Advertisement

Author Topic: Chicken prep for a trad Hmong funeral  (Read 8848 times)

chidorix0x

Chicken prep for a trad Hmong funeral
« on: April 08, 2015, 12:38:57 PM »
For all you HA'MUNG and Hmong/Mong alike, this is the proper and preferred chicken preparation one needs to adhere to when prepping and cooking (boiling) the two chickens used towards a traditional Hmong/Mong funeral regardless if they are for Qhua Txooj or Tab.

1.  Make sure any and all internal organs,  including blood clots and/or entrails, are completely removed.  Bottom line, the cavity needs to be pristine, completely clean of all internal and foreign substances.  * This is the biggest mishap I see all the time.  And some with dire repercussions too for all parties.

2.  Make sure the chickens are completely cooked through.   Since they are being boiled, 45 minutes is sufficient if the pot is big enough to fully immerse them. Otherwise 30 minutes per side,  being flipped at each interval.  Undercooked is contagious and can lead to food poisoning. If in doubt, overcooking it is fine.  No problem.

3.  DO NOT cut the beak, head, legs or any part of the chicken except what is absolutely necessary to clean it..

4. DO NOT tie any part of the chicken when placed in basket or bag.  Wrapping them in foil from staining is OK though technically they should be placed freely inside.

These are the TOP 4 offenses I have witnessed time and time again at every funeral I have been to. And they all make fun of all you HA'MUNG for these offenses that in some cases have lead to some major repercussions for all parties involved.

Hope this helps.  Questions and clarifications, just ask.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

chidorix0x

Re: Chicken prep for a trad Hmong funeral
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 05:49:26 PM »
what a good waste of chicken if it is to feed the dead!  ;D

... kekeke  ...   :2funny:  ...  KEKEKE  ...   :idiot2:

As expected from a clueless HA'MUNG  ...  kekeke  ...   >:D

Stybic_Kemaka

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 10:56:50 PM »
What tha HA'MUNG?

What if I wanna have a fit with the descendent of the dead...

chidorix0x

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 12:06:38 AM »
What tha HA'MUNG?

What if I wanna have a fit with the descendent of the dead...

...  kekeke  ...   :2funny:

As a HA'MUNG you can employ one of the three most popular HA'MUNG "I wanna have a fit ..." resolution with the descendant of the dead/or my foe:

1.  Wait till there is a Hmong event (soccer tourney, New Year, or party) and round up your HA'MUNG thugs, over a dozen, to jump the skinniest weakling of the descendants/your foe then scattering like rats when the authority (big boy/s) arrives  ...  kekeke  ...   ;D

2.  Take the descendants of the dead/your foe to the HA'MUNG people's court where any civilized being would only  :idiot2: at your HA'MUNGness  ...  kekeke  ...   :2funny:

3.  Keep spatting your HA'MUNGness to your HA'MUNG satisfaction  ...   ::)  ...  kekeke  ...   :D 

chidorix0x

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 05:14:43 PM »
/\/\

... kekeke ...  :2funny:  ...  KEKEKE ...   :idiot2:

Clueless HA'MUNG indeed  ...   ::)

( Who or what says you/one cannot consume the cooked chickens, cept your irrelevant HaMung CrASStians and clueless HA'MUNG  ... KEKEKE ...  >:D)

Offline floaty

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 03:32:49 AM »
What else do you bring with chicken? Rice? Beer/wine? Who is it to be handed of too? What is to be said?

"You drown not by falling into the water, but by staying submerged in it."

chidorix0x

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 10:56:32 AM »
What else do you bring with chicken? Rice? Beer/wine? Who is it to be handed of too? What is to be said?

More than likely you or the majority is only tasked with being a Qhua Tab (the simpler portion so I won't mention the Qhua Txooj part).

The full contents of the basket are:  1. 2 whole chicken, thoroughly cleaned and cooked, 2. a spoon of cooked rice with a little piece of cooked chicken breast/meat (size of a finger at most from one of the chicken is ok) wrapped in foil, 3. 2 bottle of beer/pop (size is personal preference, and with 2 shot cups <--> else one can just use/borrow them on location), 4. some josing essence sticks with the desired paper money

Somone is going to say I forgot about the $sunshine money$.  No I did not as they are not an item to go in the basket  ...   O0  And the amount etc. varies depending on certain situtations/locations and persons/practices so I won't tackle it here either  ...   8)

***  And do not forget to put the NAME of the person, peferrably somewhere openly visible, like on the side of the basket or handle on the basket.

Someone will take it, the basket, from you upon entering.  There is nothing that needs to be said.  ( ***  If you are the representative, tus kis, tasked with carrying and retrieving the basket then the only thing that you need to say, or will have to say, is how to "Thank You", ua tsaug xyom cuab.  This is why it is imperative the two chicken are prepared precisely as I had initially stated else there will be a lot that needs to be said (putting your representative in jeopardy/awkwardness if he is clueless about this cultural aspect  ...  kekeke  ...   ;D  ...  KEKEKE  ...   :idiot2:)

« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 11:06:06 AM by chidorix0x »

Like this post: +1

yuknowthat

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2015, 06:12:31 PM »
Nyiaj ntau/txais hlua nyuj/nyiaj tshav ntuj/ nyiaj kab tsem should be included too?

chidorix0x

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2015, 07:18:18 PM »
Nyiaj ntau/txais hlua nyuj/nyiaj tshav ntuj/ nyiaj kab tsem should be included too?

...  kekeke  ...   ???

Qhua Tab does not (ever/never) have these whatsoever  ...  not sure where you got this idea  ...  KEKEKE  ...   >:D

Tsis li xwb cov $nyiaj$, of any kind, is not meant (nor is it ever/never) put inside the basket along with the chickkens etc. ...  kekeke  ...   O0

yuknowthat

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2015, 01:03:12 AM »
...  kekeke  ...   ???

Qhua Tab does not (ever/never) have these whatsoever  ...  not sure where you got this idea  ...  KEKEKE  ...   >:D

Tsis li xwb cov $nyiaj$, of any kind, is not meant (nor is it ever/never) put inside the basket along with the chickkens etc. ...  kekeke  ...   O0
tsuas nug xwb. Txob chim mas. Hehehe. Tsam plig yuam kev xiam thaj nab. Btw. Ua tsaug koj qhia.

chidorix0x

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2015, 04:11:28 AM »
tsuas nug xwb. Txob chim mas. Hehehe. Tsam plig yuam kev xiam thaj nab. Btw. Ua tsaug koj qhia.

Es twb qhia lawm ned ( 8)) es tseem chim qhov twg thiab  ...  KEKEKE  ...   >:D

Yog leej twg plig qaug ces kawg mus nrhiav txiv neeb txiv yaig seb pab puas tau xwb ...  kekeke  ...   O0

Hos yog noob HA'Mung no ces  ...  xyov yuav pib qhov twg li cas (lewd "cheese-pow")  ...  sho-show shaw-weed  ... ha'KEKEKE  ...   ???

xkellyx

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2015, 02:33:57 PM »
If I'm not mistaken they need the heart too

chidorix0x

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2015, 06:48:54 PM »
If I'm not mistaken they need the heart too

U r most definitely "mistaken" ( :idiot2:)  ...  KEKEKE  ...   >:D

(Oh, y don't U give/leave the "heart" (in UR chickens) and find out how much "loving" you will get  ...  kekeke  ...   ::)/ :idiot2:  ...   :knuppel2:)

yuknowthat

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2015, 10:36:48 PM »
Chi, doesnt that mean so that you arent happy aboutif you leave the heart in?

NeejYagHawj

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2015, 08:17:14 PM »
chidaoeixx...

just so you know...labelin g hmogn/mong means there are two groups...it also implies there are two groups.

and just so you know, Mong do not use chicken for this part of the ritual as you desperately trying to understand what your'e talking about.

now woudl ike you like to start fresh so you wouldn't be an idiot?

to add to your words...make sure you knwo whatyuou're doing if you're the "kis"..there is a part where you actually have to separate the chickens...one back to your party and one to xyom cuab...

if  you really know what you are doing, the chickens are separated into 4 parts for teh 4 parties....sin ce you're still young and dumb, i am assuming that you have not seen it done correctly ever...but if you ask elders who are more than 70 years old AND STILL REEMMBER...THE N THEY WOULD TELL YOU WHAT I SAID.

Advertisements