Advertisement

Author Topic: PC vs. Console  (Read 3274 times)

bulbasaur

PC vs. Console
« on: April 14, 2015, 05:14:09 AM »
Personally, I don't really understand why people feel so passionate about this argument.  Why can't you just game on whatever you want without belittling others?  What is next?  Are you going to belittle people who prefer to game on their phones?  I understand the flexibility and performance of PC gaming, but setting up a PC for gaming can be tedious.  Consoles aren't as flexible and they don't perform as well as a PC, but they are virtually plug-n-play.  Then, there are the games.  Some games are console exclusives.  Some games are PC exclusives.  If you love Mario and play Mario for hundreds of hours, then why would you buy a PC?  A PC is far superior in terms of flexibility and performance to a Wii U, but a PC doesn't have the newest Mario game.  If you like playing tons of different games regardless of any specific franchise, then PC would be a good choice.  There are tons of games out on PC, and the games are usually cheaper on PC.  Also, PC bargain buys can be incredibly cheap. 

Obviously, if you can afford to have all the systems, that would be ideal.  However, I understand that most people have a budget. 

In the end, just play the games you want to play on whatever system you want to use. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

minorcharacter

Re: PC vs. Console
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 08:52:51 AM »
I didn't know there was much animosity between the PC vs Console gamers.  I game on both and it's nice that these new games are able to create a joint platform for people to enjoy multiplayer games such as Final Fantasy XIV.  However my personal belief is that the gaming industry is playing the biggest game on all of us.  I have a PS4, Wii-U, and PC and many hand helds because of all the exclusive games they'll publish (like Xenoblade).

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 03:00:47 PM »
I think I'm ten years late...

Just finally bought a PS3 and then there's a PS4...just like that.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Sifu

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 08:34:25 AM »
Gaming community is a toxic community.  It's like American professions sports or rabid soccer fans.  Somehow it's so serious business to mouth off obsessively and forever.  I don't even frequent many gaming forums because its so damn annoying to swim through the posts.

Sifu

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 08:39:54 AM »
I think I'm ten years late...

Just finally bought a PS3 and then there's a PS4...just like that.
PS4 is a damn nice machine.  My PS3 and Xbox360 (first gems) finally died.  I was sad because my careers for those two machines was gone.  We got a PS4 and the next generation of gaming was something that took me by surprise.  My only complaints are
- PS4 media server is not yet implemented
- the downloading of games still pisses,me off
- the controller battery is a joke but the controller is pretty slick

When money permits I'll build a new PC (been almost a decade on my laptop) and get an XBox One.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 12:57:53 PM »
I kind of want the Xbox One...relive the Halo legends.  :2funny:

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Sifu

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 08:58:28 AM »
Don't bring up gamergate.  That thing turned into a crapstorm for no reason.  What started out as an opinion and argument turned into something far far more toxic than what anyone could imagine.

Offline Risingstars

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 09:17:35 AM »
Behold......I give you Area 51.....And then....A PC/Console-All-in-One....Half life 2 episode 3 (HLF3) is pretty much stocked in here....
I personally like PC but also like the whole open concept of having a chassis design to be like a console. The only thing that would be wrong from this is the space and the ability to perform well without overheating with only there was direction the heat is venting.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 09:21:08 AM by Risingstars »

"Noj zaub yuav rau roj, ua neeg nyob yuav tsum ua siab loj"

Sifu

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2015, 11:33:50 AM »
I can't stand gaming rigs with lasers and stupid LED for everything. 

Offline Risingstars

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2015, 12:00:47 PM »
I can't stand gaming rigs with lasers and stupid LED for everything.

That is why this is a perfect match for you my man.....
Awesome surfing the web..... :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:
Everything is modify so that there is no lasers or LED that make it flashy and appealing...Ju st the plain old reusable cardboard box...

« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 12:03:39 PM by Risingstars »

Sifu

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2015, 12:28:04 PM »
Your post wasn't to reflect my distaste for past and current rigs.  I want mine simple like Golden Boy.  Cardboard makes it becoming closer to reality.

Offline Risingstars

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2015, 12:54:54 PM »
I see, well you really like the concept of no LED lights or lasers, get a Raspberry Pi or an Intel Galileo. The Pi is only limited to Linux based operating systems, but Windows 10 is given to the Pi as development. The Intel Galileo can run Windows, I don't remember which versions. But these "prince charming" are pretty neat if you are gonna small. You pretty much still need the monitor as well as the mouse and keyboard. The reason why its hard to play with these things is that you got to know what you are doing. I will just stick to the laser, glowing bright blue lights in my rig. Either this or get a 3DS and play like crazy like my younger brother always on his 3DS playing Pokemon X and Y...

Sifu

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2015, 01:33:07 PM »
I just cut the wires, desolder or remove the LEDs. Just sucks because you have to pay for it sometimes.

bulbasaur

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2015, 09:27:20 PM »
I also don't get the lights on cases.  Don't most people just have the case on the side of a desk?  Maybe people have their cases showcased in the middle of the room now. 

Advertisements