Advertisement

Author Topic: Any Exotic car Hmong Owners out there?  (Read 7975 times)

civixer

Any Exotic car Hmong Owners out there?
« on: April 24, 2015, 02:48:45 PM »
Hello everyone... This is my first post here and I have always been fascinated with sports cars!  I know that we, Hmong, have many millionaires out there already but I was just wondering if any of you know any Hmong who own any exotic car ( Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Aston Martin etc... ) out there?  I am aware that many Hmong do own M3s, M5s, NSX... and even 911s but I guess these other exotic cars are rare in the Hmong community... but then again, I may be wrong!!  Please share!  No names needed!!  :)

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Envy2

Re: Any Exotic car Hmong Owners out there?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 05:05:21 PM »
Dude this is the worst place to ask! Are you looking to marry one?

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 10:27:45 PM »
I know a fews guys who own 60k-100k cars, but I don't believe those to be exotics unless they're used. Nowadays a Toyota Avalon is almost 50k.  LOL I've been looking at a few C6 Z06s and Vipers. Never owned a domestic before and these look promising.

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 12:29:18 AM »
I know a fews guys who own 60k-100k cars, but I don't believe those to be exotics unless they're used. Nowadays a Toyota Avalon is almost 50k.  LOL I've been looking at a few C6 Z06s and Vipers. Never owned a domestic before and these look promising.

I've owned a C5 Vette and even though it's considered a "high end" domestic model, the quality was not as good as my average Toyota and Honda models in terms of dependability. Hopefully the new ones are better. The Vette and Viper have a good starting point if you are looking for power and torque.

Out of the domestic models I've owned, the Wrangler was the most dependable.

I had a friend that bought a first year Viper (94?) back in 1994 and it didn't come with A/C, I'm like that much money spent and no A/C?  ??? :o

civixer

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 02:49:33 AM »
Thanks for the replies!  In MN, I've seen a few Hmongs driving '03+ VIPERS, one w/ a new VETTE, and yes, even one w/ a GTR!!  With so many successful Hmong enterpreneurs in the US, I'm sure they could buy either a FERRARI or LAMBO if they wanted to... Although I have not seen one in MN yet, I believe I will one day! 😊   Perhaps those of you living in warmer states such as California would have a better chance to see a Hmong owner of such exotic car! 

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 11:56:03 AM »
Thanks for the replies!  In MN, I've seen a few Hmongs driving '03+ VIPERS, one w/ a new VETTE, and yes, even one w/ a GTR!!  With so many successful Hmong enterpreneurs in the US, I'm sure they could buy either a FERRARI or LAMBO if they wanted to... Although I have not seen one in MN yet, I believe I will one day! 😊   Perhaps those of you living in warmer states such as California would have a better chance to see a Hmong owner of such exotic car!

Perhaps some have my take in regards to things like that. Even if money is no object, I can't see myself living in mega mansion or own a fleet of exotic cars like Bugatti, Ferrari, Lambo, McClaren, etc., because a car like a Supra or Vette or Viper or GT-R can perform as well as some Ferrari and Lambo models for much less money stock vs. stock. Therefore, it would be an overkill to me just to pay more for the name plate or brand. I feel the same way in moto world too, I can't see myself paying more for a Ducati, MV or HD when models from other brands offers the same and in some cases more for less money.

With that said if one just want to say "I owned a Ferrari" for the name tag, to show off/get attention ("hey look at me"), or other reasons, it's not that much to pick up a used model like this $38k with 20k miles Ferrari:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/4966120328.html

It's not that much more than this $30k 94 Supra TT with much higher mileage (97K miles):

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/4992023203.html

« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 12:03:12 PM by theking »

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 07:20:27 PM »
Perhaps some have my take in regards to things like that. Even if money is no object, I can't see myself living in mega mansion or own a fleet of exotic cars like Bugatti, Ferrari, Lambo, McClaren, etc., because a car like a Supra or Vette or Viper or GT-R can perform as well as some Ferrari and Lambo models for much less money stock vs. stock. Therefore, it would be an overkill to me just to pay more for the name plate or brand. I feel the same way in moto world too, I can't see myself paying more for a Ducati, MV or HD when models from other brands offers the same and in some cases more for less money.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/4966120328.html

This is true for track and thats why I haven't gotten myself to purchase a straight line car.  In HPDE the S2000 does just a well as any other car & is a blast to drive without all the maintenance. I figure if I buy a Supra, NSX or anything similar I can just add a turbo to the S2000 and be par with them unless I'm going for looks that is.

I'm just looking to move to a bigger engine and I love the sound of a I6/V6 or V8 car.  O0

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

civixer

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2015, 08:24:35 PM »
Everyone has their own reasons when buying a car especially when it comes to a sport car!  Maybe it's the high horsepower or the thrill of the speed it can achieve or maybe it is the attention that it brings...  Whatever the reason, it always brings joy to the owner!  The way I see it, if you can... Why not! 😊   As for myself, I've always been a fan of Lamborghini and, of course, would love to own one since it has always been my dream car since childhood.  Realistically, at the present time, it is indeed just a dream!  But with hard work and determination, any dreams can become reality... Such as that Hmong Ferrari owner back in '92!  O0

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2015, 01:30:17 AM »
Everyone has their own reasons when buying a car especially when it comes to a sport car!  Maybe it's the high horsepower or the thrill of the speed it can achieve or maybe it is the attention that it brings...  Whatever the reason, it always brings joy to the owner!  The way I see it, if you can... Why not! 😊   As for myself, I've always been a fan of Lamborghini and, of course, would love to own one since it has always been my dream car since childhood.  Realistically, at the present time, it is indeed just a dream!  But with hard work and determination, any dreams can become reality... Such as that Hmong Ferrari owner back in '92!  O0

As with the low mileage used Ferrari model I posted about, I'm sure you can find a used Lambo in your price range too in the future or even new depending on where you are at. There's a good reason why those exotic cars have very low mileage: maintenance cost.

I know someone that owns a Testarossa and he tells me it cost him $10k to do the tune-up because they have to lift the V-12 motor to get to the plugs.

With that said, you should always pursue what you want in life and if that's owning a Lambo, then just do it! O0

civixer

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2015, 06:28:45 AM »
Thanks theking !  Without dreams, there is no reality! And yes, I must be financially and mentally prepared to accept the consequences of owning an exotic car: maintenance cost and the positive/negative attentions I will receive!  :P

Envy2

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2015, 11:52:39 AM »
Here you go.

http://jalopnik.com/owning-a-ferrari-for-a-year-was-a-disappointment-1668355120

Main reason why most millionaire drives $25k car. Also the reason why most black millionaire goes broke after making 50-70 mil.  If you gonna invest that much into a car, better to invest in yourself. Last thing anyone want to see is a fugly fat guy exiting a ferrari. Yes you will still get to tap them gold diggers but I'm just saying you can do that at 1/4 the cost with a M3.   

If you want a cheap exotic you can get a Lotus Evora. A used one can be had for $40-50K. It doesn't have much power but with a skill driver you can hang with a lambo at the track. Plus it has a toyota camry motor so you know your good for 100k+ miles. I can't guarantee  on the other parts failing though. Besides like that gold digging bittch will know the difference between a lotus and a ferrari. LOL.

civixer

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2015, 12:21:35 PM »
Hahaha... Envy2!  I know what you mean... and again, everyone has their personal reasons for buying a car!  Don't worry, I'm not the type that just like to look at my cars, I drive them!  So yes, I definitely know what to expect what is needed if buying an exotic!  $$$$!  Don't get me wrong, I love my Japanese Imports for their reliability which they definitely will be my other cars!  As for them gold diggers, let's just have them keep digging some more!!!  Hahaha....

MilesDaddy

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2015, 08:36:41 PM »
Maybe Hmong folks have different ways of spending their money?

Offline SEXdrugROCK

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2015, 12:11:57 PM »
Wasn't there a video a few years ago about the first Hmong Porsche owner.  :2funny:

Trick loves da kids!

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 12:41:53 PM »
Wasn't there a video a few years ago about the first Hmong Porsche owner.  :2funny:

I'm not sure who that "first Hmong" person is but I had a childhood friend that owned a Porsche 944 back in the 80's...

As I've said in my previous post, if you just want to own a Ferrari or a Porsche, it's not really that hard to do than someone that wants a Supra or a NSX.

Advertisements