Advertisement

Author Topic: want to lower my crx by two inches to increase mpg  (Read 1938 times)

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
want to lower my crx by two inches to increase mpg
« on: April 13, 2015, 11:54:24 AM »
how much would it cost to lower my crx?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Sifu

Re: want to lower my crx by two inches to increase mpg
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 01:52:49 PM »
You could always cut the springs or get ABC coilovers for probably less than $1,500.

Envy2

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 01:37:57 PM »

Depends on how much you want to spend. Spring only = cheap $100-300. You can also go with the cheap China coilovers.  if you got serious money you can get the double adjustable at around $2-5K for just the shock/structs. of course since you won't be racing so I recommend the softer ricer suspension such as K-Sport or Tein. 

I want a CRX too. Too bad it will get stolen so I stay away from it like the plague.

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 02:00:44 PM »
Depends on how much you want to spend. Spring only = cheap $100-300. You can also go with the cheap China coilovers.  if you got serious money you can get the double adjustable at around $2-5K for just the shock/structs. of course since you won't be racing so I recommend the softer ricer suspension such as K-Sport or Tein. 

I want a CRX too. Too bad it will get stolen so I stay away from it like the plague.

My CRX is very clean and so yes there's that chance of it being stolen.  I only drive it to work and yes long distance driving.  The CRX is one of the most comfortable car for long distance driving.  I never miss that Subaru impreza again.  :)

3 Years Time

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 06:29:46 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CwNK5kqYBM

Eibach, you can't beat German engineering when it comes to springs. Around $200 for the 88-91 CRX. The ride comfort is okay, won't be as good as your stock springs so I don't know if it's worth it for fuel economy. But since it's long distance and highway work only, you should be okay. Anytime you lower the car the comfort will never be as good as stock settings unless you get the other setup:

For about $1200, you can buy Koni yellow shocks + Ground Control coilovers (they use Eibach springs) will be the best balance of comfort/performance, and is in the fact the only way of dropping your car without sacrificing ride comfort.

Sifu

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 09:27:18 AM »
Are you hyper miling with your Crx?

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 11:07:42 AM »
I"m not a crazy hypermiling guy but it feels good to get 70 mpg. 

The best way to get the highest mpg is to lower it by 2 inches, put on some skinny tires.

MilesDaddy

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 07:07:50 PM »
ebay coilovers $300

Advertisements