to absorb new values.

Peace.

Like this post: +1

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2015, 12:27:34 PM »

As the saying goes, keep the good and throw the bad out.  Same goes for our culture or traditional practices.  We have to learn how to let go, so our cup won't be so full in order to absorb new values.

Peace.

I see more and more Hmong letting go of the "bad" so I'm sure we will get there someday where the majority if not all will have the common sense to see the light...

Like this post: +1

Advertisements