Advertisement

Author Topic: The Street Fighter Diaries  (Read 3520 times)

Offline anonymouse

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +243
    • View Profile
Re: The Street Fighter Diaries
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2015, 02:20:39 PM »
I don't really play Smash Bros, but Ryu looks fun.  PS All Stars didn't quite get the following Sony wanted...or maybe it did and I am just not one of them.

I heard he plays like a street fighter character. so we'll see.

PSAB I didn't play, but from the videos I've seen and the reviews I've read.  It did poorly because of two major things:
1. confusing,wierd, and often annoying battle system:  IIRC they said you can't kill unless you use the so called "super move" which is charged from your attacks.
2. Roster depth: it's supposed to be the equivalent of Smash.  A beat em up involving the system's mascots.  But most of the characters were kinda meh.  Nothing really exciting about them.

Like this post: 0
Try to change the things you cannot accept.

Adverstisement

Offline anonymouse

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2015, 02:38:56 PM »
lets t alk about something else in the SF universe:

Which pupil would win

Sakura vs Sean

My vote goes to Sakura.  From what I recall.  She wasn't originally taught by Ryu.  She learned it from watching and mimicking him (it explains her different shoryuken and hurricane kick).  She was later taught by him.  She has more experience or atleast should.  But I'd say what gives her the advantage is her prowess in the skills and her control over her hadouken.

Sean can't do the regular hadouken.  His is a hadou burst special move.  While she can do both the regular hadouken and shinku hadouken.  Sure her range isn't as great, but she can do it.  He takes up alot of concentration and energy to release his.

- I'm excluding her dark sakura.  I don't know if that's even canon.

Offline bulbasaur

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +136
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2015, 02:55:26 AM »
I'd go with Sakura just because I like her better.  I didn't really play SF3, so maybe that is why I don't care for Sean too much.  I don't really know their bios, but I seem to recall that Sakura isn't actually that good.  She is just really enthusiastic.  Sean might actually be a real fighter.  Sakura might just lose because she doesn't really want to hurt anyone. 

I prefer Sakura vs. Ling Xiaoyu.  They should do a Tekken vs. Street Fighter...not that crap Capcom tried.  Let Namco do their thing.  Do people even play that game anymore?  I had high hopes for it, but it is not even fun to play casually. 

lets t alk about something else in the SF universe:

Which pupil would win

Sakura vs Sean

My vote goes to Sakura.  From what I recall.  She wasn't originally taught by Ryu.  She learned it from watching and mimicking him (it explains her different shoryuken and hurricane kick).  She was later taught by him.  She has more experience or atleast should.  But I'd say what gives her the advantage is her prowess in the skills and her control over her hadouken.

Sean can't do the regular hadouken.  His is a hadou burst special move.  While she can do both the regular hadouken and shinku hadouken.  Sure her range isn't as great, but she can do it.  He takes up alot of concentration and energy to release his.

- I'm excluding her dark sakura.  I don't know if that's even canon.

Offline bulbasaur

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2015, 03:03:36 AM »
8. The Unblockable Hurricane

When the air hurricane came out, it was so much fun, especially when they allowed it to arc.  One of the things I really enjoyed doing was hitting a meaty flying hurricane.  At first, it was just for show.  But then, I noticed that it was actually hitting.  It was really obvious that I was coming in.  They could block or anti-air.  Sometimes, I just did it over and over again.  It didn't work every time, but it worked enough.  Also, it worked more with Ryu, not really with Ken.  It was probably just a bug, but it was a fun bug to exploit.  I kept it a secret for a while until my friends started doing it to me. 

Offline anonymouse

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2015, 12:38:00 PM »
I'd go with Sakura just because I like her better.  I didn't really play SF3, so maybe that is why I don't care for Sean too much.  I don't really know their bios, but I seem to recall that Sakura isn't actually that good.  She is just really enthusiastic.  Sean might actually be a real fighter.  Sakura might just lose because she doesn't really want to hurt anyone. 

I prefer Sakura vs. Ling Xiaoyu.  They should do a Tekken vs. Street Fighter...not that crap Capcom tried.  Let Namco do their thing.  Do people even play that game anymore?  I had high hopes for it, but it is not even fun to play casually.

Sakura could win fights which Sean according to his ending scenes is always losing.. 

I heard from people that in the comics, Sakura is actually said to be able to be as strong or stronger than ryu with proper training.  She has alot of potential.  But I've never actually read that comic so not sure.

As far as I know it.  Sean has more direct training than Sakura as he was directly trained by Ken while Sakura wasn't trained by Ryu until much later, after she had already learned skills from mimicking him. From game canon she learned it from mimicking ryu.  Which is actually quite interesting and shows how much potential she has.  Sean with training can't really use the hadouken.  While Sakura without training can. 

Street fighter in the tekken style is probably easier to get used to than tekken fighters in street fighter style.
- probably the only thing that they have to fix is the fireballs..  make it more like devil/devil jin's beams i guess..

Or it can be one of those overcharged fireballs that goes nowhere.

they can turn supercombos into the 10 hit combos tekken have.

I'd be interested in seeing King vs Zangief. 

Offline bulbasaur

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2015, 12:03:40 AM »
9. Spamming

People get really pissed with fireball spamming.  Back in the arcade days, some guys almost got into a fight over fireball spamming (they might have gotten into a fight if it were throwing).  Chip damage could be devastating in the earlier games.  I never had a problem because I felt it was fair.  Characters that spam usually have other weaknesses to exploit.  Plus, if spamming is so easy for a cheap victory, then why can't everyone do it?  Sagat doesn't win every tournament. 

Offline bulbasaur

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2015, 12:06:09 AM »
10.  Noobs and Akuma

Kids today play ST and think they are awesome at the game because they dominate with Akuma.  They don't realize that Akuma was purposely created to be a broken character. 

Offline bulbasaur

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2016, 02:05:58 PM »
So these two older guys were talking about SF2 and how it was back in the day.  They both agreed that throwing was cheap.  I disagreed, but I didn't say anything.  Back in the day, a lot of people felt it was cheap, so I understand where they were coming from.  However, I felt it was part of the game.  Throwing is to counter blocking.  What is really cheap is getting into a lead, then just running away and blocking.  What are you supposed to do if a person is just blocking?  Of course, throw. 

Advertisements