Advertisement

Author Topic: Moonangel's Weight Loss and Healthy Eating Log  (Read 33314 times)

zena

Re: Moonangel's Weight Loss and Healthy Eating Log
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2016, 05:59:29 PM »
The treadmill broke down completely.  Husband tried to fix it but whatever he fixed, that wasn't the issue.  Not sure what it is but told him not to do anything else on it.  We only paid $80 or so for it so I'm not worried over it.  Just that now I'm not able to run my usual runs.  I now run outdoor but only with husband.  He runs fast and he runs far and I run slow and I can only run a mile or two so I'm actually a burden on him when he runs...LOL.  :'(

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

r3b1rth

« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2016, 05:24:38 PM »
Why don't you run by yourself. Also incorporate some weight training to your work out. You'll be so surprised when you do your cardio at how much better your performance is. The strength training program I'm using is http://www.building-muscle101.com/5_dayworkout.html.

Make sure you have someone who knows what they are doing to show you proper form. Don't want to hurt yourself :).

zena

« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2016, 02:26:47 PM »
I've had some bad experiences running alone (attacked by boxers...they are popular here) and I won't run alone alone 'cause I'm a small person and don't trust being out by myself no matter how safe it is.  I know how it is to do cardio. I love it.  I used to run a lot with my dog.  I also do very light weights and bike.  Used to swim more but haven't found a good pool for many years.

Those are great routines in the link.  I don't even know what half those workouts look like so I'll have to look further into them.  It sounds like they are to build muscles but I don't think I'm quite there yet.  I need to lose a bit more weight...like between 7 to 10 lbs. I've been fluctuating a lot.

Thanks for the info.

zena

« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2016, 02:37:44 PM »
Feels like forever since I've posted photos...

Talked about Old Navy clothes fitting me too tight in the chest area in a different topic.  Went there last month or so and here's some stuff I tried out.  The red shirt, didn't buy, although I really loved the color, fabric, design, and price.

Tried to eat chicken laab with lettuce.  This was a great way to not eat white rice and it was tasteful...alt hough I did eat the leftovers later on with a bit of rice.  I guess I'm just so used to it that way.

I know this isn't the best for healthy eating for breakfast but Kneader's makes the best French toasts in the world!  Soooo delicious.  They currently have an all you can eat 'cause they just opened across the street from our house but they are so thick that I could barely finish one slice.  I'll have to keep this at a minimum, otherwise all my hard work working out will just go to waste.

Went to Tokyo Joe's over the weekend and had my usual steak with veggies and brown rice.  This meal fills me up for the whole day.

zena

« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2016, 07:25:37 PM »
I just started following a ton of fitness, exercise, weightless, and healthy eating Instagramers to stay motivated...li ke 30 of them.  It's been hard without the treadmill and I'm getting depressed.  :-[

r3b1rth

« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2016, 01:53:49 PM »
I'm glad you had a chance to look at the list I posted. And yeah, don't go running alone where you live, scary.

About the weight lifting you actually cannot bulk up muscle even if you tried really hard to. Women's bodies aren't built that way, we don't have enough testosterone to build muscles, doing weights will only make you look slimmer, and help you meet your weight goals faster because muscle uses more energy from foods than fat does so in order for you to keep weight on, you'd have to eat much more.

If I could post up pictures of my progress I would but I can't right now because of my job. But I've been on that routine for 3-4 weeks now and people tell me I look a lot thinner. I actually lost 6 lbs last week (my friend suggested that I take weight loss pills). The one I take is called BURN XS by BPI but you need to drink A LOT of water.

And by the way, I am surrounded by military guys and girls so that's all we do... work out when we're bored.

zena

« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2016, 04:16:51 PM »
Why would you ever take weight loss pills?  If you are lifting weights, aren't you already below or at your BMI weight?  And aren't all military people fit?

zena

« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2016, 04:30:16 PM »
A few years ago, I used Noom to track my running.  For some reason when I had that fallout with them and then downloaded it again, the tracking was removed.  Husband has been Nike+ and recommended it to me so I downloaded it a couple of days ago and began tracking again.  I so needed this 'cause other fitness/running apps just weren't doing it.  Nike+ isn't so bad.

I was extremely motivated this morning to run so I had husband run (he jogged) with me.  I want to be able to run at least 3 miles without stopping.  I want to get ready for my first 5K run (maybe it's my second 'cause I ran over a decade ago).  I also have goals for my first 14-er and I don't want to get winded so easily.  I've been working myself almost to tears so if I ruin it eating junk food, I'm going to be so angry at myself. 

And, although, I lost weight in my thighs and arms and shoulders and boobs, I still have a huge love handle and it has grown within the last couple of weeks due to drinking soda and eating cake and rice.  I know it's not good for me and I know it was because I had anxiety with my kids being out of school and having a new schedule due to it, but I really have to work harder at not resorting to food when the schedule changes drastically. 

Anyway, I'm really excited though.  I'm going to work at this and pull through.  I need to do this.  Here's my tracking from this morning:

Here's a photo of my back side but you can see the fat wrinkle on my tummy.  That's the love handle.  This is hardest to get rid off.  I know for a fact that it's hereditary but I also know that I can overcome it by eating healthy.  Don't judge.  What I would like is inspiration and motivation so that I can loose my tummy and tone the rest of my parts.

r3b1rth

« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2016, 09:41:32 AM »
Why would you ever take weight loss pills?  If you are lifting weights, aren't you already below or at your BMI weight?  And aren't all military people fit?

You would think right? It's just a misconception. Just like not all cops are good but that's beside the point. Different people have different body types. Even the most healthy people fail their BMI. It's not a perfect system if you're too short or too muscular. I've seen it happen to a lot of people before. I even failed one of my weigh-in's. My Senior Chief was the one who weighed me in and his comment was, "Your problem is that you're too damn short." Lol.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2615489/Know-BMI-Big-deal-say-scientists-say-FAILS-accurately-assess-body-fat-question-useful-REALLY-is.html

I started lifting again at the end of May because I gained 20 lb's over a 4 month period--the most in my life. It's hard for most people to understand but with the military deployment schedule, life is hectic, and you can never settle in to a routine.

Seven-eight months of the year we eat prison food. So after coming back to land how can you not get happy seeing real food? Even McDonald's seem like luxury food and I don't eat fast food. Story of my life. Right now they're serving hard chicken breast, undercooked rice, and half rotting lettuce. The vending machines aren't much better either--soda, candy bars, chips, all stuff I can't eat... I've been skipping the lunch lines and eating protein bars, drinks, multivitamins and water.

As for the pill, I'm using the weight loss pill to kick start my workout routine. I normally don't take it and don't advise it but for my strategy of faster gains I'm okay with the idea. Once the pills are out I'm done with it. It's working for the purpose of what I wanted.

99% of the times I do my research and listen to my body, I think that's the most important factor whether you know things are working out or not.

Anyway I went off topic. Your progress looks good. Keep us updated on your goals!!  8)

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2016, 12:50:53 PM »
I've had some bad experiences running alone (attacked by boxers...they are popular here) and I won't run alone alone 'cause I'm a small person and don't trust being out by myself no matter how safe it is.  I know how it is to do cardio. I love it.  I used to run a lot with my dog.  I also do very light weights and bike.  Used to swim more but haven't found a good pool for many years.

Those are great routines in the link.  I don't even know what half those workouts look like so I'll have to look further into them.  It sounds like they are to build muscles but I don't think I'm quite there yet.  I need to lose a bit more weight...like between 7 to 10 lbs. I've been fluctuating a lot.

Thanks for the info.

I would not walk or run alone out there being petite.  I do in my new neighborhood as it is more open. 

I can just step out of my home and walk across the street.

Walk around this storm pump across the street in circles.  This is dead end street and if you don't live in either 2 street then most likely you won't drive into this location/neighborhood.  It is still farm land behind the storm pump. 

You might see people dirt bike riding.  This is the 1st time they ever they cleaned and smooth it out otherwise it will just be all weed.

Bible verses written down on the pavement.

Circle is big enough to run or walk.  I would do maybe 3x.

Bike/walk path which go all the way to my old neighbhorhood/home if going west route.  If going east route then it will go all the way to the new hospital.  I use this path/route if I want to do at least 1 hr of walking.  City college is just across the street which we can run on their track, play tennis, etc.  I haven't not use it.  My kids and neighborhood kids sometime would bug to take them riding around the college so husband and I take them since there is always 5-7 of them.  Neighborhood kids can be annoying because they know I don't work and is more free to do stuff that they would asked to go to the park, bike riding, lake, etc.  One thing I hate to be responsible for kids.

Walk path behind my house......

My regular 6 am walk..........

End my morning walk back to the house picking up the morning newspaper..... .

The next 2 blocks across the street is empty home lot.  I take my kids there for practicing riding bike and walk around it 4x if it is late evening. 

I go walking I bring a mace/pepper spray.  I always run into the same familiar face so it hasn't become a problem and most will know to keep their dog on a leash......... .  I don't like to walk or jog on main street for people driving by and seeing you.  I feel where I am is good enough to step out and have many choices.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2016, 12:56:59 PM »
You would think right? It's just a misconception. Just like not all cops are good but that's beside the point. Different people have different body types. Even the most healthy people fail their BMI. It's not a perfect system if you're too short or too muscular. I've seen it happen to a lot of people before. I even failed one of my weigh-in's. My Senior Chief was the one who weighed me in and his comment was, "Your problem is that you're too damn short." Lol.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2615489/Know-BMI-Big-deal-say-scientists-say-FAILS-accurately-assess-body-fat-question-useful-REALLY-is.html

I started lifting again at the end of May because I gained 20 lb's over a 4 month period--the most in my life. It's hard for most people to understand but with the military deployment schedule, life is hectic, and you can never settle in to a routine.

Seven-eight months of the year we eat prison food. So after coming back to land how can you not get happy seeing real food? Even McDonald's seem like luxury food and I don't eat fast food. Story of my life. Right now they're serving hard chicken breast, undercooked rice, and half rotting lettuce. The vending machines aren't much better either--soda, candy bars, chips, all stuff I can't eat... I've been skipping the lunch lines and eating protein bars, drinks, multivitamins and water.

As for the pill, I'm using the weight loss pill to kick start my workout routine. I normally don't take it and don't advise it but for my strategy of faster gains I'm okay with the idea. Once the pills are out I'm done with it. It's working for the purpose of what I wanted.

99% of the times I do my research and listen to my body, I think that's the most important factor whether you know things are working out or not.

Anyway I went off topic. Your progress looks good. Keep us updated on your goals!!  8)

I get criticized and look by people like something because they think I'm fine or fit and why do I need to be out there walking.  I have to tell them just because I look fine and normal does not mean that I have no health issue.  I have my own concerns and testing can be up or down, etc.  One thing is that I'm never on the big size but I exercise to see if there is change in my bp, change the way I eat, etc.  When I tried it doesn't change much I go back to my old way. 

I would love to have a little more meat on my butt just to wear pant vs a flat butt.

zena

« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2016, 02:20:28 PM »

I understand the misconception.  Yeah, I get that it's not the BMI is not a perfect system it it's pretty close otherwise what's really the point of having it?  Once other systems come into place (become popular) then maybe they will get rid of it.  Your Senior Chief is funny and perfectly honest and that's good.

I thought if you gained weight you're suppose to lose it first before lifting?

I totally get you!  I don't even have to be in the military and I eat junk food.  Usually after weeks of eating healthy stuff only I get the cravings and then I give in and eat the junk food like crazy and gain the weight all back.

I C.

True.

No probs.  Thanks.

zena

« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2016, 02:37:14 PM »
I would not walk or run alone out there being petite.  I do in my new neighborhood as it is more open. 

I go walking I bring a mace/pepper spray.  I always run into the same familiar face so it hasn't become a problem and most will know to keep their dog on a leash......... .  I don't like to walk or jog on main street for people driving by and seeing you.  I feel where I am is good enough to step out and have many choices.

Thanks for sharing your photos, SB.  I would be scared to run alone in your neighborhood too.  Just to clear up any misunderstandi ng, it's not that my neighborhood isn't safe, it's that I am just too careful.  I don't think you can get any safer than my neighborhood.  Of course as mentioned in another post, they are building all around here so it might not be the safest for long.  This suburb used to border rural (a five minute drive east and it's complete farmland) but a lot of the farms have been sold to the builders and will be houses in the next few years.

I'm glad you bring pepper spray, I do that when I go hiking in the mountains, but not when I run or bike.  I guess I can bring some along but I don't think there's enough time for me to unzip my pack and bring it out before an attack.  Our main streets are quiet still.  When we first moved here the big streets were so empty it was almost like a ghost town but with the influx of people, it's a little busier.  If I got attacked by a loose dog, no one will see 'cause it's usually not busy when I run.

zena

« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2016, 03:12:48 PM »
Yesterday, the family went to Manitou Springs to try The Incline.  It's a one mile stairs straight up to the summit.  It's harder than it looks.  We didn't finish 'cause a storm was coming in but husband and older daughter made it halfway.  Myself and younger daughter were so close to halfway.  Next time, we will summit.  It's a definite bucketlist now.

The view was beautiful.

zena

« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2016, 03:50:16 PM »
Btw, I can't do any workouts today 'cause I'm sick and I got sick from over working my body.  I'm so upset I could cry.  I have to go at least 10 days without any sort of working out until my body returns to normal.  I have inflammation of the skin (which is very painful) when I over exert myself and have to take Prednisone for it.  If you are not aware, Prednisone is a prescription steriod that is taken tapered, for sample: start with 5 one day, then 4 the next day, then 3 the day, then 2 the next day, then 1 on the last day.  I have to wait until I am completely done with the cycle and I normally start with two days of 5 pills then two days of 4 pills and so on until I finish, thus the 10 days.  The inflammation has to be completely gone before I can do any extraneous exercise like running, biking, squats, etc.  If I don't wait and just start working out while I'm trying to heal, I will only extend the pain and have to be on Prednisone for a much longer period.

Happens all the time when I over do it and it's hard to really tell when I over do it.  I try to hit it just right before I get to the point where I can feel that I've overdone it but it's so hard to hit it right on target.

I wish I could just work myself out and not have to worry about this illness.  :(

Advertisements